Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me 13:05 - Jul 22 with 4308 viewsMullet

Clearly he can take a header, but he doesn't look dominant in the air, or the type to play it off and bring others in. He seems more like someone who leads the line.

Good turn of pace and whilst not always the cleanest of hits he scores with either foot there, and likes to beat the offside trap and fire across keepers. One or two more extravagant goals and finishes but he reminds a bit of Ivan Toney and how he was used previously in the lower leagues.

At the risk of being uncharitable I don't see someone who comes in and drags our team along. Seems like a squad player we hope we can sell on. Does leave questions over Waghorn and Garner as well as where Folami and Morris get game time.

This tweet seems to have sparked things off and the guy is neither prolific on twitter, or seemingly posting lots of random guff. He is claiming links to the board hence why the journalists might have come out this morning and got confirmation the player is off.

Interesting under this fans admit he's "shut a few up" and got more stick than most, which suggests a player on the up. Sounds like a player who wants it, as it were. Especially when you listen to him talk about his late goal of the month below.

12/44 last season and 8/37 the season before puts him around 1 in 4 at League 1. 2/10 for Wales u21's and he only made 2 appearances at Hartlepool before the injury he mentions above.

Seems to be exactly the sort of X factor player fans were demanding, plus y'know Marcus Stewart was from Brizzle ia Huddersfield so that's tenuous enough to be a solid gold omen innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:18 - Jul 22 with 4218 viewschristiand

Right Mullet, you’ve made the cardinal sin here....whipped us all up in a frenzy with this footage and he’ll end up signing for Blackburn Rovers!!! Certainly agree, he looks a striker that can score all types of goals, just hope it is us he is joining tomorrow 🤞🏻

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 4195 viewschicoazul

I'm hoping he is a replacement for Sears.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 4188 viewsSimonds92

Those clips make him look like a very good player but stats wise he's not prolific so is he the type that can be annonymous for 5 games and unplayable for 1 or has he had injury problems?
Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 4142 viewsMullet

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:18 - Jul 22 by christiand

Right Mullet, you’ve made the cardinal sin here....whipped us all up in a frenzy with this footage and he’ll end up signing for Blackburn Rovers!!! Certainly agree, he looks a striker that can score all types of goals, just hope it is us he is joining tomorrow 🤞🏻

I'm not averse to TWTD public opinion purgatory to be honest am I? He may well go to Blackburn, and if he does it leads to a few questions as to the sorts of players we are targeting and who we are competing with.

To me he just looks like someone who will come off the bench and start the odd game like Sears and the hope being he takes his chances to fix himself into the side. Reading between the lines of those sources, Rovers fans' comments and his stats he looks like he'll shank a few into the stands before finding the net in a game too.

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:37 - Jul 22 with 4075 viewsMullet

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:20 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

I'm hoping he is a replacement for Sears.

The winger scenario would be far clearer if we saw Rowe back now or not. Ward and Edwards as wonky wingers seems the likely option with Roberts able to deputise for either and play up top. You'd think if Sears is happy remaining as a squad player then that's that.

I can't imagine a better deal lower down for him or many takers without us paying his wages so he'll stay put I'd guess.

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:57 - Jul 22 with 3983 viewschristiand

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:26 - Jul 22 by Mullet

I'm not averse to TWTD public opinion purgatory to be honest am I? He may well go to Blackburn, and if he does it leads to a few questions as to the sorts of players we are targeting and who we are competing with.

To me he just looks like someone who will come off the bench and start the odd game like Sears and the hope being he takes his chances to fix himself into the side. Reading between the lines of those sources, Rovers fans' comments and his stats he looks like he'll shank a few into the stands before finding the net in a game too.

Certainly looks like he has many qualities that will suit the system PH is trying to implement. Think he would be an exciting addition. Good research on your part Mullet, I couldn’t help myself with a tongue in cheek comment!!! 😉Hope we can get this Tilt signing done too, think he’d be a very good addition to our central defence.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:08 - Jul 22 with 3909 viewsthorpedo

I love Ellie Harrison on Counrtyfile, let's hope she's as good at football!

Thorpedo

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:27 - Jul 22 with 3830 viewsSWGF

Now you've got the summer off, I'm sure you could put the effort in and create a video reel which makes Frank Nouble look like a world beater.

