Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players 19:54 - Dec 5 with 7315 viewsIllinoisblue

have done similar? Warky - although I didn't buy that one as he was in a Liverpool kit on the cover. Butcher did, although I can't recall what it was called. Brazil did, and if you like 200+ pages of poorly written drivel about getting drunk with Mike Parry, get it on your xmas list right now.

Any others?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:03 - Dec 5 with 5721 viewsPJH

The Beat-and the title was,by coincidence,"The Beat".
The great man also had "The Kevin Beattie Story(The Greatest Footballer England Never Had)"written about him.

Terry Butcher's book is "Both Sides Of The Border".

Warky's was "Wark On"-it did have him in ITFC kit on the back cover.

I always thought Mick Mills should have written a book because he had quite a career.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 5700 viewsFtnfwest

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:03 - Dec 5 by PJH

The Beat-and the title was,by coincidence,"The Beat".
The great man also had "The Kevin Beattie Story(The Greatest Footballer England Never Had)"written about him.

Terry Butcher's book is "Both Sides Of The Border".

Warky's was "Wark On"-it did have him in ITFC kit on the back cover.

I always thought Mick Mills should have written a book because he had quite a career.

My copy of ‘Wark on’ has him in town kit on the front with Liverpool on the back. Just as well because he signed it on the inside front as well
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 5693 viewsRocky

Ray Crawford "Jungle Boy"
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:14 - Dec 5 with 5684 viewsitfcjoe

Both Warky and Butcher have dual covers - 1 with ITFC and one with Liverpool/Rangers, both are worth a read

Edit - Wilnis has one that isn’t the best, Butcher has 2 as does Brazil, Holland did a year diary that I never read as it has a typo on first page where it says play off Final was 4-1
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 20:17]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 5676 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:09 - Dec 5 by Ftnfwest

My copy of ‘Wark on’ has him in town kit on the front with Liverpool on the back. Just as well because he signed it on the inside front as well

I am not sure which way around the cover photos are because I loaned the book to my son and have not yet got it back, thanks for reminding me.

I have got Warky's signature on my 1978 Cup Final programme-twice in fact.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 5668 viewsstickymockwell

Tony Dinning - Dinning for 12 guests on a budget

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:16 - Dec 5 with 5667 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:11 - Dec 5 by Rocky

Ray Crawford "Jungle Boy"

"Curse Of The Jungle Boy" to be exact-how did I forget that one.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:19 - Dec 5 with 5657 viewsPJH

The best of the various Sir Bobby Robson autobiographies from an ITFC point of view is "Time On The Grass"-written in 1982.
Login to get fewer ads

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:21 - Dec 5 with 5653 viewsPJH

Phil Ham wrote a book too!!!!
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:23 - Dec 5 with 5646 viewsRocky

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:16 - Dec 5 by PJH

"Curse Of The Jungle Boy" to be exact-how did I forget that one.

Shame Ted Phillips hadsn't committed his memories in writing, as far as I know. T'would be a cracking read.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:26 - Dec 5 with 5639 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:23 - Dec 5 by Rocky

Shame Ted Phillips hadsn't committed his memories in writing, as far as I know. T'would be a cracking read.

Wouldn't it just.
I imagine some long retired gamekeepers might take an interest in it-allegedly.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:27 - Dec 5 with 5629 viewsIllinoisblue

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:21 - Dec 5 by PJH

Phil Ham wrote a book too!!!!

he did indeed. Sitting in a box in the loft at my mum's house.

62 - 78 - 81

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 5621 viewsIllinoisblue

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:14 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Both Warky and Butcher have dual covers - 1 with ITFC and one with Liverpool/Rangers, both are worth a read

Edit - Wilnis has one that isn’t the best, Butcher has 2 as does Brazil, Holland did a year diary that I never read as it has a typo on first page where it says play off Final was 4-1
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 20:17]

with you on the typo thing; if they can't be bothered to get that right, feck 'em

62 - 78 - 81

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 5616 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:27 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

No it isn't-it is on the bookshelf in one of our rooms.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players (n/t) on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 5604 viewsfarkenhell

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:27 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

Strange place to write a book?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 20:35]
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:38 - Dec 5 with 5576 viewsmonty_radio

I can think of one or two who've run a book,

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 5557 viewsBluefish

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:28 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

with you on the typo thing; if they can't be bothered to get that right, feck 'em

The Willis book is full of typos but inlove it becuae I have signed copy.. ........as I expect has everyone that bought it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 5554 viewsIllinoisblue

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:29 - Dec 5 by PJH

No it isn't-it is on the bookshelf in one of our rooms.

wait, there was more than one copy?

62 - 78 - 81

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:47 - Dec 5 with 5547 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:46 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

wait, there was more than one copy?

Looks like it, looks like he sold both of them.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:33 - Dec 5 with 5467 viewssolemio

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 20:26 - Dec 5 by PJH

Wouldn't it just.
I imagine some long retired gamekeepers might take an interest in it-allegedly.

Some long-retired goalkeepers might prefer to avoid Ted Phillips's book.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:39 - Dec 5 with 5456 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:33 - Dec 5 by solemio

Some long-retired goalkeepers might prefer to avoid Ted Phillips's book.

Yes, I imagine that several would not have been too keen on getting anything in the way of his shots.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:45 - Dec 5 with 5447 viewssolemio

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:39 - Dec 5 by PJH

Yes, I imagine that several would not have been too keen on getting anything in the way of his shots.

Yes, PJH. I've said on here before that a former senior colleague of mine was in goal for Harwich and Parkeston in a pre-season friendly against Ipswich. Ted took a penalty. My colleague swears he didn't see the ball on its way to the net, and that they had to get the net repaired or replaced after the game.

He was certainly glad he didn't get anything in the way of that penalty!
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:50 - Dec 5 with 5435 viewsITFC_Forever

No mention so far of Frans & Arnold...

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:51 - Dec 5 with 5434 viewsPJH

With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:45 - Dec 5 by solemio

Yes, PJH. I've said on here before that a former senior colleague of mine was in goal for Harwich and Parkeston in a pre-season friendly against Ipswich. Ted took a penalty. My colleague swears he didn't see the ball on its way to the net, and that they had to get the net repaired or replaced after the game.

He was certainly glad he didn't get anything in the way of that penalty!

From my now distant memory there was a sort of sense of anticipation in the crowd at PR when Ted had the ball at his feet from anything from 35 yards in, I am not sure anticipation would be what the goalkeeper was feeling though.
With Dyer having a book coming out, how many other Town players on 21:55 - Dec 5 with 5419 viewsSuperfrans

As well as the ones mentioned, there are several Sir Alf biographies (no autobiographies, that I am aware of), the best ones by Leo McKistry and David Bowler.

There is also a biog of John Cobbold called Mr John by Mel Henderson and another about the Cobbold family called Football Gentry by Brian Scovell. And The Fabulous Baker Boys about Gerry Baker.

The Butcher one I have is called Both Sides Of The Border.

I’ve got 6 Robson biogs - Time On The Grass, World Cup Diary 1982-86, An Englishman Abroad, Against The Odds, Farewell But Not Goodbye and Living The Game. There may even be more...

And, of course, there is the Roy Keane autobiog The Second Half which covers his time at PR.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 21:57]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024