Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them 14:05 - Aug 23 with 1972 viewsMullet

"They're easier now" or any other dismissive sh1t, make sure they are ignored.

Higher than expected grade boundaries in my subjects, and others, big gaps in the middle grades for what's considered pass/fail too. Experimental specifications, poor communication from the government and exam boards and all sorts of hurdles. This year's kids have had it rougher than most ever will.

So whatever they got, well done and I hope loads of you are toasting successes tonight.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:33]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:14 - Aug 23 with 1922 viewsBluefish

At least they will have it easy to buy houses though, not like today's 30 year olds

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:28 - Aug 23 with 1880 viewsjudespiveyg

Thanks Mullet, got mine today and was glad my hard work paid off as I passed everything with at least a 6.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:30 - Aug 23 with 1871 viewsDanTheMan

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:28 - Aug 23 by judespiveyg

Thanks Mullet, got mine today and was glad my hard work paid off as I passed everything with at least a 6.

Congrats!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:43 - Aug 23 with 1830 viewssotd78

This is going right back to the old O level grades. Anyone who got 1 to 6 was considered to be a pass mark. getting grade 1 or 2 was very difficult. Needless to say I got grades 3 through 9.
This year's changeover kids have had it very tough indeed.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:44 - Aug 23 with 1830 viewsclogger

Agree totally, mixed bag for the kids that I tutor and the classes I got to teach since Christmas, but my own lad got 6,s 7,s and two 8's so over the moon!!
If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:00 - Aug 23 with 1794 viewsMullet

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:43 - Aug 23 by sotd78

This is going right back to the old O level grades. Anyone who got 1 to 6 was considered to be a pass mark. getting grade 1 or 2 was very difficult. Needless to say I got grades 3 through 9.
This year's changeover kids have had it very tough indeed.

Yep, first this and then Brexit, and Gove is still walking around out there. A mad world indeed.

There are some positives at least, in that professionals got to shape a lot of the content eventually but the process has, in my opinion been criminal from the government's attitude of "it did me no harm, so must be best for everyone".

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:01 - Aug 23 with 1786 viewsMullet

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:44 - Aug 23 by clogger

Agree totally, mixed bag for the kids that I tutor and the classes I got to teach since Christmas, but my own lad got 6,s 7,s and two 8's so over the moon!!

Well done to him, make sure he picks a northern University with grades like that after A levels.

Makes a handy base for away games as my old man will attest!

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:22 - Aug 23 with 1753 viewsitfcjoe

How does the grading work now? This talk of 6s and 7s is confusing me in my early 30s....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 1743 viewsDanTheMan

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:22 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

How does the grading work now? This talk of 6s and 7s is confusing me in my early 30s....

Basically this

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:28 - Aug 23 with 1726 viewsitfcjoe

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:24 - Aug 23 by DanTheMan

Basically this

Be interested to see how a 'C' came out which was always viewed a s a pass for me - is it a 4, a 5, or a 4.5......?!

Letters seems so much better than numbers for grades, numbers just don't sit right and will confuse - "I got 5 6s and 6 7s, or is it 6 5s and 7 6s....!"

That's enough of me musing - hopefully everyone who got their grades today is happy with what they got!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:57 - Aug 23 with 1655 viewsMullet

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 15:28 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

Be interested to see how a 'C' came out which was always viewed a s a pass for me - is it a 4, a 5, or a 4.5......?!

Letters seems so much better than numbers for grades, numbers just don't sit right and will confuse - "I got 5 6s and 6 7s, or is it 6 5s and 7 6s....!"

That's enough of me musing - hopefully everyone who got their grades today is happy with what they got!

You're where we were a couple of years ago!

The idea being that a 9 would be an A** and didn't exist previously so the top 5% in the country are recognised. The rest then correlate down with 4 and 5 meaning there is more room for a pass.

What seems to have happened this morning is they have just made it harder to hit that 4 and then once you do the grade above are slightly more squished so every mark becomes vital.

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 1628 viewsTractorWood

"Children get handed every thing now"

Steve, 42 who didn't pay a penny for his 3 year degree.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 1628 viewsPinewoodblue

If you or your kids got their GCSE results today and anyone tells them on 14:28 - Aug 23 by judespiveyg

New grades confused me. When I went took O levels you aimed for 1,2 or 3. Why do they feel the need to change things every so often?

Remember when eldest took her exams her school was involved in a test run for GCSEs. She got both GCSEs and O levels at the same time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024