Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nydam 10:24 - Aug 23 with 4083 viewsCaptMickMills

I support Hurst and think he is a breath of fresh air.

However I am puzzled by the sidelining of Nydam who has more Championship experience than most of the regular 11 selected this season.

He is versatile and could play wide left or in midfield. He is tenacious with good technical ability and would suit Hurst's style of play more so than MM's approach.

Not saying he should play every game but should be in 18. Not sure that Edun is significantly better.

What does anyone else think?
Nydam on 10:34 - Aug 23 with 3452 viewskozmik

I am fast getting disillusioned, PH's tactics may well have worked OK in L1, but the championship is a different ball game. I am prepared to give the man time, but i do worry that we will be involved in a horrible relegation fight before it all comes good. Will he ever play 2 up front? Will he give Dozzell, Nydam, Morris, Emmanuel etc a chance? Is he is stubborn as MM?

Supporter since 1965

Nydam on 10:40 - Aug 23 with 3421 viewsReuser_is_God

I agree.

Phil, can you ask what the situation is with Nydam at the presser today?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Nydam on 10:52 - Aug 23 with 3372 viewsKieran_Knows

Not that I disagree with anything that you're saying, but where would Nydam currently fit in?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nydam on 11:14 - Aug 23 with 3316 viewsgloucester_tractor

Nydam on 10:34 - Aug 23 by kozmik

I am fast getting disillusioned, PH's tactics may well have worked OK in L1, but the championship is a different ball game. I am prepared to give the man time, but i do worry that we will be involved in a horrible relegation fight before it all comes good. Will he ever play 2 up front? Will he give Dozzell, Nydam, Morris, Emmanuel etc a chance? Is he is stubborn as MM?

Morris looks like a good bet off the bench as he continues to learn , Dozzell not yet ready for champ return due to his injury.
any dam is the question as he was in the plans of last two managers , does PH want him playing week in week out until Jan then use him for use , if so its taking time to get a loan sorted.

Yes we need centre back cover , but re strikers are we saying what we have is not good enough after four games , because if we get one in both Morris and the other young guns will be no were near the squad

Son of GUS

Nydam on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 3302 viewsitfcjoe

I agree, he was excellent in pre season and a really good presser which is what I thought was key to Hurst's system.

I'd really like to see him back in the 18 as really seemed to be finding his feet at this level towards the back end of last season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nydam on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 3289 viewsPhilTWTD

Nydam on 10:40 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

I agree.

Phil, can you ask what the situation is with Nydam at the presser today?

Don't think there's any mystery, he's been in the wider squad for all or most of the games so far but hasn't made the bench. I assume he travelled on Tuesday although I didn't see him. PH has said he's one he has spoken to about going out on loan.
Nydam on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 3277 viewsBiGDonnie

Agreed. Same could be said fro Dozzell, Emmanuel, Woolfie (when he was fit) and even Morris to a lesser extent. Fast becoming disillusioned with it all. I was really hoping PH would use these players and build for the future, instead he's bought a load of older, similar ability players for big money and pushed these boys further down the pecking order.

Had MM been here, I think we'd have seen more of them all.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 3230 viewscbower

Nydam on 11:16 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

I agree, he was excellent in pre season and a really good presser which is what I thought was key to Hurst's system.

I'd really like to see him back in the 18 as really seemed to be finding his feet at this level towards the back end of last season

He seemed to be in the plans all pre season and then nowhere to be seen. As stated, he presses very well, has bags of energy and is technically decent too. Kind of stumped as to how he seems so far from the picture that he didn't even make the 18 at Exeter. In addition, Hurst must not have been impressed at all with Emmanuel at Rotherham as he seems even further away.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 3222 viewsKieran_Knows

What's your thoughts on Emmanuel, Joe?

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 3221 viewsGarv

I think Edun is significantly better personally, but otherwise I completely agree.

Not having him in the squad, especially when Edun was suspended, was puzzling. Obviously it could be because he's going on loan, but it's debatable whether that's the best option anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nydam on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 3212 viewsKieran_Knows

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 by Garv

I think Edun is significantly better personally, but otherwise I completely agree.

Not having him in the squad, especially when Edun was suspended, was puzzling. Obviously it could be because he's going on loan, but it's debatable whether that's the best option anyway.

I get the impression that Hurst probably see's Edun a year further ahead in his development, than Nydam, as they both seem similar players.

From the little I've seen of Edun, he seem's a very tidy player, but given the plethora of centre mid options we already had/have, could we have done without him and giving Nydam more game time instead?

Nydam on 11:31 - Aug 23 with 3191 viewsBluefish

Nydam on 11:18 - Aug 23 by PhilTWTD

Don't think there's any mystery, he's been in the wider squad for all or most of the games so far but hasn't made the bench. I assume he travelled on Tuesday although I didn't see him. PH has said he's one he has spoken to about going out on loan.

