Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No mention of The Detectorists on here? 13:02 - Nov 9 with 8226 viewsvilanovablue

One of the best comedies on TV, beautifully written and acted. I'm gutted this will be the final series.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:03 - Nov 9 with 8218 viewsSpruceMoose

I think it was mentioned earlier this week, there was a thread about it. We all agreed with you. It is the official TWTD TV show of choice.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:03 - Nov 9 with 8215 viewsunbelievablue

I posted about it the other day, not knowing a new series was out. Will watch tonight.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:12 - Nov 9 with 8191 viewsvilanovablue

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:03 - Nov 9 by SpruceMoose

I think it was mentioned earlier this week, there was a thread about it. We all agreed with you. It is the official TWTD TV show of choice.

You had me until the sentence "we all agreed with you"
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:27 - Nov 9 with 8157 viewsBent_double

Wasn't too impressed with the first episode last night, I'm sure it will improve though.

Incidently, caught the tail-end of an interview with Mckenzie Crook on R5L yesterday, and he and the presenter were joking about the budget of the show and how much it cost to make Sussex look like Essex. I though the general consensus on the thread the other day was that it was all filmed around North Essex/Suffolk?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:33 - Nov 9 with 8144 viewsvilanovablue

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:27 - Nov 9 by Bent_double

Wasn't too impressed with the first episode last night, I'm sure it will improve though.

Incidently, caught the tail-end of an interview with Mckenzie Crook on R5L yesterday, and he and the presenter were joking about the budget of the show and how much it cost to make Sussex look like Essex. I though the general consensus on the thread the other day was that it was all filmed around North Essex/Suffolk?

I thought it was filmed in and around Framlingham.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:38 - Nov 9 with 8137 viewsSpruceMoose

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:33 - Nov 9 by vilanovablue

Defo filmed in Suffolk.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:58 - Nov 9 with 8128 viewsPhilTWTD

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:03 - Nov 9 by SpruceMoose

"It is the official TWTD TV show of choice."

So much so that my brother-in-law is even in this series, driving a forklift in the background in a scene.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:03 - Nov 9 with 8104 viewsSpruceMoose

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:58 - Nov 9 by PhilTWTD

"It is the official TWTD TV show of choice."

So much so that my brother-in-law is even in this series, driving a forklift in the background in a scene.

Does he live in Sussex?

Login to get fewer ads

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:07 - Nov 9 with 8097 viewsGeoffSentence

I believe that I am correct that the outside bits, in what they refer to as Church Farm, is actually Glemham Hall. Which ,as home of the Cobbold family, should give us all a warm glow of nostalgia.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:18 - Nov 9 with 8071 viewsBent_double

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 13:27 - Nov 9 by Bent_double

Just listened to the podcast, it's the numpty presenter (Nihal) who referred to 'Sussex' instead of 'Suffolk', even though they clearly say at the start of the interview that it's set in Essex but filmed in Suffolk.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:19 - Nov 9 with 8066 viewsgerard1947

Me too, absolutely my favourite series of recent years. Well written and acted, filmed in God's own county, gentle, funny and sometimes profound.

It could be a classic, I can't make in out why it has been hidden away on BBC 4. The best series are often ended leaving us wanting more.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:24 - Nov 9 with 8054 viewsPhilTWTD

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:03 - Nov 9 by SpruceMoose

Does he live in Sussex?

Not unless he's moved in the last couple of days.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 14:41 - Nov 9 with 8025 viewstampa_bay

It's the catalyst for me planning a move home. Well that, Donald Trump, fear of nuclear war, having my family wiped out in a mass shooting etc etc. Makes me very homesick!
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:17 - Nov 9 with 7981 viewsjeera

I watched it in the early hours of this morning.

The calmness was some contrast to a particularly violent episode of Peaky Blinders, ( series 3 repeats atm for anyone interested).

Yep, great show indeed.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:48 - Nov 9 with 7950 viewsconnorscontract

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:17 - Nov 9 by jeera

I watched it in the early hours of this morning.

The calmness was some contrast to a particularly violent episode of Peaky Blinders, ( series 3 repeats atm for anyone interested).

Yep, great show indeed.

Some of the outdoor sequences are amaomgst the slowest paced scenes anyone has ever been brave enough to broadcast.

And I mean that as an absolute compliment.
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:51 - Nov 9 with 7942 viewsvilanovablue

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:48 - Nov 9 by connorscontract

Some of the outdoor sequences are amaomgst the slowest paced scenes anyone has ever been brave enough to broadcast.

They are amongst my favourite bits of TV about! The scene last night where the past came to life was simply mesmerising.

I can't wait for the reappearance of "Simon & Garfunkel".
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 17:02 - Nov 9 with 7865 viewsjeera

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:48 - Nov 9 by connorscontract

Agreed!

I love their meaningless conversations out in the fields.

Superb acting. There's feck-all happening yet I'm smiling anyway.

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 17:15 - Nov 9 with 7841 viewsBurwell_Blue

An awful show for simpletons.

Now 'The Cafe' starring Ralf Little was a beautifully written comedy.

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 17:29 - Nov 9 with 7817 viewsSpruceMoose

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 17:15 - Nov 9 by Burwell_Blue

An awful show for simpletons.

Now 'The Cafe' starring Ralf Little was a beautifully written comedy.

Way to publicly soil yourself, Burwell.

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 19:00 - Nov 9 with 7761 viewsnorth_stand77

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:51 - Nov 9 by vilanovablue

They are amongst my favourite bits of TV about! The scene last night where the past came to life was simply mesmerising.

I can't wait for the reappearance of "Simon & Garfunkel".

Mr Chans restaurant in Framligham was in the background of a scene last night.

Wonderful and simple - which makes it a calming and gentle programme to watch. And it highlights the beautiful Suffolk countryside
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 00:42 - Nov 10 with 7673 viewstampa_bay

A little sad, but interesting nevertheless....

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 01:10 - Nov 10 with 7666 viewsjeera

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 00:42 - Nov 10 by tampa_bay

A little sad, but interesting nevertheless....

Well I think we have a cure for Currie10's condition.

Apart from that, cheers for posting.

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 05:51 - Nov 10 with 7633 viewsBenters

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 19:00 - Nov 9 by north_stand77

Mr Chans restaurant in Framligham was in the background of a scene last night.

Wonderful and simple - which makes it a calming and gentle programme to watch. And it highlights the beautiful Suffolk countryside

Bloody love this show.

Its defo filmed around Fram,the pub they often are in is The Castle.

A nice shot of the one way system in this show and Castle Drive.

See also the last series the gift shop is in the Fram town square.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 09:40 - Nov 10 with 7583 viewsBluespeed225

Last nights office scenes filmed in Endevour House. Liked the Ippo’ reference when they returned the prison ID tag!
No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 15:22 - Nov 10 with 7516 viewsBenters

No mention of The Detectorists on here? on 09:40 - Nov 10 by Bluespeed225

Last nights office scenes filmed in Endevour House. Liked the Ippo’ reference when they returned the prison ID tag!

Ha! She thought he was working overseas !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024