Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comrade Corbyn at it again 08:06 - Mar 15 with 12364 viewsartsbossbeard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-43410824

Scroll down to The Sun's front page offering.

Fancying needing actual evidence to form a decision on things, it's 2018 for Gods sake, all you really need is a pitchfork.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:17 - Mar 15 with 5048 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm not sure the Sun subscribes to that view given their track record

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:31 - Mar 15 with 5017 viewsBlueBadger

Oh man, imagine thinking Russian dissidents and enemies of Putin were murdered by Russian agents on the basis that they were killed using nerve agents manufactured in Russia.

That said, a cack-handed parliamentary statement is considerably less evidence of collaboration with foreign powers with iffy agendas than say, being owned by a dodgy billionaire seeking to push his nasty little agenda, say.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 9:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:33 - Mar 15 with 5014 viewsBloomBlue

We have the evidence but Corbyn would rather trust Russia more than he does the British people who are telling him. That's typical Corbyn.
He even tried to claim (with no eveidence) that lack of funding by the Gov was part of the cause .

One step forward two steps back by Corbyn

I guess if MI6 was nationalized he would believe them
Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:36 - Mar 15 with 5000 viewsBlueBadger

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:33 - Mar 15 by BloomBlue

We have the evidence but Corbyn would rather trust Russia more than he does the British people who are telling him. That's typical Corbyn.
He even tried to claim (with no eveidence) that lack of funding by the Gov was part of the cause .

So, which private company owns and runs MI6?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:36 - Mar 15 with 4998 viewsGlasgowBlue

He went beyond doubting the evidence provided to the house. For the second time this week he used a chemical attack on British soil to try and score a couple of cheap political points. He made the worst Prime Minister in living memory look like a Stateswoman.

His back benchers are against him

His Shadow Foreign Secretary is contradicting him and showing far more backbone than he is

His Shadow Defence Secretary

Even the Greens Caroline Lucas is supporting the UK Government on this and I don't believe she did over Iraq.

Nicola Sturgeon

And when you lose the Guardian, just think about that, the Guardian FFS

You can conclude that the evidence provided by the security services is sound enough to satisfy a broad coalition of all sides in the house.

Still, at least he has Galloway and Ken Livingstone in his corner.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 8:50]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:37 - Mar 15 with 4992 viewsartsbossbeard

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:31 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

Oh man, imagine thinking Russian dissidents and enemies of Putin were murdered by Russian agents on the basis that they were killed using nerve agents manufactured in Russia.

That said, a cack-handed parliamentary statement is considerably less evidence of collaboration with foreign powers with iffy agendas than say, being owned by a dodgy billionaire seeking to push his nasty little agenda, say.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 9:56]

I know, right?

Corbyn is playing dirty though by actually wanting to get OPCW involved to verify matters and thus provide unequivocal evidence that it is those nasty reds before taking diplomatic action.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:39 - Mar 15 with 4979 viewsBlueBadger

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:37 - Mar 15 by artsbossbeard

I know, right?

Corbyn is playing dirty though by actually wanting to get OPCW involved to verify matters and thus provide unequivocal evidence that it is those nasty reds before taking diplomatic action.

I don't think it's even that sophisticated, it's a cack-handed excuse for a pointless go at Blair rather than actually addressing the issue at hand.

Frankly, if someone had attempted to make the same point on here, rather than parliament they'd have been roundly(and rightly) mocked to high heaven.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 8:42]

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:40 - Mar 15 with 4974 viewsartsbossbeard

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:36 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

He went beyond doubting the evidence provided to the house. For the second time this week he used a chemical attack on British soil to try and score a couple of cheap political points. He made the worst Prime Minister in living memory look like a Stateswoman.

His Shadow Foreign Secretary is contradicting him and showing far more backbone than he is

Even the Greens Caroline Lucas is supporting the UK Government on this and I don't believe she did over Iraq.

Nicola Sturgeon

You can conclude that the evidence provided by the security services is sound enough to satisfy a broad coalition of all sides in the house.

'Even the Greens Caroline Lucas is standing up for the UK'

It takes some doing, but that is the most pompous line you've ever written in your TWTD's history. Congratulations, Sir.

Login to get fewer ads

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:42 - Mar 15 with 4965 viewsartsbossbeard

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:39 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

I don't think it's even that sophisticated, it's a cack-handed excuse for a pointless go at Blair rather than actually addressing the issue at hand.

Frankly, if someone had attempted to make the same point on here, rather than parliament they'd have been roundly(and rightly) mocked to high heaven.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 8:42]

Blair with no evidence V Corbyn asking for evidence.

You can't do right for wrong.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:43 - Mar 15 with 4954 viewsBlueBadger

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:42 - Mar 15 by artsbossbeard

Ironically enough, the evidence here is actually considerably stronger than what we had for Iraq.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:47 - Mar 15 with 4934 viewschicoazul

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:33 - Mar 15 by BloomBlue

"I guess if MI6 was nationalized he would believe them"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:49 - Mar 15 with 4917 viewsGlasgowBlue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:42 - Mar 15 by artsbossbeard

Instead of nit picking about a poor choice of words made when speaking about Caroline Lucas, perhaps you will address the point made that just about everyone other than George Galloway and Ken Livingstone have concluded that the government did provide sufficient evidence.