Can you ask about a new contract for Jonas please?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nydam on 11:33 - Aug 23 with 3177 viewsGuthrum

He's still only 18. And I'm not sure Nydam's 18 Championship appearances really trumps Nolan's 232 in all (lower) divisions as being an experienced footballer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nydam on 11:34 - Aug 23 with 3166 viewsITFCBlues

Who would you drop to get him in? Perhaps Chalobah or Skuse?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Nydam on 11:35 - Aug 23 with 3159 viewsSteve_M

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Mine are that he isn't good enough at either end of the pitch for this level, I thought he looked bright at Barnet for about ten minutes before reverting to being ponderous on the ball.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nydam on 11:35 - Aug 23 with 3156 viewsGarv

Nydam on 11:29 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

I get the impression that Hurst probably see's Edun a year further ahead in his development, than Nydam, as they both seem similar players.

From the little I've seen of Edun, he seem's a very tidy player, but given the plethora of centre mid options we already had/have, could we have done without him and giving Nydam more game time instead?

Perhaps, but if the potential plan is to use Edun as an attacking left midfielder, it could be a question whether Nydam can do that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nydam on 11:38 - Aug 23 with 3131 viewsKieran_Knows

Nydam on 11:35 - Aug 23 by Steve_M

Mine are that he isn't good enough at either end of the pitch for this level, I thought he looked bright at Barnet for about ten minutes before reverting to being ponderous on the ball.

Haven't seen anything on him since he's been back, but I did feel the loan spell last season was certainly needed. Surprised Rotherham haven't come back in for him if i'm being honest, given he was their young player of the season (IIRC?).

Nydam on 11:39 - Aug 23 with 3124 viewsKieran_Knows

Nydam on 11:35 - Aug 23 by Garv

Perhaps, but if the potential plan is to use Edun as an attacking left midfielder, it could be a question whether Nydam can do that.

True. I think that might be a slight down fall for both Nydam and Edun, neither really seem to have a 'nailed down' position yet.

Nydam on 11:42 - Aug 23 with 3108 viewsSteve_M

Nydam on 11:38 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Haven't seen anything on him since he's been back, but I did feel the loan spell last season was certainly needed. Surprised Rotherham haven't come back in for him if i'm being honest, given he was their young player of the season (IIRC?).

I think they signed a right back just before the start of the season. You are correct on that last point, he's definitely shown himself capable of playing in League 1 regularly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nydam on 11:51 - Aug 23 with 3050 viewsBluebell

As much as I think Nydam is a good player he does seem to get pushed off the ball a lot. He is quite lightweight.

Something I have noticed with Dozzell too.
Nydam on 11:52 - Aug 23 with 3044 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam on 11:27 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

I personally don't particularly rate him, just find him a bit too cumbersome. Decent enough going forwards though but struggles to defend well unless it is just one v one defending and he is fronted up.

He did well enough at Rotherham to deserve another look at him, but the fact Hurst sees him as behind Donacien and Spence doesn't really surprise me

Nydam on 11:53 - Aug 23 with 3034 viewsitfcjoe

Nydam on 11:34 - Aug 23 by ITFCBlues

Who would you drop to get him in? Perhaps Chalobah or Skuse?

I wouldn't necessarily start him, but think he'd work well in one of the advanced role as someone pressing from the front to stop the other team playing. Sort of how Ji Sung park used to play for Man U

Nydam on 11:54 - Aug 23 with 3032 viewsFixed_It

Nydam on 11:51 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

As much as I think Nydam is a good player he does seem to get pushed off the ball a lot. He is quite lightweight.

Something I have noticed with Dozzell too.

It might be something to do with their age, of course. Give them time. Connor Wickham was the exception.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nydam on 11:54 - Aug 23 with 3032 viewsBuyoutclause

I don't think him going out on loan to a L1 team and being a regular would do any harm for him. It seems he is unlikely to be a regular here, especially should the injured players come back- a season in the U23s would be of little benefit.

Just a surprise we haven't seen any links with him going out on loan, although maybe Hurst is waiting for Rowe/Bishop to be fully fit before letting him leave.
Nydam on 11:55 - Aug 23 with 3019 viewsBuyoutclause

Nydam on 11:52 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

I personally don't particularly rate him, just find him a bit too cumbersome. Decent enough going forwards though but struggles to defend well unless it is just one v one defending and he is fronted up.

He did well enough at Rotherham to deserve another look at him, but the fact Hurst sees him as behind Donacien and Spence doesn't really surprise me

He seems to have a lot of attributes to be a CB, wonder if that he where he may end up playing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024