Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wingers 08:01 - Jun 29 with 2818 viewsWestover

I know PH wants wingers and yesterday we got Roberts on a free and I dont have a problem with that he is young and might improve but it now looks like we might take Rodmam as well but at 31 years old I'm against this one even though PH obviously knows him well, I think we should go for McKay (see video of him) he looks to have it all, he can certainly find a pass.
Wingers on 08:11 - Jun 29 with 2779 viewsHerbivore

We might go for both. Ideally you want two players for eAch position so even if we sign Rodman I think another winger would be good. I like the look of Rodman from what I've seen, his age is the thing that's against him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wingers on 08:34 - Jun 29 with 2704 viewsitfcjoe

I liked what I've seen of Rodman, but most Shrews fans don't expect he can step up to this level.

Ideally we need to have 4-5 wingers in the squad, so no issue with someone who knows Hurst and knows the system coming in and playing a rotation role in the squad though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wingers on 08:37 - Jun 29 with 2688 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Rodman = Tabb mark 2

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Wingers on 08:43 - Jun 29 with 2659 viewsWestover

Wingers on 08:37 - Jun 29 by BehindBlueEyes

Rodman = Tabb mark 2

Give him a 5 year contract then 😜
Wingers on 08:43 - Jun 29 with 2657 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Rodman = Tabb mark 2

Rodman is more attacking and is actually a winger and not a defensive centre mid.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Wingers on 08:45 - Jun 29 with 2639 viewsHerbivore

Rodman = Tabb mark 2

He's nothing like Tabb. He's very much attack minded and likes to commit players and run in behind. I think he got a good few goals and assists last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wingers on 08:47 - Jun 29 with 2632 viewsWestcountryblue

Rodman = Tabb mark 2

Rodman is technically gifted winger with a good turn of pace. He's played futsal for England !
Wingers on 08:53 - Jun 29 with 2604 viewsGuthrum

Wingers on 08:45 - Jun 29 by Herbivore

He's nothing like Tabb. He's very much attack minded and likes to commit players and run in behind. I think he got a good few goals and assists last season.

I'd say that's very much how Tabb (alternating with Stephen Hunt) was used in conjuction with Mings to provide an attacking threat down the left in McCarthy's most successful seasons.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Wingers on 08:58 - Jun 29 with 2582 viewsGuthrum

Wingers on 08:11 - Jun 29 by Herbivore

We might go for both. Ideally you want two players for eAch position so even if we sign Rodman I think another winger would be good. I like the look of Rodman from what I've seen, his age is the thing that's against him.

So long as the legs still work, age can be an advantage: Increased experience, skillset, match-craft, cunning, strength and stamina. Assured self-confidence as opposed to youthful bravado.

Wingers on 09:15 - Jun 29 with 2537 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends on the overall plan, one thing I noticed about Roberts was that he can play pretty much anywhere out wide and even can sit in the hole, so you could well see Hurst going to for 3 wingers, Striker, CB and that will be business done.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wingers on 12:18 - Jun 29 with 2335 viewsGuthrum

Wingers on 09:15 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

Depends on the overall plan, one thing I noticed about Roberts was that he can play pretty much anywhere out wide and even can sit in the hole, so you could well see Hurst going to for 3 wingers, Striker, CB and that will be business done.

Presumably sits in a hole so he can spring out and surprise defenders when least expecting it. Cunning.

Wingers on 12:23 - Jun 29 with 2293 viewsPJH

Wingers on 09:15 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

I think that you and he might find that we also need a goalkeeper(or two).

It would be great if we still had Bart and better still if he signed a new contract but with doubts about him being here and doubts about Gerken's fitness we might have about a month to get two competent goalkeepers in.
Wingers on 12:26 - Jun 29 with 2284 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wingers on 12:35 - Jun 29 with 2242 viewsSuperblue95

Wingers on 08:43 - Jun 29 by Westover

Give him a 5 year contract then 😜

I didn't know you had a second account WKJ

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Wingers on 13:21 - Jun 29 with 2145 viewsWestover

Wingers on 12:35 - Jun 29 by Superblue95

I didn't know you had a second account WKJ

If he has it's not me 😠
Wingers on 17:18 - Jun 29 with 1993 viewsmeekreech

So Hurst is already casting out ward and Rowe in favour of an old friend and a freebie of dubious quality with a very patchy record !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Wingers on 17:22 - Jun 29 with 1967 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Wingers on 17:18 - Jun 29 by meekreech

So Hurst is already casting out ward and Rowe in favour of an old friend and a freebie of dubious quality with a very patchy record !

I've missed the memo where he's said Ward and Rowe won't get a chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024