Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley fans on Moore 13:54 - Apr 9 with 6413 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

.....sounds like they rate him as a Championsip player, from Harrys report;

Kieffer Moore

“Moore dragged us over the line by the scruff of our neck against Sheffield United today”, “He was strong in the air and battered by their defenders”, “Take a bow son, that lad could be an Oakwell legend by the time he’s done here. That was a second man of the match performance in a week.”

“He wins everything in the air, chases lost causes and provides excellent assists.” The 25-year-old signed permanently for the Tykes from Ipswich in January having had a very successful loan spell at Rotherham in the first half of the season. “He’s my kind of player. He’s going to be a legend here.”

“A proper war horse, that lad”, “That lad is immense and has a great work ethic”, “I like the guy, a cult hero in the making and exactly what we have been missing. He is excellent and very effective, a real threat and works his socks off. Centre-halves know they have been in a right game against him.”

“Moore is just what Bradshaw needs as a partner up front. Keegan and Toshack spring to mind”, “His touch can be frustrating but he wins everything in the air and gives defenders a torrid time”, “He is not a finisher, but he runs his blood to water”, “His heroism and determination are second to none.”
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 13:54]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Barnsley fans on Moore on 13:55 - Apr 9 with 3807 viewshype313

Yeah, I read that and thought hmm. I know we got a cracking ROI, but part of me thinks were we too quick to sell, especially with McGoldrick off and probably Sears.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Barnsley fans on Moore on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 3769 viewsKieran_Knows

Barnsley fans on Moore on 13:55 - Apr 9 by hype313

Yeah, I read that and thought hmm. I know we got a cracking ROI, but part of me thinks were we too quick to sell, especially with McGoldrick off and probably Sears.

We needed the money to bring Gleeson in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Barnsley fans on Moore on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 3776 viewsSteve_M

Although at the time, he looked like being at best fourth choice but more likely fifth. Not sure if infrequent minutes would have achieved very much, I'm still yet to be sure if he can play consistently at this level. We'll see in time, certainly he';s done better than many fans allowed a year ago.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:00 - Apr 9 with 3751 viewsJ2BLUE

ROI is completely irrelevant in this context.

We sold him for peanuts because that's what we do.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:00 - Apr 9 with 3747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 13:58 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Although at the time, he looked like being at best fourth choice but more likely fifth. Not sure if infrequent minutes would have achieved very much, I'm still yet to be sure if he can play consistently at this level. We'll see in time, certainly he';s done better than many fans allowed a year ago.

Would make a great partnership with Marriott... ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:01 - Apr 9 with 3738 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:00 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

ROI is completely irrelevant in this context.

We sold him for peanuts because that's what we do.

Funny thing is, from everything they say about him, he seems to be everything that Mick looks for in a forward.

1 Championship goal per 333 minutes..... on 14:02 - Apr 9 with 3725 viewsBloots

....on the pitch.

Our "fans" wouldn't stand for that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Yeah, good defensively. (n/t) on 14:03 - Apr 9 with 3712 viewsBloots

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:01 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Funny thing is, from everything they say about him, he seems to be everything that Mick looks for in a forward.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:04 - Apr 9 with 3705 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:01 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nothing I saw of him during his time at Town suggested he could really make the step up. However, he showed at Rotherham what he's capable of and is looking like making a go of it at Barnsley.

However, as Steve said below, he looked like being 4th/ 5th choice here and he didn't want to come back to that, fair play to him, and which of us would choose him over Waggers, Garner or Didz?

I don't think he's one to lose sleep over to be honest, just glad he's making a go of it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:06 - Apr 9 with 3688 viewsitfcjoe

I just don't understand why we didn't give him a few months here - we knew Garner was nursing an injury and he was the most like for like replacement on our books.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:08 - Apr 9 with 3660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:04 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Nothing I saw of him during his time at Town suggested he could really make the step up. However, he showed at Rotherham what he's capable of and is looking like making a go of it at Barnsley.

However, as Steve said below, he looked like being 4th/ 5th choice here and he didn't want to come back to that, fair play to him, and which of us would choose him over Waggers, Garner or Didz?

I don't think he's one to lose sleep over to be honest, just glad he's making a go of it.

"He looked like being 4th / 5th choice"

I don't really get that.

Didz looks awful these days, he's just so slow and labouring and is sure to go at the end of the season. Who is the other striker that pushes him to 5th (surely not Sears)?

By my reckoning this makes him at least 3rd choice, and he's likely good enough to put pressure on Garner and Waggy.