Iron Lion Zion

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:51 - Mar 15 with 4908 viewsSteve_M

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:43 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

Ironically enough, the evidence here is actually considerably stronger than what we had for Iraq.

Well quite, there are enormous and fundamental differences between the two cases.

And Freedman is someone who knows what he's talking about, one of the most interesting people I follow on Twitter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:54 - Mar 15 with 4892 viewsNo9

Nicola Sturgeon

Sorry pal, I think the real veriosn of what happened in the chamber yesterday is much better than your version.
Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:55 - Mar 15 with 4884 viewsartsbossbeard

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:49 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Instead of nit picking about a poor choice of words made when speaking about Caroline Lucas, perhaps you will address the point made that just about everyone other than George Galloway and Ken Livingstone have concluded that the government did provide sufficient evidence.

OPCW are the gold standard of all things chemical warfare, let's get their view before we start hurling people out of the country.

Let's be honest, we all know the score here, however, what's wrong with getting things shipshape and correct prior to further action?

When it does land in Putin's court, we've got him by the short & curlies surely?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:56 - Mar 15 with 4884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:36 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

So, which private company owns and runs MI6?

Spies R Us innit!

TWTD delivers again. That traitor commie Corby would nationalise the government if he could!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:58 - Mar 15 with 4871 viewsSwansea_Blue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:51 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Well quite, there are enormous and fundamental differences between the two cases.

And Freedman is someone who knows what he's talking about, one of the most interesting people I follow on Twitter.

That sounds like one of the more sensible approaches I've seen suggested.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 8:58]

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:59 - Mar 15 with 4861 viewsGlasgowBlue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:54 - Mar 15 by No9

Sorry pal, I think the real veriosn of what happened in the chamber yesterday is much better than your version.

I see. So his backbenchers haven't turned on him? His Shadow Foreign Secretary and Shadow Defence Secretary haven't contradicted him? The Guardian editorial haven't supported May over Corbyn in this instance? And two other opposition leaders, in Lucas and Sturgeon, haven't supported the government's position and concluded there is enough evidence to point the finger at Russia?

OK I must have made it all up.

Iron Lion Zion

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:00 - Mar 15 with 4851 viewsBloomBlue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:58 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

That sounds like one of the more sensible approaches I've seen suggested.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 8:58]

Yvette Cooper was brilliant yesterday possibly the next Labour leader.
Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:02 - Mar 15 with 4838 viewsNo9

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:49 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

" the government did provide sufficient evidence"
NOT according to late night media - after the comics went to press
Apparently the government have not abided by international law in terms of time frame & have not yet - alleged
& have not provided any evidence including the basic chemical footprint - alleged
The government have said they will now submit this to the OPCW
Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:03 - Mar 15 with 4838 viewschicoazul

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:59 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I see. So his backbenchers haven't turned on him? His Shadow Foreign Secretary and Shadow Defence Secretary haven't contradicted him? The Guardian editorial haven't supported May over Corbyn in this instance? And two other opposition leaders, in Lucas and Sturgeon, haven't supported the government's position and concluded there is enough evidence to point the finger at Russia?

you have to remember who you are talking to. He'll be lecturing us all about Russian money in London next and how that is all George Osborbne's fault.

Back to the OP though, anyone taking a bit of time to sift through the available evidence - and we have seen from this thread alone plenty of people in Parliament have - would see there is no need to look for some sort of third party adjudication on this matter. Corbyn & Milne's hate for Blair has leaked through once again. They really are going to screw this country up when they win in 4 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:05 - Mar 15 with 4832 viewschicoazul

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:02 - Mar 15 by No9

" the government did provide sufficient evidence"
NOT according to late night media - after the comics went to press
Apparently the government have not abided by international law in terms of time frame & have not yet - alleged
& have not provided any evidence including the basic chemical footprint - alleged
The government have said they will now submit this to the OPCW

The Russians havent abided by international law either because they killed someone on British soil with a nerve agent. Or did you not notice?

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:05 - Mar 15 with 4833 viewsSwansea_Blue

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:00 - Mar 15 by BloomBlue

Yvette Cooper was brilliant yesterday possibly the next Labour leader.

Couldn't do worse than Cult Corbyn. The trouble is the members don't seem to think so - didn't she do pretty badly in the leadership election?

She'd be more of a unifying force with the public though I suspect - which should be the main thing. Labour members and the unions have never been good at thinking what might be best for the party or country though.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 4825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nicola Sturgeon

I bet you've had that post locked and loaded ready to go !
Anyway, to the point ....... clearly
a) Only Russia would be capable of making this stuff.
b) The victim is clearly a man of honour who will have upset/double crossed nobody but Putin/Russia.
c) All other states only fight cleanly!
d) Uk politicians just acting to protocol and meekly nodding along to further the goodies and baddies narrative always has the best outcome.
e)There is NO DOUBT that Russia/Russians are heading the betting field (at least even money). However to urge caution, rather than jump on a bandwagon to satisfy the media driven demand to be 'seen to be doing something', is arguably more statespersonlike.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 4826 viewsNo9

Comrade Corbyn at it again on 08:59 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I listened to late night boradcasting and the stuff on there doesn't sit very well with your version I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024