Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? 10:32 - Aug 18 with 1655 viewsBobbychase

Puzzled as to how we've gone from a wave of optimism around new era and lots of signings to people fretting in the space of three games.

It essentially comes down to the Rotherham match, a game we dominated and probably should have won but lost to a late sucker punch. Win that one and we'd be on four points, unbeaten in the league and just annoyed about the cup exit. We'd be somewhere between 6th-8th in the table.

We're in danger of talking ourselves into a crisis.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 10:34 - Aug 18 with 1631 viewsSuperblue95

And Rotherham have been a bit of a bogey team of ours in recent years anyway

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 10:35 - Aug 18 with 1626 viewspointofblue

I think a decent performance and result at Exeter would have quelled some of the panic. As it is, the League Two side rested some players - arguably more than we did - and still matched us throughout the game. But yes, if we’d managed to beat Rotherham maybe the Cup result wouldn’t be treated in the same way by some.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 10:42 - Aug 18 with 1592 viewsbraveblue

More to do with people realising we are so short of cover and experience. Signing young, hungry players is the right way to go I think. But Evans could have spent some of the £5m profit he made on transfers on an experienced player with some value to add. As usual, he let everyone down.

I still think we will be ok but need no panic as upcoming run of games could be tough.
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 10:48 - Aug 18 with 1577 viewsArnieM

Generally we are playing ok, we're just not functioning as a team yet. Nor are taking our many created chances, so lack a clinical end to our attacks. This will change, as the players gel (yes, that term again), but its a fact.

I think it will take the majority of this season. But I doubt we will go down.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:09 - Aug 18 with 1543 viewsBinner

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 10:34 - Aug 18 by Superblue95

And Rotherham have been a bit of a bogey team of ours in recent years anyway

Villa also a bogey team for us.

This is pasted from BBC website...
Match facts:
- Ipswich are winless in their last nine home league games against Aston Villa (D4 L5) since a 3-0 win in the top-flight in September 1984.
- Aston Villa have won nine of their last 12 matches against Ipswich in all competitions (D2 L1), winning both matches last season in the Championship.
- Ipswich have scored just nine goals in their last 19 league matches against Aston Villa, failing to score in any of their last three league games against them at Portman Road.
- Steve Bruce has won his last four visits to Portman Road in all competitions, with those victories coming with three different clubs (Wigan, Hull and Aston Villa).

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:12 - Aug 18 with 1529 viewsPJH

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:09 - Aug 18 by Binner

Match facts:
- Ipswich are winless in their last nine home league games against Aston Villa (D4 L5) since a 3-0 win in the top-flight in September 1984.
- Aston Villa have won nine of their last 12 matches against Ipswich in all competitions (D2 L1), winning both matches last season in the Championship.
- Ipswich have scored just nine goals in their last 19 league matches against Aston Villa, failing to score in any of their last three league games against them at Portman Road.
- Steve Bruce has won his last four visits to Portman Road in all competitions, with those victories coming with three different clubs (Wigan, Hull and Aston Villa).

We did beat them on 28th April 1962 to win The League though.
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:15 - Aug 18 with 1510 viewsDarth_Koont

It was a poor result but that's especially because of the first half performance which deserved a one or two goal lead.

Most people won't have seen that but I thought we were much, much better than we were at any stage in the match against Blackburn.

Villa are tougher but I'm confident we're going to see a better performance than against Blackburn. The result is up in the air though as Villa are clearly a very good side.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:55 - Aug 18 with 1429 viewsVic

Match facts:

Thanks, that’s made me feel much better!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 1365 viewsmonty_radio

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:12 - Aug 18 by PJH

We did beat them on 28th April 1962 to win The League though.

Crawford's "barge" wouldn't survive V.A.R.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 12:35 - Aug 18 with 1344 viewsBinner

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 11:55 - Aug 18 by Vic

Thanks, that’s made me feel much better!

Glad to be of service

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 12:43 - Aug 18 with 1327 viewspatrickswell

I think the 50 odd minutes in which we looked like we were pushing custard up a hill against Blackburn can also be added to the ledger. Ben Morris got us going again allied to Gwion Edwards coming on strong in the last 10 minutes again. But as a calling card, it was OK rather than revelatory.
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 12:52 - Aug 18 with 1307 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Match facts:

I find it hard to really take a 'bogey team' tag seriously when it's spread across so many years as our head-to-head with Villa. Most of the matches those stats refer to took place before 2002 when both clubs were in very different positions.

Rotherham aren't exactly what I'd call a bogey team but we've played them with much greater regularity in recent times, and given they've consistently been below us in league standings for most of that time, it's surprising we haven't seen them off more often. Am I right in thinking we've visited the New York Stadium four times and lost three of them? (Albeit the other was a 5-2 win!)
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 14:40 - Aug 18 with 1173 viewspatrickswell

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 12:52 - Aug 18 by NoCanariesAllowed

I find it hard to really take a 'bogey team' tag seriously when it's spread across so many years as our head-to-head with Villa. Most of the matches those stats refer to took place before 2002 when both clubs were in very different positions.

Rotherham aren't exactly what I'd call a bogey team but we've played them with much greater regularity in recent times, and given they've consistently been below us in league standings for most of that time, it's surprising we haven't seen them off more often. Am I right in thinking we've visited the New York Stadium four times and lost three of them? (Albeit the other was a 5-2 win!)

That’s right. Rotherham have beaten us in 3 of the last 4 meetings between the sides and but for McGoldrick’s 96th minute goal at PR in October 2016, it would be 4 out of 4.

If you’ll forgive me going Ron Manager for a moment, I saw us beat Rotherham 2-0 at Portman Road in September 2014. Before walking down to the ground that day, I saw two little boys get out of a car across from where I was parked. One had an Ipswich shirt on and the other had a Rotherham shirt on. When we were 2 up in that game inside 6 minutes, I found myself hoping that the Ipswich kid wouldn’t rub it in too much to his Rotherham supporting mate/relative. Damn me and my compassion because the record in meetings since that game?
Ipswich 1
Rotherham 4
Draws 1
This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 16:43 - Aug 18 with 1025 viewsSwansea_Blue

Simply, the wave of optimism before we’d seen us kick a ball competitively was way too soon. Too soon now to swing the other way too. But it’ll be a tough season given all the changes and lack of experience at this level.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is ALL about the Rotherham game isn't it? on 16:51 - Aug 18 with 1004 viewsBenters2

Sadly its people like you making YET ANOTHER THREAD about the same old crap.

Im listening to the game and have heard NOTHING but support from the Towen fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024