Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations 23:52 - May 1 with 4174 views12th_Man

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Congratulations on 00:48 - May 2 with 4087 viewsFifeITFC

Thank you for...

A) Something we already know
B) Sharing what the club already have announced
C) Another insight into Twitter
D) Another useful forum post from you
[Post edited 2 May 2018 0:49]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Congratulations on 01:22 - May 2 with 4033 viewsSpruceMoose

Congratulations on 00:48 - May 2 by FifeITFC

Thank you for...

Savage!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Congratulations on 03:10 - May 2 with 4001 viewstextbackup

he cleans up again, hopefully the next guy has us playing football that isn't so heavily reliant on our keeper.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Congratulations on 06:05 - May 2 with 3944 viewsbrogansnose

Congratulations on 03:10 - May 2 by textbackup

he cleans up again, hopefully the next guy has us playing football that isn't so heavily reliant on our keeper.

I have a lot of man love for Bart and I would willingly have his babies, but something is wrong when, as defender of last resort, you win POTY seasons in a row.
Congratulations on 06:18 - May 2 with 3913 viewsBenters2

Thank you for...

Bully not all of us are on here 24/7 so its a uppie from me !
Congratulations on 06:34 - May 2 with 3875 viewschristiand

Congratulations on 06:05 - May 2 by brogansnose

I have a lot of man love for Bart and I would willingly have his babies, but something is wrong when, as defender of last resort, you win POTY seasons in a row.

This fact seems to get overlooked. Without doubt Bart has played well for the last few seasons and has needed to, but when he keeps winning these accolades season on season something is wrong with us defensively.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 6:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Congratulations on 08:07 - May 2 with 3744 viewsBluefish

Congratulations on 03:10 - May 2 by textbackup

How are you getting on with moving on?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Congratulations on 08:16 - May 2 with 3723 viewsHerbivore

Downes winning Young Player of the Year is an odd one, he's not played in months. Should really be Connolly imo but if we want to give it to one of our own then Nydam has been much more involved over the season and in recent weeks has looked a real player.

Waghorn has been our best player this season but as long as Bart is here I expect he'll always win it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations on 08:30 - May 2 with 3697 viewshorsehollerer

Congratulations on 08:16 - May 2 by Herbivore

Downes winning Young Player of the Year is an odd one, he's not played in months. Should really be Connolly imo but if we want to give it to one of our own then Nydam has been much more involved over the season and in recent weeks has looked a real player.

Waghorn has been our best player this season but as long as Bart is here I expect he'll always win it.

Waghorn might actually get some service next season.
45 goals 25 assists
Minimum.

Prob not enough to topple Bart though.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Congratulations on 08:35 - May 2 with 3682 viewschristiand

The supporters POTY year can be deemed more sceptical due to 'some' fans perhaps voting for their favourite player, regardless of their general performances. Players' Player of the Year is a completely different story though and certainly has more kudos. Not sure the players would vote for Bart to convince him to stay.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 8:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Congratulations on 09:18 - May 2 with 3608 viewstextbackup

Congratulations on 08:07 - May 2 by Bluefish

How are you getting on with moving on?

Absolutely irrelevant on this post. The keeper has won player of the year 3 years in a row because the way we’ve played has meant he has been needed more than if we kept the ball. Wouldn’t matter who the manager was, I’d still think that.

But to answer your question, I’m happy as a pig in sht that it’s no longer here.

Congratulations on 09:22 - May 2 with 3594 viewsBluefish

Congratulations on 09:18 - May 2 by textbackup

Absolutely irrelevant on this post. The keeper has won player of the year 3 years in a row because the way we’ve played has meant he has been needed more than if we kept the ball. Wouldn’t matter who the manager was, I’d still think that.

But to answer your question, I’m happy as a pig in sht that it’s no longer here.

The keeper is a player as much as anyone on the pitch and he is our player that could probably play at the highest level based on current ability. It makes sense that he does his job better than other players do their and therefore he wins player of the season. Nothing needed to be about the manager apart from the fact the manager managed to bring him to the club for a steal. The way that you mention our former manager in virtually every post makes it seem that you can't let go and you had become obsessive about him.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Congratulations on 09:23 - May 2 with 3589 viewschicoazul

How the hell can Flynn Downes have won that??? Nydam and Kenlock have 4 times as many appearances!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Congratulations on 09:24 - May 2 with 3589 viewsitfcjoe

That award has always been the academy player of the year, so think it's name has changed but is the same award, or it has superceeded it.

Sometimes that award goes to a player who hasn't even broken into the first team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Congratulations on 09:59 - May 2 with 3533 views12th_Man

Thank you for...

You're welcome no problem

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Congratulations on 02:00 - May 3 with 3258 viewstextbackup

Congratulations on 09:22 - May 2 by Bluefish

The keeper is a player as much as anyone on the pitch and he is our player that could probably play at the highest level based on current ability. It makes sense that he does his job better than other players do their and therefore he wins player of the season. Nothing needed to be about the manager apart from the fact the manager managed to bring him to the club for a steal. The way that you mention our former manager in virtually every post makes it seem that you can't let go and you had become obsessive about him.

oh dear Truce, that's poor from you, you've managed to completely lie there haven't you.
the previous manager is brought up on occasions where it seems necessary, and when talking of the player of the year (the year that 95% was managed by the previous manager) i'm sure he can be dropped into conversation.
I see what you are trying to do tho, "oh look a MM outer that cant move on" very very smart... well not really, but well done little fella.

on your point tho, the keeper is one of the 11 and as important, I agree. but 3 years in a row?... that says a lot more about the way we were set up more than it does about the player himself (who is very talented I agree)

Congratulations on 02:01 - May 3 with 3256 viewstextbackup

Congratulations on 09:24 - May 2 by itfcjoe

That award has always been the academy player of the year, so think it's name has changed but is the same award, or it has superceeded it.

Sometimes that award goes to a player who hasn't even broken into the first team

but still, nydam kenlock.... Downes played about 5mins!

Congratulations on 08:26 - May 3 with 3090 viewsHerbivore

Congratulations on 02:01 - May 3 by textbackup

but still, nydam kenlock.... Downes played about 5mins!

I think I've kind of got my head round it a bit more now. I think the award is more about progress than anything else. Kenlock hasn't progressed at all imo, he looks further away from seriously challenging Knudsen for his place in the team than he did a year ago. Nydam has done well and must be in double figures for appearances which is great for his age, however Nydam has been talked about as a top prospect for ages and has been in England squads for a while and was close to the first team picture this time last year. I don't remember Downes being talked about very much at all this time last year and he's gone from that to making several appearances for Town, a decent loan spell and England caps. In terms of progress I can understand how Downes has won it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Congratulations on 08:34 - May 3 with 3069 viewsDubtractor

Congratulations on 08:30 - May 2 by horsehollerer

Waghorn might actually get some service next season.
45 goals 25 assists
Minimum.

Prob not enough to topple Bart though.

Our fans are so negative sometimes.

I think he'll get 172 goals personally.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024