Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Burley interview: 16:16 - Dec 4 with 3557 viewsHeathlander

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/story-george-burley-remarkable-ipswich-te

It's from January but only just come across this. Thought it may interest one or two of you.
Heathy
George Burley interview: on 18:04 - Dec 4 with 3408 viewsHerbivore

Even though I know it would be a disaster a small part of me wants him back after reading that. Love that man.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

George Burley interview: on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 3379 viewsLuk38644

Would love to have him in the current setup somehow, whether it be as a youth coach or director of football, feel like we're missing out!
George Burley interview: on 18:24 - Dec 4 with 3369 viewsCoco

George Burley interview: on 18:04 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Even though I know it would be a disaster a small part of me wants him back after reading that. Love that man.

Why on earth would it be a disaster?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

George Burley interview: on 18:25 - Dec 4 with 3364 viewsHerbivore

George Burley interview: on 18:24 - Dec 4 by Coco

Why on earth would it be a disaster?

He's been out of the game 5 years, the latter part of his career was characterised by more failure than success. I can't see it ending well, it'd be like deciding to appoint Curbishley.

on 07:52 - Dec 5 with 3110 views_

George Burley interview: on 18:25 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

He's been out of the game 5 years, the latter part of his career was characterised by more failure than success. I can't see it ending well, it'd be like deciding to appoint Curbishley.

George Burley interview: on 08:00 - Dec 5 with 3093 viewschristiand

George Burley interview: on 18:25 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Also, I think with the appointment of Burley that would have a knock on effect with regards to the home attendances. George Burley equates to good football and he is Ipswich Town through and through. Stay away fans, like myself, would buy into that. Whether he is currently in the game or has been out of it for a while, how to play and coach good football is never forgotten.

There are not many managers that can say they haven't had at least one difficult managerial appointment. On the whole, Burley has been pretty successful wherever he has been apart from the odd blemish.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

George Burley interview: on 13:17 - Dec 5 with 2949 viewsbenno1uk

I was calling for Burley to be appointed before MM got the job.

I was told by a number of posters that he had a serious drink problem.
George Burley interview: on 14:12 - Dec 5 with 2879 viewsBlueinBrum

Thanks a lot for this, very good.

In the George Burley debutant team, do you think they have mistaken W.Brown to be Wes rather than Wayne?!
Login to get fewer ads

George Burley interview: on 14:33 - Dec 5 with 2861 viewshype313

George Burley interview: on 13:17 - Dec 5 by benno1uk

I was calling for Burley to be appointed before MM got the job.

I was told by a number of posters that he had a serious drink problem.

Everytime I've seen him it's always been in drinking establishments, so does that mean I have a drink problem?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

George Burley interview: on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 2816 viewsSpruceMoose

George Burley interview: on 14:33 - Dec 5 by hype313

Everytime I've seen him it's always been in drinking establishments, so does that mean I have a drink problem?

It only becomes a problem when you can no longer afford it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

George Burley interview: on 16:20 - Dec 5 with 2767 viewsHerbivore

on 07:52 - Dec 5 by _

Palace. His last successful club role ended in 2008, nearly a decade ago. I just find it a bit odd that some of the most vocal Dino Mick brigade (not you) who claim that the game has left him behind would be happy to appoint Burley. He's the best part of a decade removed from club management at this level, if our current manager - who has spent about a year out of the game in the past 35 years - is considered out of touch then it staggers me that they think someone who has barely managed in such a significant length of time would be a good appointment. Sentiment aside, Burley would be a poor appointment.

George Burley interview: on 16:27 - Dec 5 with 2749 viewsmonty_radio

What an amazing 11 that is that he has given debuts to. I doubt Wayne Brown has played in any side resembling that one though!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024