There was no need to sell him immediately, we could have given him this season to truly see whether he was good enough, rather than making weak assumptions.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:08 - Apr 9 with 3654 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:06 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

I just don't understand why we didn't give him a few months here - we knew Garner was nursing an injury and he was the most like for like replacement on our books.

100% agree.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:10 - Apr 9 with 3639 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:06 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

He didn't want to stay and be 4th/ 5th choice Joe, simple as that.

Who can blame him? He'd gone on loan, showed what he could do, came back and clearly Mick wasn't going to start him and, to be honest, which of us would have been happy seeing Waggers, Didz or Garner dropped?

EDIT: and I think he's been proved right not to stay to be honest.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 14:13]

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:11 - Apr 9 with 3625 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:08 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

"He looked like being 4th / 5th choice"

I don't really get that.

Didz looks awful these days, he's just so slow and labouring and is sure to go at the end of the season. Who is the other striker that pushes him to 5th (surely not Sears)?

By my reckoning this makes him at least 3rd choice, and he's likely good enough to put pressure on Garner and Waggy.

There was no need to sell him immediately, we could have given him this season to truly see whether he was good enough, rather than making weak assumptions.

Yes, Sears - it's clear that Mick would choose Sears over Moore due to versatility and work rate.

I think the main point is Moore didn't want to stay.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:14 - Apr 9 with 3607 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:10 - Apr 9 by homer_123

He didn't want to stay and be 4th/ 5th choice Joe, simple as that.

Who can blame him? He'd gone on loan, showed what he could do, came back and clearly Mick wasn't going to start him and, to be honest, which of us would have been happy seeing Waggers, Didz or Garner dropped?

EDIT: and I think he's been proved right not to stay to be honest.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 14:13]

Can we drop reference to 5th choice.

There werent 4 first team strikers ahead of him.

And Didz is a painfully slow, injury prone has been.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 with 3584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:11 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Yes, Sears - it's clear that Mick would choose Sears over Moore due to versatility and work rate.

I think the main point is Moore didn't want to stay.

Moore didnt want to stay as Mick didnt believe in him.

Sears cant be classed as a striker under Mick.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 with 3584 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:14 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can we drop reference to 5th choice.

There werent 4 first team strikers ahead of him.

And Didz is a painfully slow, injury prone has been.

Waggers, Garner, Didz and Sears - see my comment below re. Sears and Mick chosing him over Moore.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 with 3580 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Waggers, Garner, Didz and Sears - see my comment below re. Sears and Mick chosing him over Moore.

You cant seriously count Sears as a striker under Mick.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:18 - Apr 9 with 3568 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

You cant seriously count Sears as a striker under Mick.

Yes, of course he is.

He's a winger/ right mid/ striker under Mick.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:19 - Apr 9 with 3565 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:16 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Moore didnt want to stay as Mick didnt believe in him.

Sears cant be classed as a striker under Mick.

Moore wanted to leave as he wanted to play first team football. Something Mick agreed with but couldn't, rightly, offer him here at that juncture.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:19 - Apr 9 with 3555 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:18 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Yes, of course he is.

He's a winger/ right mid/ striker under Mick.

Agree to differ on that one.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:20 - Apr 9 with 3548 viewshomer_123

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:19 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ on that one.

Given he's played all those positions under Mick what would you say he was then?

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:26 - Apr 9 with 3521 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:20 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Given he's played all those positions under Mick what would you say he was then?

Did you see the article where Sears complained that he was being used as a wide player instead of his favoured role as a striker?

But I'm happy to take your view over his.

He's clearly viewed as a wide player under Mick.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 14:27]

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:29 - Apr 9 with 3488 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:19 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Moore wanted to leave as he wanted to play first team football. Something Mick agreed with but couldn't, rightly, offer him here at that juncture.

....if Mick had shown some belief in him and offered him the chance to fight for a place in the starting XI, I'm sure he would have taken that.

Unfortunately Mick simply wrote him off.

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:38 - Apr 9 with 3439 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Barnsley fans on Moore on 14:29 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

....if Mick had shown some belief in him and offered him the chance to fight for a place in the starting XI, I'm sure he would have taken that.

Unfortunately Mick simply wrote him off.

It seems far more likely that it was concluded that the fee was decent for a player who would be very much a backup and that he wouldn’t be worth that much again if we kept him, rather than being written off

I’m not all that sure that a couple of quotes from Barnsley fans saying he worked hard in their last couple of games really shows we got that one wrong either

Admittedly I’m not sure the club really benefits from the windfall as such, but that’s a separate debate

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024