Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Crowe off to Preston... 10:32 - Jun 5 with 7144 viewsKieran_Knows

... decent move for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:35 - Jun 5 with 5361 viewswkj

I was hoping we would hang onto him, but hes at that point he needs to be playing regularly and being a #2 option doesn't really help him develop

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:40 - Jun 5 with 5322 viewsTIB

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:35 - Jun 5 by wkj

I was hoping we would hang onto him, but hes at that point he needs to be playing regularly and being a #2 option doesn't really help him develop

Seems odd with all the speculation around Bartz that we let this lad go when he was rated quite highly...didn't realise it was to the extent other clubs around us would be trying to snap him up.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:45 - Jun 5 with 5278 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:35 - Jun 5 by wkj

I'm not sure that Crowe will get any more first team action at Preston, but very likely he'll secure that No.2 spot at Deepdale. I wonder if PH will try and get Henderson from Manchester United to fight with Bart for the No.1 spot?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 10:47]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:48 - Jun 5 with 5238 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:45 - Jun 5 by christiand

I'm not sure that Crowe will get any more first team action at Preston, but very likely he'll secure that No.2 spot at Deepdale. I wonder if PH will try and get Henderson from Manchester United to fight with Bart for the No.1 spot?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 10:47]

I think it might be a case of us signing Henderson to replace Bart, IMO.

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:50 - Jun 5 with 5221 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:48 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

I think it might be a case of us signing Henderson to replace Bart, IMO.

You could be right Paul!

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:51 - Jun 5 with 5209 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:50 - Jun 5 by christiand

You could be right Paul!

No worries, bringing you all the latest news from my sunbed in Dubai!

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:51 - Jun 5 with 5211 viewsIpswichKnight

I don't think he was that highly rated here, he never got a game and we even played Gerks with an injury against Leeds rather and Crowe.
Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:56 - Jun 5 with 5164 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:40 - Jun 5 by TIB

Seems odd with all the speculation around Bartz that we let this lad go when he was rated quite highly...didn't realise it was to the extent other clubs around us would be trying to snap him up.

Not rated at all by the coaching staff and never progressed as he should have done his not a kid anymore at 22.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:57 - Jun 5 with 5158 viewsGlebeTractor

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:40 - Jun 5 by TIB

If Bart went, we got a new keeper in his place (blackburns keeper is really good) and Gerkin is still here, he would be third choice. If you need a third place keeper, just let Hayes do the job. Only a bit of bench warming sometimes.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:57 - Jun 5 with 5155 viewswkj

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:51 - Jun 5 by IpswichKnight

I don't think he was that highly rated here, he never got a game and we even played Gerks with an injury against Leeds rather and Crowe.

Yeah, though Mick stated he has a harder time chosing youth players in defensive roles if I recall correctly, yes we can joke that every role Mick chooses is defensive, though GK + CDs was what I meant.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:58 - Jun 5 with 5143 viewschicoazul

Look forward to seeing him go to the 2026 World Cup.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:03 - Jun 5 with 5117 viewsIpswichKnight

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:57 - Jun 5 by GlebeTractor

If Bart went, we got a new keeper in his place (blackburns keeper is really good) and Gerkin is still here, he would be third choice. If you need a third place keeper, just let Hayes do the job. Only a bit of bench warming sometimes.

I would not be surprised if Gerks is moved on this Summer especially if we brought in someone like Blackburns keeper ( didn't we release Hayes as well think we've got Richard Wrights lad as the "3rd choice" now )
Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:07 - Jun 5 with 5092 viewsWBBlue18

Saw him in a few U23 games last season. Not hugely impressed TBH. The decision came as no great shock to me.
Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:10 - Jun 5 with 5057 viewsTIB

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:56 - Jun 5 by ColchesterBlue1985

Not rated at all by the coaching staff and never progressed as he should have done his not a kid anymore at 22.

I stand corrected, I thought he was well regarded. Let's hope he doesn't end up another Pope

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:36 - Jun 5 with 4958 viewssolemio

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:10 - Jun 5 by TIB

I stand corrected, I thought he was well regarded. Let's hope he doesn't end up another Pope

Dominus vobiscum
Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:37 - Jun 5 with 4954 viewsBluefish

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:07 - Jun 5 by WBBlue18

Saw him in a few U23 games last season. Not hugely impressed TBH. The decision came as no great shock to me.

