Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Leaving 19:59 - Mar 29 with 7009 viewsSwn98

I must say that being one of the older members of the fan base this announcement although not a surprise saddens me as much as when i found out that BR was leaving to manage England.Having had the highs of the FA Cup and then travelling around europe for our great UEFA CUP victory BR left and sadly our slow and painful demise started.
With MM departure i think that our decline will hasten you've only got to read the part where Bart might not sign his contract, Jonas could move on, a steady drip of negative news.
The boo boys and mob have got their inevitable way now we will have to see the consequences of today's events unfold.
Good luck to Mick and Terry Connor in your next appointment im sure sure you will make a success of it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 21:23]
Mick Leaving on 20:02 - Mar 29 with 6954 viewsm14_blue

Mick's been a great servant and done a good job but are you seriously comparing him to Sir Bob??

We finished 17th last season...lower than we ever did with any of his much maligned (rightly) predecessors .
Mick Leaving on 20:11 - Mar 29 with 6900 viewstcblue

Mick and Connor?
Mick Leaving on 20:12 - Mar 29 with 6899 viewssundaze

"The mob" seriously? In the end fans staying away because they couldn't take anymore, this is what forced the issue. As for comparing MM to Sir Bobby, that is so wrong. Under MM we never won a F.A cup tie, we even lost to non league opposition, Sir Bobby brought the cup home.
Mick Leaving on 20:14 - Mar 29 with 6886 viewsLord_Lucan

You like going nowhere then.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mick Leaving on 20:15 - Mar 29 with 6870 viewsSuperblue95

Comparing McCarthy to Bobby is laughable.

Things have been so stale the past 2 years that he couldn't possibly have stayed. A change is best for us and for him and I think Mick and Marcus both realised this.

McCarthy gave us some great moments and has left us in a better place than he found us but things have been so unbelievably dull lately. At least getting a new manager will freshen things up and create a bit of excitement

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Mick Leaving on 20:16 - Mar 29 with 6863 viewsReuser_is_God

Jesus wept.

That reads like some of the sh1t Truce would come out with.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick Leaving on 20:20 - Mar 29 with 6844 viewsjas0999

Mick v Sir Bobby. Wow.
Mick Leaving on 20:25 - Mar 29 with 6809 viewswitchdoctor

oh deary me..:🙄
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Leaving on 20:51 - Mar 29 with 6726 viewsSWGF

Mick Leaving on 20:14 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

You like going nowhere then.

I'm going nowhere, Lynn. Quite literally. I'm on the ring road. Third time round

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick Leaving on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 6726 viewsSwn98

The replies to my post highlight the numpties that MM refers to at no time in my opening post did i compare MM to BR.
Mick Leaving on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 6719 viewsHennikerBlu

Mick Leaving on 20:02 - Mar 29 by m14_blue

Mick's been a great servant and done a good job but are you seriously comparing him to Sir Bob??

We finished 17th last season...lower than we ever did with any of his much maligned (rightly) predecessors .

EDIT: Post meant for the OP not m14 Blue.

Its a shame MM does not show the same humility as you do and SBR did towards the club and fans. As great as the SBR era was, our club history did not start then, our position is not unique in this regard, Brian Clough and his time at Forest being comparable. The arrival of the prem' and disparity in funding defining everything thereafter.

I don't think you can blame 'a small section' of the fans by MM's own definition. He does point to the atmosphere at the home games being an issue, but you cant blame the boo-boys for all of that, its up to all stands to show their support for the players and for MM. I don't recall much noise from the other stands during the Hull game or many others for that matter. Can you tell me a game this season when the EE Coop started a chant?

MM has enjoyed, probably, the longest tenure here than any other professional manager, accept Wenger. Can you tell me where in his interview he thanked the fans and club for that level of job security and for their support?

