Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games 18:53 - Apr 30 with 2766 viewsElderGrizzly

Have to admit, i never realised it was a policy, rather clubs wanted to do them?!

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 19:04 - Apr 30 with 2712 viewsBurwell_Blue

Had no idea that was a requirement! Makes no odds to me as I haven’t bought one for thirty years.
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 19:12 - Apr 30 with 2672 viewsbritbiker

I know some people like to collect them but they have become outdated as the news element in them and team list are several days out if date.
I remember the days when players had to list their favourite foods, films etc, and virtually every player wanted to meet Clint Eastwood.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 19:33]
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 19:20 - Apr 30 with 2647 viewsEastTownBlue

I haven't purchased one in years. All they ever did was gather dust and take up space.

Dependent on the vote, it will be interesting to see how many clubs will maintain them as a revenue stream.
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 20:05 - Apr 30 with 2573 viewsBasuco

I stopped buying one when my eye sight deteriorated to the point I couldn't read it without glasses and one wet day the pages stuck together so couldn't read it at home. I do buy one every now and then.
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 20:29 - Apr 30 with 2534 viewsstonojnr

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 19:12 - Apr 30 by britbiker

I know some people like to collect them but they have become outdated as the news element in them and team list are several days out if date.
I remember the days when players had to list their favourite foods, films etc, and virtually every player wanted to meet Clint Eastwood.

they are an invaluable reference for player stats, manager/captain notes. You cant always rely on stuff people have copied on to the internet and it becomes a bigger issue once you get to 10-20 years distance as memories fade,key details get forgotten.

not saying you should collect every single one for ever, but I for one would be sad if they stopped making them
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 2516 viewschevblue

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 19:12 - Apr 30 by britbiker

Allan Hunter wanted to meet the person that replaced his car stereo with a brick.

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 2507 viewsclive_baker

It’s a bit of a nonsense that it’s a requirement IMO. It’s ok if you can shift thousands at £5 each there’s a bit of money in it, but for smaller Club’s selling 50 and needing to pay someone to provide all the content and get them printed etc I’m sure for many it doesn’t pay back. Should definitely be optional for clubs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:31 - Apr 30 with 2422 viewsVic

And Mick Mills favourite singer was Neil Diamond!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:34 - Apr 30 with 2416 viewsolimar

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 20:36 - Apr 30 by clive_baker

It’s a bit of a nonsense that it’s a requirement IMO. It’s ok if you can shift thousands at £5 each there’s a bit of money in it, but for smaller Club’s selling 50 and needing to pay someone to provide all the content and get them printed etc I’m sure for many it doesn’t pay back. Should definitely be optional for clubs.

But Im not sure what "all the content" means? Is there a minimum size or number of pages?
If there is a struggle to put it all together, then just focus on whats required (teams, match officials etc Id imagine) and sell 10 pages for £1 or whatever.
EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:34 - Apr 30 with 2416 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If they did stop perhaps there would be an opening for some sort of printed fanzine thing. Maybe it could be called Those Were The Days and sold by somebody stood underneath the statue of SIr Alf.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:36 - Apr 30 with 2413 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:34 - Apr 30 by olimar

But Im not sure what "all the content" means? Is there a minimum size or number of pages?
If there is a struggle to put it all together, then just focus on whats required (teams, match officials etc Id imagine) and sell 10 pages for £1 or whatever.

I think there are minimum requirements which is what the rule is all about.

I can recall there used to be awards and our programme was often there or there abouts if not winning.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:41 - Apr 30 with 2407 viewsSuperfrans

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:34 - Apr 30 by olimar

Indeed. It’s not as if they’re paying Will Self to write it (although that would be interesting). Some stats, managers notes etc and a bit of layout time. Bob’s your uncle. And then price it to sell and make a bit of money. It can’t be difficult.

I wonder whether they just don’t think of it as a merchandise opportunity. I went to Wycombe a couple of weeks ago and had to race round to the opposite side of the ground at half time to get one. They made it really hard to buy one.

I do wonder how many copies of the Town programme are sold every match. 1,000, 500, 5,000? I really, genuinely wouldn’t have a clue.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 2384 viewsVic

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:34 - Apr 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

If they did stop perhaps there would be an opening for some sort of printed fanzine thing. Maybe it could be called Those Were The Days and sold by somebody stood underneath the statue of SIr Alf.

Nah, it would never catch on. Some bloke would take it onto that internet thing and chaos would follow.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:57 - Apr 30 with 2378 viewsolimar

EFL debating whether to remove requirement for programmes at games on 21:41 - Apr 30 by Superfrans

Indeed. It’s not as if they’re paying Will Self to write it (although that would be interesting). Some stats, managers notes etc and a bit of layout time. Bob’s your uncle. And then price it to sell and make a bit of money. It can’t be difficult.

I wonder whether they just don’t think of it as a merchandise opportunity. I went to Wycombe a couple of weeks ago and had to race round to the opposite side of the ground at half time to get one. They made it really hard to buy one.

I do wonder how many copies of the Town programme are sold every match. 1,000, 500, 5,000? I really, genuinely wouldn’t have a clue.

Yeah, I think they have to produce something, so its a race to the bottom to charge as much as possible and reduce the spend on the content.
But it perhaps doesnt do enough to make it worthwhile.

I admired Huddersfield for opting for a cheaper paper equivalent a couple of years back, thought it was good trying a different approach. But they soon reverted back as traditionalists didnt like them.

I think they could really focus on stats and make it something worth browsing through for ten mins or so. Always found it ironic that you collect it every match with an updated season record at the back and its never, ever complete with the final match details!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024