Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi 07:39 - Oct 11 with 19399 viewschicoazul

No arguments now surely? The GOAT. A genius.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Messi on 08:20 - Oct 11 with 6419 viewsitfcjoe

Big players come up in big situations.

If England don't win the WC, I'd like to see the Argies do it just to cement Messi's legacy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Messi on 08:31 - Oct 11 with 6394 viewsHerbivore

Sensational player, certainly the best of his generation and very probably the GOAT.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Messi on 08:32 - Oct 11 with 6396 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ecuador finished 8th in the group and were ranked 35th in the world

Also:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24907627

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Messi on 08:35 - Oct 11 with 6377 viewsJakeITFC

It's not even close.

Idiots who think Cristiano Ronaldo is better actually make my soul hurt.
Messi on 08:36 - Oct 11 with 6374 viewsFtnfwest

Messi on 08:32 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Also:

Slovakia were/are 19th when we beat them twice and all we've done is slag England off (deservedly against slovenia)
Messi on 08:37 - Oct 11 with 6370 viewsHerbivore

Messi on 08:32 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Also:

Ronaldo scored a hattrick 4 years ago, good for him. I do feel for Ronaldo a little bit, in almost any other generation he'd be the best player by a distance and it must be gutting for him to have Messi around. It's pushed him on to be an even better player than he might otherwise have been probably but he's still not as good as Messi and that must grind his gears.

Messi on 08:38 - Oct 11 with 6362 viewsHerbivore

Messi on 08:35 - Oct 11 by JakeITFC

It's not even close.

This. As a goalscorer Messi is as good as Ronalo but Messi has so much more to his game than just goals, Ronaldo doesn't really.

Messi on 08:40 - Oct 11 with 6360 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Messi on 08:37 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Ronaldo scored a hattrick 4 years ago, good for him. I do feel for Ronaldo a little bit, in almost any other generation he'd be the best player by a distance and it must be gutting for him to have Messi around. It's pushed him on to be an even better player than he might otherwise have been probably but he's still not as good as Messi and that must grind his gears.

He’s probably fairly chuffed with his multiple Ballon d’Or’s, Champions League winners medals, league titles and European Championship winners medal, I reckon

Login to get fewer ads

Messi on 08:44 - Oct 11 with 6341 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Messi on 08:35 - Oct 11 by JakeITFC

It's not even close.

I tend to agree, although clearly any team would be pretty happy to have either, even if one is a bit c*nty

Not sure it’s as straightforward as you’ve made out though, and I certainly don’t think scoring a hat trick against Ecuador is the moment that seals Messi’s legacy

Messi on 08:48 - Oct 11 with 6330 viewsHerbivore

Messi on 08:40 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s probably fairly chuffed with his multiple Ballon d’Or’s, Champions League winners medals, league titles and European Championship winners medal, I reckon

Whilst I'm sure he's dead chuffed with what he's achieved the type of character Ronaldo is it will kill a little bit of him that he's not as good as Messi and that history will remember him as such.

Messi on 08:52 - Oct 11 with 6305 viewsvapour_trail

Messi on 08:40 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No doubt. But I suspect the point about Messi grinding his gears is on point.

Take the museum he's opened about himself and what is the very last exhibit before you leave (presumably via the gift shop)?

Scroll right to the end if you can't be arsed to read:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comme

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Messi on 08:54 - Oct 11 with 6294 viewsiamipswich

It’s basically just United fans and Madridistas who fuel the counter argument. Or the odd person with an irrational dislike for Barca/ Messi
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 8:54]

Poll: Who will return first?

Messi on 08:57 - Oct 11 with 6277 viewsHarryWright

Messi on 08:37 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

But the OP called messi the GOAT for scoring a hattrick against a terrible team - Ronaldo done the same thing four years ago against a much better team.

People's dislike of Ronaldo cloud their judgement on him, the OP is an example of both of them doing the same thing but somehow Messi's is seen as better? Consider the fact Messi has a much better team around him also.
Messi on 08:58 - Oct 11 with 6276 viewsJakeITFC

Messi on 08:44 - Oct 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I tend to agree, although clearly any team would be pretty happy to have either, even if one is a bit c*nty

Not sure it’s as straightforward as you’ve made out though, and I certainly don’t think scoring a hat trick against Ecuador is the moment that seals Messi’s legacy

Don't disagree with your Ecuador point.

Think it's one of those you just see with your eyes rather than looking at stats.
Messi on 08:58 - Oct 11 with 6274 viewsbluewein

Messi on 08:52 - Oct 11 by vapour_trail

Take the museum he's opened about himself and what is the very last exhibit before you leave (presumably via the gift shop)?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comme

Nauseating.

The other (lesser) reason people will remember Messi as the greatest. The fact that if Messi was made of chocolate, he wouldn't eat himself...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Messi on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 6269 viewsPJH

Never been any argument from me, Messi has clearly the been the best player in the World for years in my eyes.
Messi on 09:00 - Oct 11 with 6268 viewsHerbivore

Messi on 08:57 - Oct 11 by HarryWright

But the OP called messi the GOAT for scoring a hattrick against a terrible team - Ronaldo done the same thing four years ago against a much better team.

People's dislike of Ronaldo cloud their judgement on him, the OP is an example of both of them doing the same thing but somehow Messi's is seen as better? Consider the fact Messi has a much better team around him also.

I was going to respond to each or your points but they're all just nonsense so I can't be arsed.

Messi on 09:03 - Oct 11 with 6253 viewsStokieBlue

Obviously an amazing player but hard to compare across generations.

Go watch some Maradona on YouTube for instance. He basically dragged a very average Argentina to world cup winners and did the same for Napoli.

It was a different time though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Messi on 09:06 - Oct 11 with 6242 viewsPJH

Messi on 09:03 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Obviously an amazing player but hard to compare across generations.

Go watch some Maradona on YouTube for instance. He basically dragged a very average Argentina to world cup winners and did the same for Napoli.

It was a different time though.

SB

Napoli did not win the World Cup.
Messi on 09:07 - Oct 11 with 6239 viewsStokieBlue

Messi on 09:06 - Oct 11 by PJH

Napoli did not win the World Cup.

Not my best sentence but you know what I mean.

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 9:07]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Messi on 09:09 - Oct 11 with 6222 viewssolemio

To be fair Ronaldo is the best ever player from Madeira.
Messi on 09:11 - Oct 11 with 6211 viewsHarryWright

Messi on 09:00 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

I was going to respond to each or your points but they're all just nonsense so I can't be arsed.

Good argument well done mate.
Messi on 09:13 - Oct 11 with 6201 viewsHarryWright

Messi on 08:58 - Oct 11 by bluewein

Nauseating.

The other (lesser) reason people will remember Messi as the greatest. The fact that if Messi was made of chocolate, he wouldn't eat himself...

You do realise you're talking about a guy who had a sulk when his team didn't win the copa America and retired.
Messi on 09:19 - Oct 11 with 6178 viewsPJH

Messi on 09:07 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Not my best sentence but you know what I mean.

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 9:07]

Please don't edit it though because that would spoil my post.
Messi on 09:29 - Oct 11 with 6149 viewsbrazil1982

Messi on 08:52 - Oct 11 by vapour_trail

His statue is the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024