Instead he implied that two players may leave and also that all the previous clubs he had left had been relegated. Humility is a key component of leadership and its a shame that MM has not shown more of that to go with his undoubted skills.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 20:58]
Mick Leaving on 21:04 - Mar 29 with 6664 viewstcblue

Mick Leaving on 20:51 - Mar 29 by SWGF

I'm going nowhere, Lynn. Quite literally. I'm on the ring road. Third time round

Did you buy anything?
Mick Leaving on 21:23 - Mar 29 with 6614 viewsSWGF

Mick Leaving on 21:04 - Mar 29 by tcblue

Did you buy anything?

A pack of tungsten tipped screws.

Never gonna use them.

Never gonna use them.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick Leaving on 21:51 - Mar 29 with 6558 viewscoolcat

First time I've said this on any forum on here, but I marked you down in error. Concur with what you say.
Mick Leaving on 21:59 - Mar 29 with 6525 viewsJ2BLUE

If you look at where we are as a club, we are very unlikely to get promoted and we need to take advantage of every opportunity that comes our way to achieve promotion. Can you please explain to me how you can still support him after his approach to the Sheffield United and Hull games and comments after them? Don't get me wrong, i'm not a hater and I wish him well but that was unforgivable. He had a virtually risk free shot at reigniting our season with two winnable home games and he didn't take it. I mentioned this so often because I can't get over it. It just seems ridiculous to me. He has said this is the way he is and the way he will continue to be.

Maybe a new approach is what we need. MM leaves us a solid but unspectacular squad. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Bart thing. If he has something going on behind the scenes it wouldn't matter who the manager was. As for Knudsen I find it hard to believe he's going to want to leave because MM has gone. He might relish being able to get forward more under a new manager.

TL;DR - Get a grip

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick Leaving on 22:20 - Mar 29 with 6438 viewsSwn98

Mick Leaving on 21:59 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

If you look at where we are as a club, we are very unlikely to get promoted and we need to take advantage of every opportunity that comes our way to achieve promotion. Can you please explain to me how you can still support him after his approach to the Sheffield United and Hull games and comments after them? Don't get me wrong, i'm not a hater and I wish him well but that was unforgivable. He had a virtually risk free shot at reigniting our season with two winnable home games and he didn't take it. I mentioned this so often because I can't get over it. It just seems ridiculous to me. He has said this is the way he is and the way he will continue to be.

Maybe a new approach is what we need. MM leaves us a solid but unspectacular squad. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Bart thing. If he has something going on behind the scenes it wouldn't matter who the manager was. As for Knudsen I find it hard to believe he's going to want to leave because MM has gone. He might relish being able to get forward more under a new manager.

TL;DR - Get a grip

Far be it for me to comment on what a manager does and why he does it they are paid good money and have to fall on their sword if things go pear shaped.
I feel he's done a good job with very limited resources, had a terrible time with the injuries decimating the spine of his team for most of the season.
There's going to be a lot of disappointed fans if the holy grail of a new manager doesn't bring the results they desire personally can't see much improving if they are given the same budget as MM and probably we will end up in a worst position.
As i said in my op this has been a slow decline since BR left hope i'm wrong but think the decline could speed up next season.
Mick Leaving on 22:29 - Mar 29 with 6408 viewsVic

Mick Leaving on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Swn98

Far be it for me to comment on what a manager does and why he does it they are paid good money and have to fall on their sword if things go pear shaped.
I feel he's done a good job with very limited resources, had a terrible time with the injuries decimating the spine of his team for most of the season.
There's going to be a lot of disappointed fans if the holy grail of a new manager doesn't bring the results they desire personally can't see much improving if they are given the same budget as MM and probably we will end up in a worst position.
As i said in my op this has been a slow decline since BR left hope i'm wrong but think the decline could speed up next season.

