Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. 23:23 - Mar 17 with 5502 viewsITFC_Forever

...some people.

Is that really how low our standards our now? To avoid relegation to the third tier. FFS. That’s a pathetic lack of ambition.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 23:28 - Mar 17 with 4992 viewsITFCBlues

It is - but when you’ve got one of the smallest budgets in the league, what would you expect?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 23:39 - Mar 17 with 4968 viewsBackToRussia

Yes, that's the only way to really be OK with any of this.

If you are not against ME your head is gone.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:00 - Mar 18 with 4939 viewsCoastalblue

Is there not an argument that ME will fund what is required to maintain the Status Quo, and while he will give Mick peanuts to achieve this he might stump up cashews for someone else, playing nicer football, but perhaps needing slighly more resources to achieve the same ends?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:14 - Mar 18 with 4910 viewsHARRY10

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:00 - Mar 18 by Coastalblue

Is there not an argument that ME will fund what is required to maintain the Status Quo, and while he will give Mick peanuts to achieve this he might stump up cashews for someone else, playing nicer football, but perhaps needing slighly more resources to achieve the same ends?

I think that we have slipped so far that it would take more than the boost of a few million t be anywhere near the playoffs.

I can't see us having anyone that would fetch a few million to help either. Bart looks like he might just walk away, with his agent letting clubs know that they can save on a transfer fee - if the see him and Bart 'ok'.

The Cat 1 academy has long been forgotten, and the drop in ST sales and casual tickets is sure to impact on next season's budget, if it the former just stay as they are presently.

The irony is if we were struggling in L1 there is enough goodwill to have supporters step up and help the club with so much work being down by volunteers. It might hurt our pride but at the cost of getting our club back, having supporters genuinely involved and a young management team (coaches etc) taking is back to our 'roots' so to speak, I think the attendances would pick up.

At the moment we are barely treading water whilst all around falls apart - and we can't or arne't allowed to do anything about it. Look at the journeys AFC Wimbledon and Brighton have been on. Journeys led by their supporters.

It's time we had the opportunity to take back our club and rebuilt.
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 01:20 - Mar 18 with 4859 viewsRyorry

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:14 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

I think that we have slipped so far that it would take more than the boost of a few million t be anywhere near the playoffs.

I can't see us having anyone that would fetch a few million to help either. Bart looks like he might just walk away, with his agent letting clubs know that they can save on a transfer fee - if the see him and Bart 'ok'.

The Cat 1 academy has long been forgotten, and the drop in ST sales and casual tickets is sure to impact on next season's budget, if it the former just stay as they are presently.

The irony is if we were struggling in L1 there is enough goodwill to have supporters step up and help the club with so much work being down by volunteers. It might hurt our pride but at the cost of getting our club back, having supporters genuinely involved and a young management team (coaches etc) taking is back to our 'roots' so to speak, I think the attendances would pick up.

At the moment we are barely treading water whilst all around falls apart - and we can't or arne't allowed to do anything about it. Look at the journeys AFC Wimbledon and Brighton have been on. Journeys led by their supporters.

It's late - I'm tired - so I wonder if I'll see it differently in the morning "proper" - but at the mo, that's not only what I think could happen eventually, but actually the best option(?)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 04:49 - Mar 18 with 4796 viewsBenters2

Alex Mathie seemed very pleased to say that Yesterday,he also added Mick Mac will keep you in this division forever (great) and Town will go down without Mick Mac.
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:29 - Mar 18 with 4685 viewschristiand

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 23:28 - Mar 17 by ITFCBlues

It is - but when you’ve got one of the smallest budgets in the league, what would you expect?

Accrington Stanley have the equal lowest budget in League Two and they are top of the league. Our ambitions are just so low now and I feel that is a reflection of our expectations as fans too sadly.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:29 - Mar 18 with 4685 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Does anyone trot that out though? I think it was possibly an argument about 3 quarters of the way through last season when we only had a small buffer to the relegation zone - but that was specific to the situation and that making a change at that point could have been disastrous

Now I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone say we shouldn’t make a change as Mick is keeping us in the division. I do however see people suggesting that we are arguably overperforming compared to our budget and that therefore it’s quite probable we will go backwards under any replacement - which seems reasonable to me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:47 - Mar 18 with 4658 viewsbluejacko

Is our form at the moment under MM good enough to keep us in this division? If we had not had a reasonable start who knows what crap we would be in!
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:48 - Mar 18 with 4652 viewsHerbivore

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:29 - Mar 18 by christiand

Accrington Stanley have the equal lowest budget in League Two and they are top of the league. Our ambitions are just so low now and I feel that is a reflection of our expectations as fans too sadly.