Proof's in the pudding & I'll have a taste of that pudding at MK on Tuesday.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:29 - Jul 22 with 3816 viewschicoazul

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:37 - Jul 22 by Mullet

The winger scenario would be far clearer if we saw Rowe back now or not. Ward and Edwards as wonky wingers seems the likely option with Roberts able to deputise for either and play up top. You'd think if Sears is happy remaining as a squad player then that's that.

I can't imagine a better deal lower down for him or many takers without us paying his wages so he'll stay put I'd guess.

Depends really, if Sears wants to be playing football then he probably needs to move on. Expect he wont be here next season unless he has a stormer and we offer him a great deal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:30 - Jul 22 with 3821 viewsclive_baker

I’m not one to be critical but I’ve seen a lot of Bristol Rovers and a lot of Harrison. He’s distinctly average IMO, wasteful in front of goal and really frustrating to watch. He’s very rough around the edges and while he might’ve shut some doubters up, he’s got a long way to go. Encouragingly he has improved, and I feel like he might be a late bloomer in that respect if he can continue on a similar trajectory. He’s a punt though, no doubt about that. If he’s regarded as a replacement for a departing Waggy I would be a little concerned.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:35 - Jul 22 with 3786 viewsSteve_M

*goes to look for that video of Priskin from Summer 2009*

Yep, it looks impressive although I would hope we've watched a lot more of him than a few goals if we are bidding £1m+.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:37 - Jul 22 with 3763 viewsMullet

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:30 - Jul 22 by clive_baker

I’m not one to be critical but I’ve seen a lot of Bristol Rovers and a lot of Harrison. He’s distinctly average IMO, wasteful in front of goal and really frustrating to watch. He’s very rough around the edges and while he might’ve shut some doubters up, he’s got a long way to go. Encouragingly he has improved, and I feel like he might be a late bloomer in that respect if he can continue on a similar trajectory. He’s a punt though, no doubt about that. If he’s regarded as a replacement for a departing Waggy I would be a little concerned.

I really can't see him replacing Waghorn at all, arguably McGoldrick in terms of fitness to cost ratio but even then, you'd hope he's a 3rd choice striker initially and Bradshaw might be the one coming in.

Still feels like Garner will go and Waghorn would only go for an incredible amount, which might be me being wildly optimistic with the evidence presented.

He's roughly the same size as Garner isn't he? But totally the opposite kind of front man and with Waghorn being put at 10, Bradshaw linked and the chance of Huws or Folami making an impact that's how I read it.

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:38 - Jul 22 with 3751 viewsMullet

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 14:27 - Jul 22 by SWGF

Now you've got the summer off, I'm sure you could put the effort in and create a video reel which makes Frank Nouble look like a world beater.

Proof's in the pudding & I'll have a taste of that pudding at MK on Tuesday.

I'm making a few of the August/September games so won't be getting my fingers or chin sticky on Paul's pudding until the Blackburn game whereupon my feasting commences.

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 15:52 - Jul 22 with 3537 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some good attributes but very loose on the ball to be honest. Doesnt exactly keep it close. Apparently not a great finisher. Not signing the finished article here but potential. Hopefully he'll make most of the opportunity!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 19:34]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 16:53 - Jul 22 with 3370 viewsgingerbond

Let's face it if he was prolific and the finished article he wouldn't be signing for us. Looks plenty of ability for Hurst and the coaches to work on though.
Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 17:24 - Jul 22 with 3300 viewsCurrie10

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 13:21 - Jul 22 by Simonds92

Those clips make him look like a very good player but stats wise he's not prolific so is he the type that can be annonymous for 5 games and unplayable for 1 or has he had injury problems?

This.

Not sure he's anywhere near strong enough to be our #9, and bucket loads of injury problems.

Even when fit, not a guaranteed starter at the mem.

Up for having him, worth a go, but have a feeling he'll be a wide forward left. Not #9.
Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 19:34 - Jul 22 with 3167 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 16:53 - Jul 22 by gingerbond

Let's face it if he was prolific and the finished article he wouldn't be signing for us. Looks plenty of ability for Hurst and the coaches to work on though.

I agree.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 21:36 - Jul 22 with 2988 viewsMullet

Ellis Harrison looks like a complete centre forward to me on 16:53 - Jul 22 by gingerbond

The one potential plus with this current policy on incoming players is that Hurst and Doig definitely have to prove themselves. Players never win everybody over, but I just hope we don't start badly. At the minute we look like a squad that could quickly tailspin if the same negativity comes back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024