Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 18:27 - Mar 14 with 4833 viewsReusersTown

I'm not pro Marcus Evans as such. But I can't really get behind those claiming he's killing the club. In reality he is keeping us afloat but just isn't spending as much as people want!. Those wanting him to sell up don't really seem to grasp the reality that it isn't that simple and just want a direction to moan in, It seems to me that peoples real problem is with modern football but are only able to vent that frustration on McCarthy and Evans
Evans on 18:39 - Mar 14 with 4788 viewswkj

For me spending is secondary - He's made some really poor appointment.

1. Clegg and Milne have frustrated supporters more than they have serviced the club

2. The appointment of RK and PJ was pretty erratic and really didnt help the club achieve its ambition

3. The season ticket renewal plans for last year was really insulting considering we were on course for the worst finish in recent history, scrapping the senior rate, or rather raising it did nothing but turn away a number of long term supporter, this coming from the man who built his empire on tickets no less

4. Then the point about investment comes in- had Evans bought in a sensible established managerial appointment when RK got the job, and gave the manager the same backing RK and PJ had, you cant help but think we'd not have wasted a lot of money on a bunch of poor players.

ME doesn't know how to run a football club, and he only has himself to blame for never hiring anyone who does know how to manage one (backroom management)

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans on 18:47 - Mar 14 with 4771 viewsRegencyBlue

No.

Looking at the ten years of his ownership there have been poor decisions on everything from the Academy to ticket pricing before you even start to look at his investment levels!

His regime is slowly killing our club and that is the reality of the situation.
Evans on 19:11 - Mar 14 with 4744 viewsGuthrum

It is, in part, a problem with modern football.

But that is the environment ITFC has to operate in. There is an issue with Evans not appearing (by word or actions*) to acknowlege and deal with that problem.

* Altho, to be fair, the club has voted against all the most egregious measures people have tried to bring in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 4677 viewsNo9

Evans on 18:47 - Mar 14 by RegencyBlue

No.

Looking at the ten years of his ownership there have been poor decisions on everything from the Academy to ticket pricing before you even start to look at his investment levels!

His regime is slowly killing our club and that is the reality of the situation.

& you would have thought his plant - Mr Milne, would have been aware of the local feelings & would have warned him - at least about the ticketing issue?
Evans on 20:31 - Mar 14 with 4669 viewslongtimefan

Evans on 20:29 - Mar 14 by No9

& you would have thought his plant - Mr Milne, would have been aware of the local feelings & would have warned him - at least about the ticketing issue?

He did, he was overruled.
Evans on 20:34 - Mar 14 with 4663 viewsLord_Lucan

Milne told Evans point blank that the ST issue was bad but was overruled and then had to toe the party line.

Definite info.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans on 20:35 - Mar 14 with 4654 viewsDyland

Patsy probably a better description for Milne than a plant.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evans on 06:19 - Mar 15 with 4557 viewsbrogansnose

Evans on 19:11 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

It is, in part, a problem with modern football.

But that is the environment ITFC has to operate in. There is an issue with Evans not appearing (by word or actions*) to acknowlege and deal with that problem.

* Altho, to be fair, the club has voted against all the most egregious measures people have tried to bring in.

I agree that the footballing landscape has changed during the Evans era but a lot of things, such as the toothlessness of FFP, could have been forseen or at least a plan B could have been formulated. In a nutshell, Evans has needed someone looking over the club who actually knows the 'football business' who could at least mitigated against some of the issues that have happened over the last ten years.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 09:11 - Mar 15 with 4467 viewsSwansea_Blue

Worse decade in our post-war history
Terrible appointments (Clegg, Keane, PJ)
No communication
History of poor PR with fans
Allegedly staff not treated with respect (not just from that one report, but there's been stuff pop up on here every so often since he bought us

I'd say that makes his time with us largely a failure.

His main redeeming feature is his patience, but then that can be a double edge sword as we've been crying out for change for a while.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans on 09:24 - Mar 15 with 4456 viewsbraveblue

Worst finish in decades
Crowds plummeting
STs not renewing
Playing standard awful
Manager slagging off fans

didn't he do well!!
Evans on 11:31 - Mar 15 with 4399 viewsWestSussexBlue

Evans on 18:39 - Mar 14 by wkj

For me spending is secondary - He's made some really poor appointment.

1. Clegg and Milne have frustrated supporters more than they have serviced the club

2. The appointment of RK and PJ was pretty erratic and really didnt help the club achieve its ambition

3. The season ticket renewal plans for last year was really insulting considering we were on course for the worst finish in recent history, scrapping the senior rate, or rather raising it did nothing but turn away a number of long term supporter, this coming from the man who built his empire on tickets no less

4. Then the point about investment comes in- had Evans bought in a sensible established managerial appointment when RK got the job, and gave the manager the same backing RK and PJ had, you cant help but think we'd not have wasted a lot of money on a bunch of poor players.