Don’t worry, if the ‘numpties’ finds themselves disappointed with he new manager they will just turn their bile even more on the man who ploughs in £6m+ per year.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Mick Leaving on 22:42 - Mar 29 with 6359 viewsthecheek

Who knows how things will go now but after the past 2 years of the most dreadful football and negative tactics I can't see how most fans could have possibly looked forward to more of the inevitable same if he'd stayed
Mick Leaving on 22:51 - Mar 29 with 6328 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As great as Sir Bobby was as a manager, a factor in the decline was paying for the improvements in infrastructure and the necessity of transfer revenue to do this. As again was the case when we overdid it when we got into Europe and needed to pay for the developments of the stands and went into administration in more recent years. These are not current issues.

That said, it would be very easy to appoint a manager who is worse than MM and we could go into freefall if we did that. The main thing is the new manager needs to bring better entertainment without relegation.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick Leaving on 23:04 - Mar 29 with 6295 viewsHennikerBlu

Mick Leaving on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Swn98

A fair post if you don't mind me saying. I think the majority of fans share your concerns and don't believe there is a holy grail option. There is a potential for relegation. However, I do think MM has contributed to the relationship souring with the fans and the fact that attendances are as they are, is a reflection of how many largely view the entertainment on offer. I attend games and I know how awful a section of the fans can be, I don't agree with it nor do I join in the chanting or booing. But equally there is a large degree of apathy from the remainder of the fans which suggests they are not feeling particularly entertained either.
Mick Leaving on 00:19 - Mar 30 with 6197 viewsTendring_Blue

Mick Leaving on 23:04 - Mar 29 by HennikerBlu

A fair post if you don't mind me saying. I think the majority of fans share your concerns and don't believe there is a holy grail option. There is a potential for relegation. However, I do think MM has contributed to the relationship souring with the fans and the fact that attendances are as they are, is a reflection of how many largely view the entertainment on offer. I attend games and I know how awful a section of the fans can be, I don't agree with it nor do I join in the chanting or booing. But equally there is a large degree of apathy from the remainder of the fans which suggests they are not feeling particularly entertained either.

Spot on, you have a ground full of people looking as if they would rather be somewhere else.

Yes the booing is minority, but the shear lack of energy from the other stands says it all. Its time for new things, bring it on.
Mick Leaving on 11:38 - Mar 30 with 5901 viewsgazzer1999

Firstly lets say that it is probably right that Mick is leaving, personally I would have liked him to have been a success, and largely he has with what he had available to him.
Yes he had a problem with the fans, but I am old enough to remember Sir Bobby calling us zombies for not singing as much as 50,000 at Old Trafford.
That is where the comparison ends, to the public and the press he was the perfect gentleman, even in the face of some harsh critics in the press.
What should not be confused is Sir Bobby along with his staff were able to coach players, as much as he may have liked to spent money on other clubs players and go for a quick fix, he was able to have players go through the Ipswich system, nurture them and then get them into the first team, which is why you have to have a complete team not just the head coach.
Mick may think that he has not had much money to spend, but in comparison neither did Sir Bobby. We need to get away from this lets spend money on players that have been developed by other clubs, we need to concentrate on scouting the right youngsters and bringing them through our system, started by Bill Mcgarry, continued by Sir Bob and to a very large extent George Burley. This should form the basis of Marcus Evans 5 year plan going forward, maybe even re-employing George in some capacity along with Brian Klug who appears to be very highly rated within the club for his sterling work with the academy.
Buying players is not the answer, coach your own thats what we used to do, we are never going to win the league, we may have the odd cup run, and we may get promotion.
In summing up Mick has been good for us and we should be grateful, he stemmed the tide at the club started by the dark knight and continued by PJ, but now is the right time to move on for both, it may get worse for a while but lets be positive and hope things in time will improve. But please stop this nasty talk towards Mick, he has feelings like the rest of us and his family get affected too. Lets get behind him for the rest of the season and give him a good send off.
Mick Leaving on 11:47 - Mar 30 with 5883 viewsBenters2

Man up and get on with it.

COYBS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024