Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it 04:34 - Dec 12 with 4117 viewsIllinoisblue

Debt increase - check
ST sales down - check
Milne saying Evans is really involved - check
Grumbles from the floor about catering/travel club etc - check
Meeting adjourned

The biggest question of all - what is Evans going to do to turnaround a decade of failure - is never addressed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:20 - Dec 12 with 4067 viewsReuser_is_God

We all know what his plan is, he’s just waiting for a miracle from Mick again.

Which probably isn’t going to happen.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:31 - Dec 12 with 4061 viewsNo9

In most industries, with recurring losses, the MD would be sacked.
At ITFC the MD's job seems the most secure.
Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:31 - Dec 12 with 4059 viewsReuser_is_God

‘Look after the pennies & the pounds will take care of themselves’

Jesus wept, my grandad used to say that when he gave me 20p FFS.

Evans out

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:42 - Dec 12 with 4039 viewsReuser_is_God

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:31 - Dec 12 by No9

In fairness to Milne he’s just a glorified spokesperson.

Evans out

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 07:08 - Dec 12 with 4022 viewsBluefish

If we were in any other industry we would have been wound up long ago. Instead people moan daily becuae the owner doesn't lose enough money

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 07:34 - Dec 12 with 3980 viewsSaleAway

So would you prefer that we sold the good players that we have, invest at a level commensurate with our income, and stop losing money?

Most on here would prefer we went the other way. There are a number of problems at this club, but complaining that the club is not profitable is a strange one to highlight.

If the club made 20 million quid a year, I have a strong feeling a few people would be asking why that money wasn't being invested in the playing squad.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:35 - Dec 12 with 3889 viewsKieran_Knows

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:20 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

We all know what his plan is, he’s just waiting for a miracle from Mick again.

Which probably isn’t going to happen.

In other news, water is wet.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:43 - Dec 12 with 3886 viewsfactual_blue

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:42 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

In fairness to Milne he’s just a glorified spokesperson.

That he didn't resign over the seniors' ST price increase (which he is on record as disagreeing with) tells you all you need to know.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:52 - Dec 12 with 3871 viewshype313

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:43 - Dec 12 by factual_blue

That he didn't resign over the seniors' ST price increase (which he is on record as disagreeing with) tells you all you need to know.

Indeed, although why would you resign from a job paying probably 6 figures, when you have no real accountability, he's the Arsene Wenger of Directors.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:56 - Dec 12 with 3864 viewsfactual_blue

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:52 - Dec 12 by hype313

Indeed, although why would you resign from a job paying probably 6 figures, when you have no real accountability, he's the Arsene Wenger of Directors.

His job is as a lawyer for ME. The MD at Town has, I imagine, just been added on. In other words, he can't resign from the Town job without losing his proper job.

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:57 - Dec 12 with 3854 viewsCotty

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 07:08 - Dec 12 by Bluefish

If we were in any other industry we would have been wound up long ago. Instead people moan daily becuae the owner doesn't lose enough money

Confused morning brain.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 9:01]
Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 3853 viewsReuser_is_God

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:56 - Dec 12 by factual_blue

His job is as a lawyer for ME. The MD at Town has, I imagine, just been added on. In other words, he can't resign from the Town job without losing his proper job.

The ‘getting in line with other clubs’ really winds me up.

Why not be that club that does things differently? They tried getting a few more K out the fans & they ended up losing money. A massive own goal by the club.

Let’s hope they reverse the decision when they release ST’s next season.

Evans out

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 3846 viewsjeera

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 06:31 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

‘Look after the pennies & the pounds will take care of themselves’

Jesus wept, my grandad used to say that when he gave me 20p FFS.

And, was he right? Did you invest it wisely?

Are you now a multimillionaire?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:00 - Dec 12 with 3845 viewsKieran_Knows

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:58 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

Why not be that club that does things differently? They tried getting a few more K out the fans & they ended up losing money. A massive own goal by the club.

I get the 'getting in line with other clubs' line, what I don't get, is why did they do it to existing over 60 ST holders? Let them stay as they were, and any new fans would get the reduced rate at 65+.

It's not ideal, but it probably wouldn't have been a massive issue if they had done it like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:01 - Dec 12 with 3835 viewsReuser_is_God

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:57 - Dec 12 by Cotty

Confused morning brain.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 9:01]

Well he’s not is he?

Obviously he spends a lot but it’s not enough to get us competing properly up the top end of the table on a regular basis.

I don’t blame him for not spending that money (it’s his money, up to him how it’s spent) but his current investment level doesn’t give us a realistic shot at going up.

Evans out

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:03 - Dec 12 with 3824 viewsReuser_is_God

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:00 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I get the 'getting in line with other clubs' line, what I don't get, is why did they do it to existing over 60 ST holders? Let them stay as they were, and any new fans would get the reduced rate at 65+.

It's not ideal, but it probably wouldn't have been a massive issue if they had done it like that.

Yeah, that would’ve been the sensible thing to do.

Evans out

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 3825 viewsfactual_blue

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 08:58 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

I have no problem with the notion of changing the age qualification. It's how they did it.

Just giving 'transitional protection' to the 800 or so ST holders in the 60-64 age range until they all reached 65 would have been simpler and fairer.

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:23 - Dec 12 with 3791 viewsHerbivore

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:06 - Dec 12 by factual_blue

I have no problem with the notion of changing the age qualification. It's how they did it.

Just giving 'transitional protection' to the 800 or so ST holders in the 60-64 age range until they all reached 65 would have been simpler and fairer.

Yep, that for me was the own goal. Protect those fans who were already over 60 and paying the concession rate, use the new age limit for any new ST holders and those under 60 will just have to wait a bit longer until they get a concession. Making over 60s start paying significantly more than they had been paying for their tickets is never going to end well, I don't think anyone is ever going to be in favour of that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 3793 viewsSWGF

We're ‘getting in line with other clubs’ when it comes to putting up the age of the senior concessions but not ‘getting in line with other clubs’ when it comes to properly backing the manager in terms of transfer funds.

Funny that.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:51 - Dec 12 with 3742 viewsfactual_blue

Every AGM report has a groundhog day feel to it on 09:23 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Yep, that for me was the own goal. Protect those fans who were already over 60 and paying the concession rate, use the new age limit for any new ST holders and those under 60 will just have to wait a bit longer until they get a concession. Making over 60s start paying significantly more than they had been paying for their tickets is never going to end well, I don't think anyone is ever going to be in favour of that.

And I haven't missing going, so they've probably lost me permanently as a customer.

If you do genuinely read this site Mr Milne, you can find a way to get in touch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024