We're not in League 2 though. The differential between our budget and the top spenders in this league would probably cover the costs of all the wages in League 2. When you start going down the pyramid a bit the playing field generally levels considerably.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:53 - Mar 18 with 4639 viewsblueislander

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:14 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

Brighton have an owner who has pumped millions into the club.
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 08:04 - Mar 18 with 4621 viewsHerbivore

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:53 - Mar 18 by blueislander

Brighton have an owner who has pumped millions into the club.

Quite. And until very recently AFC Wimbledon have been operating at a level where having a disproportionately large fan base can give you a significant advantage over your rivals. That's not the case in the Championship.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 08:50 - Mar 18 with 4550 viewsmeekreech

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 00:00 - Mar 18 by Coastalblue

Also consider by playing " nicer " football with more spending poorer results , losing in high scoring games giving lots of entertainment , going on the downward spiral of relegation and continued downward drift as so many others have done. I would far rather keep the same management and stay where we are for more years than risk being relegated and losing the club altogether because if we did go down support would totally disappear .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 08:54 - Mar 18 with 4536 viewsITFC_Forever

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:29 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Does anyone trot that out though? I think it was possibly an argument about 3 quarters of the way through last season when we only had a small buffer to the relegation zone - but that was specific to the situation and that making a change at that point could have been disastrous

Now I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone say we shouldn’t make a change as Mick is keeping us in the division. I do however see people suggesting that we are arguably overperforming compared to our budget and that therefore it’s quite probable we will go backwards under any replacement - which seems reasonable to me

Alex Mathie did on Radio Suffolk at the start of the second half yesterday.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 08:58 - Mar 18 with 4532 viewsRegencyBlue

I admire the sentiment but that’s one hell of a risk.

If we go down to L1 I don’t see us coming back under any circumstances in the foreseeable future. I do think that is where we are heading under Evans though, whoever the manager is!
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:29 - Mar 18 with 4475 viewsGuthrum

Or it's a realistic appraisal of our place in the footballing world.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:32 - Mar 18 with 4475 viewsRegencyBlue

Dangerous game that, especially given how fast football is changing. Having said that I don’t think the status quo will be maintained for much longer because looking at the team, the state of the pitch, the ground and the disconnect with the majority of what is left of our fanbase I think Evans has completely lost interest.

Our only real hope is a new owner, and soon!
“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 4466 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 08:54 - Mar 18 by ITFC_Forever

Alex Mathie did on Radio Suffolk at the start of the second half yesterday.

Fair enough - but I’m not sure that constitutes a regular statement trotted out by some people (although I do appreciate that his platform does hold more sway than most!)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:37 - Mar 18 with 4460 viewsGuthrum

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:47 - Mar 18 by bluejacko

Is our form at the moment under MM good enough to keep us in this division? If we had not had a reasonable start who knows what crap we would be in!

But we did have a reasonable start. And, as I pointed out to someone else the other day, from the start of January to mid March we have been picking up points at exactly the same rate as between the start the season and the beginning of November.

For that matter, even if we'd lost all four of those opening matches, we'd still be some way clear of the relegation places now.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 4440 viewsITFC_Forever

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:29 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

Or it's a realistic appraisal of our place in the footballing world.

Hard to swallow though when most Town fans have only known us to be promotion challengers or in the top flight and when we see clubs who for the last 50 years have been our equal or smaller doing so much better.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 10:09 - Mar 18 with 4396 viewsHerbivore

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:42 - Mar 18 by ITFC_Forever

Hard to swallow though when most Town fans have only known us to be promotion challengers or in the top flight and when we see clubs who for the last 50 years have been our equal or smaller doing so much better.

We've spent 5 of the last 30 years in the top flight and about a further 8 challenging for promotion. We're about where we've mostly been for many people's lifetimes.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 10:41 - Mar 18 with 4352 viewsITFC_Forever

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 10:09 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

We've spent 5 of the last 30 years in the top flight and about a further 8 challenging for promotion. We're about where we've mostly been for many people's lifetimes.

Ten of those years have been the ME era, where we know we have mainly under-performed....

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 10:45 - Mar 18 with 4345 viewsGuthrum

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 09:42 - Mar 18 by ITFC_Forever

Very. It's exactly why there is so much unrest.

Even those who are too young to have experienced the glory years know about them and feel they're missing out.

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 11:25 - Mar 18 with 4315 viewsBinner

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 07:47 - Mar 18 by bluejacko

Yes. It is.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

“Mick will keep us in this division” is a regular statement trotted out by.. on 13:25 - Mar 18 with 4243 viewslongtimefan

Sorry but if we were relegated I really can’t see that bringing back the crowds. If anything it would likely accelerate the decline
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024