Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? 19:35 - Jun 11 with 1850 viewsBrixtonBlue

I imagine there was more plastic dropped in the form of water bottles and cups than from Gary Barlow's ticker tape gun?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44443529

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 19:40 - Jun 11 with 1812 viewsfooters

Bottles and cups are much easier to pick up and recycle properly than plastic confetti. Doing it at the Eden project of all places is extremely silly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 19:50 - Jun 11 with 1783 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with them but they could have perhaps raised the issue in a nicer manner rather than going straight to 'appalled'. Perhaps some people just need to change the way they think and aren't deliberately trying to kill the planet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:16 - Jun 11 with 1732 viewsLord_Lucan

Why don't they just use paper confetti? It's biodegradable.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:18 - Jun 11 with 1724 viewsMullet

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 19:50 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

Agree with them but they could have perhaps raised the issue in a nicer manner rather than going straight to 'appalled'. Perhaps some people just need to change the way they think and aren't deliberately trying to kill the planet.

It did read like he'd spaffed anthrax at them didn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:19 - Jun 11 with 1725 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 19:40 - Jun 11 by footers

Bottles and cups are much easier to pick up and recycle properly than plastic confetti. Doing it at the Eden project of all places is extremely silly.

That works in theory. In reality we pay some Bangladeshi company to ‘recycle’ them and they end up in the biggest plastic slick known to man. Polluting even the deepest ocean trenches
I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:21 - Jun 11 with 1714 viewsKeno

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:16 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

why not just blast Gary Barlow out of canon

he's biodegradable and it would save a lot of noise pollution issues
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 20:34]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:27 - Jun 11 with 1696 viewsjeera

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:16 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

I have to say that was the first thing I thought.

And if it isn't already, why isn't confetti made from rice paper?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:28 - Jun 11 with 1691 viewsMullet

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:27 - Jun 11 by jeera

I'm sure these hippies would still have a paddy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:33 - Jun 11 with 1677 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:27 - Jun 11 by jeera

They would probably have used what's called Mylar confetti because it is shiny and flickers in the light - it's like a foil but it is a bit of a bastard to clear up, so most events don't bother as it blows away in a few days.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:35 - Jun 11 with 1659 viewsKeno

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:28 - Jun 11 by Mullet

I'm sure these hippies would still have a paddy.

its goes against the grain to them

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:47 - Jun 11 with 1614 viewsNBVJohn

‘Appalled to see plastic confetti littering the Eden project’

Add to that the simultaneous sound of him singing and, to quote another poster, ‘spaffing Anthrax’ is less of a crime against humanity.
I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:54 - Jun 11 with 1587 viewsjeera

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:35 - Jun 11 by Keno

its goes against the grain to them

The Beatles knew this decades ago.

"Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice paper confetti
In the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream"

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:58 - Jun 11 with 1568 viewsKeno

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:54 - Jun 11 by jeera

The Beatles knew this decades ago.

"Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice paper confetti
In the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream"

Paul Mc & John Lennon are reported o have first met in Wollton Parish Church where there is ahead stome for an Eleanor Rigby

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 21:06 - Jun 11 with 1541 viewsjeera

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 20:58 - Jun 11 by Keno

Paul Mc & John Lennon are reported o have first met in Wollton Parish Church where there is ahead stome for an Eleanor Rigby

I bet there was no plastic tinsel shiny stuff pumped out of some cannon at her send-off.

I'm against plastic as much as the next man, but this is all a bit OTT isn't it? on 21:26 - Jun 11 with 1507 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's more about the location they decided to do it in?

SB
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 21:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024