I only saw him once and thought he was poor. I was amazed we kept him so long on that showing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:51 - Jun 5 with 4923 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:37 - Jun 5 by Bluefish

I only saw him once and thought he was poor. I was amazed we kept him so long on that showing

Yes, we should all make calculated judges on players based on one showing. You never had a bad day at the office? Silly me, just realised whose reply I'm responding to!

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:18 - Jun 5 with 4866 viewsBluefish

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 11:51 - Jun 5 by christiand

Yes, we should all make calculated judges on players based on one showing. You never had a bad day at the office? Silly me, just realised whose reply I'm responding to!

Brilliant i wondered who would jump into that one and try and have a dig. If you read I clearly wrote "on that showing"

The trouble with being a big deal on the board is that the little uns are always trying to take a pop to make a mark. None of them are anywhere near being up to the task though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:25 - Jun 5 with 4839 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:18 - Jun 5 by Bluefish

Brilliant i wondered who would jump into that one and try and have a dig. If you read I clearly wrote "on that showing"

The trouble with being a big deal on the board is that the little uns are always trying to take a pop to make a mark. None of them are anywhere near being up to the task though

Yawn!!

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:54 - Jun 5 with 4782 viewsPhilTWTD

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 10:51 - Jun 5 by IpswichKnight

Gerks was considered over his injury at that point, only to aggravate either during or after that match. Was highly-rated enough to be kept on for six years, was surprised he was released to be honest.
Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:55 - Jun 5 with 4771 viewsReuser_is_God

Seems that he’s rated highly by everyone bar us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 13:05 - Jun 5 with 4739 viewsflimflam

Pope II

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 13:06 - Jun 5 with 4737 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:55 - Jun 5 by Reuser_is_God

Seems that he’s rated highly by everyone bar us.

In all fairness, unless Preston are selling a keeper or two, I imagine Crowe will be going as 3rd choice to them as well. Rudd and Maxwell are decent enough keepers for this level.

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 14:04 - Jun 5 with 4660 viewsitfcjoe

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 12:54 - Jun 5 by PhilTWTD

Gerks was considered over his injury at that point, only to aggravate either during or after that match. Was highly-rated enough to be kept on for six years, was surprised he was released to be honest.

I'd heard back in December that Webster didn't think he'd ever make it here and had been really poor for a while.

But then he was on the bench for the whole 2nd half of the season - was Gerken considered over his injury? I'd heard he hadn't trained for weeks before the Leeds game and just one session that week and then subsequently he was out for the season......sounds like he had painkillers to get him through and wasn't at all fit.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 14:14 - Jun 5 with 4646 viewsPhilTWTD

Michael Crowe off to Preston... on 14:04 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

I'd heard back in December that Webster didn't think he'd ever make it here and had been really poor for a while.

But then he was on the bench for the whole 2nd half of the season - was Gerken considered over his injury? I'd heard he hadn't trained for weeks before the Leeds game and just one session that week and then subsequently he was out for the season......sounds like he had painkillers to get him through and wasn't at all fit.

They'd called off the search for a third keeper a week or so before Bart picked up his injury - which was the day before the Leeds game, I seem to recall - as they thought they'd got on top of Gerks's injury:

McCarthy Reveals Approach for Goldson With Loans or Bosmans Set to Replace Any Players Sold 5th Jan 2018 14:50
Town boss Mick McCarthy has revealed he has renewed his interest in Brighton defender Connor Goldson, who came close to joining the Blues on loan in August. McCarthy says that if he were to lose any of his first-teamers, with Bartosz Bialkowski interesting Crystal Palace and David McGoldrick linked with Cardiff and Birmingham, replacements would be most likely be loans or Bosman signings during what he says is “not an easy window”. 36

Evidently they hadn't and I was surprised they didn't bring anyone else in. Crowe really needed spells out on loan in addition to those he had had previously. Difficult period for a keeper 20-24, they need to play but no one seems to trust them enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024