ME doesn't know how to run a football club, and he only has himself to blame for never hiring anyone who does know how to manage one (backroom management)

Just a thought would Evans consider a Director of football and then perhaps a lower league manager or a Mowbray, Perhaps Burley as DOF and a management team of Mowbray/ Klug ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 11:32]
Evans on 11:36 - Mar 15 with 4391 viewsKieran_Knows

That's not the point though. I appreciate he keeps us afloat, it's his (apparent) blindness to all things MM that is killing the club. How on earth can he not see that this situation is getting worse, week after week?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 11:36]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Evans on 11:36 - Mar 15 with 4389 viewswkj

Evans on 11:31 - Mar 15 by WestSussexBlue

Just a thought would Evans consider a Director of football and then perhaps a lower league manager or a Mowbray, Perhaps Burley as DOF and a management team of Mowbray/ Klug ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 11:32]

That isn't a bad proposal though I would be more interested in the scouting system being improved- no idea if that would be part of having a DOF come in or not

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans on 12:49 - Mar 15 with 4348 viewsmaccyd9

I don't think he deserves any credit for keeping us afloat each season.

He brought the club thinking he could profit significantly from it. For no other reason. No love for the club or even the sport, just sheer greed to make money from a quick promotion.

So forgive me for not cheering from the rafters that he has to put money in to something that he has failed to make work for his own benefit.

If he could bin off the club tomorrow he would.
Evans on 12:51 - Mar 15 with 4340 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans on 12:49 - Mar 15 by maccyd9

He brought the club thinking he could profit significantly from it. For no other reason. No love for the club or even the sport, just sheer greed to make money from a quick promotion.

So forgive me for not cheering from the rafters that he has to put money in to something that he has failed to make work for his own benefit.

Agreed.

It’s like buying a house & paying the mortgage on it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Evans on 12:55 - Mar 15 with 4327 viewsmaccyd9

Evans on 12:51 - Mar 15 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed.

It’s like buying a house & paying the mortgage on it.

Exactly.

Can't stand the arrogance of the man. 1 interview in 10 years, giving up after 3 years and doing absolutely nothing to try and get the fans on side. The club is a mess.

Lack of investment in the team, academy failed to get Cat 1, falling ST numbers, probably zero match day ticket sales, catering abysmal, dirty stadium, awful playing surface, the manager and the fans hate each other....and...Milne.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 12:56]
Evans on 13:48 - Mar 15 with 4253 viewsTheBlueBarca

Evans on 12:49 - Mar 15 by maccyd9

It's just loss management now, no aspiration to do anything else. I am more shocked anyone still has any time for the owner, as you say he bought the club to make money, he has no affinity to it, he supports Chelsea, he's from London - now it cannot make that sort of money without investing significantly more money he's cutting back as much as he can with all the enthusiasm of a Tory cabinet minister to ensure it costs him as little as he can get away with.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Evans on 14:06 - Mar 15 with 4224 viewslongtimefan

Evans on 12:55 - Mar 15 by maccyd9

Exactly.

Can't stand the arrogance of the man. 1 interview in 10 years, giving up after 3 years and doing absolutely nothing to try and get the fans on side. The club is a mess.

Lack of investment in the team, academy failed to get Cat 1, falling ST numbers, probably zero match day ticket sales, catering abysmal, dirty stadium, awful playing surface, the manager and the fans hate each other....and...Milne.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 12:56]

Where do you get zero match day tickets from? If you take Tuesday as an example when there were by most admissions about 10k in the stadium, as the attendance was announced as 13k, with 10k season ticket holders counted, there must have been 3k non- season ticket holders present. Probably paying more than a season ticket holder would. Given we’re still averaging around 15k (haven’t checked that number recently), I wouldn’t be surprised if overall the gate receipts aren’t much different to last year as on average we actually have a larger percentage paying match day prices.
Evans on 14:08 - Mar 15 with 4216 viewsFrimleyBlue

Evans on 14:06 - Mar 15 by longtimefan

Where do you get zero match day tickets from? If you take Tuesday as an example when there were by most admissions about 10k in the stadium, as the attendance was announced as 13k, with 10k season ticket holders counted, there must have been 3k non- season ticket holders present. Probably paying more than a season ticket holder would. Given we’re still averaging around 15k (haven’t checked that number recently), I wouldn’t be surprised if overall the gate receipts aren’t much different to last year as on average we actually have a larger percentage paying match day prices.

Didn't someone say there were only 11k there tuesday

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

on 14:09 - Mar 15 with 4214 views_

Evans on 14:08 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

Didn't someone say there were only 11k there tuesday

Evans on 14:17 - Mar 15 with 4195 viewslongtimefan

on 14:09 - Mar 15 by _

Official attendance reported was 13k. Probably actually between 10 and 11 actually in the ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024