Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turning on Hurst so soon 00:23 - Sep 18 with 4917 viewsstewartm

I can understand the people questioning turning on Hurst so quick but we can only say what we see. Some one mentioned how great we were against Villa, did we win? And Villa do not look much cop either. It's simple, the football and selections are very bad and yes it is time to panick so quickly! I hope I am wrong and we bash Brentford, I will be the first to post an apology, I will always support Ipswich no matter what. I will repost this again after tomorrow's match because if things do not change (better team selection and performance) Brentford will maul us!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 0:28]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 03:00 - Sep 18 with 4368 viewsSpruceMoose

Don't be a wimp. Hold the damn line, man.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Turning on Hurst so soon on 03:06 - Sep 18 with 4362 viewstextbackup

no manager is above criticism, they can all be questioned by fans, football has been that way forever.

but after 7 games its a bit silly to be going so OTT with multiple posts dialy about it.

yes he's made some strange decisions, but he's new here and he will make mistakes while he finds his feet.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Turning on Hurst so soon on 06:33 - Sep 18 with 4277 viewsArnieM

Hmm lets think about this for a minute .

ELEVEN new Players
MOST making that STEP UP in football level.
MOST needing TIME to ADJUST

yip, I reckon SEVEN GAMES should be plenty of TIME

FFS man ( and a few others) give Hurst TIME to get it right !!
His principles are essentially bang on the money. But he needs TIME to mould the squad he has assembled. The Players need TIME to adjust to Championship football.

In the old days it would be known as a TRANSITIONAL period.

SEVEN games deemed enough now is it ??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Turning on Hurst so soon on 07:31 - Sep 18 with 4204 viewsgordon

I suppose the question for Hurst is what the transfer strategy will be next summer if we stay up. I don't expect we'll be looking to get rid of too many more senior players to take punts on L1/L2 players, unless Harrison, Jackson and Nolan do come good.

My guess is that by the end of a bruising, relegation-threatened season, Hurst will understand the value of senior pros and experience at this level, and he'll bring in a few Peter Whittingham / Richard Keogh / Billy Sharp types to pad out the squad. We'll have a few less loanees, but the ones we do bring in will be stand-out players to add that extra bit of goal-scoring quality, he'll use our own young players a bit more but will still be criticised for doing so, and he'll get us to finish 14-16th in the league for a couple of years, which he'll think is a pretty decent achievement, but the fans will still be a bit disappointed, so he'll get a bit defensive and narky towards the fans in the pressers, Marcus Evans will go awol, the club will be seem like it's adrift, attendances will drop off, and over the course of his four years at the club Ellis Harrison will score 9 goals, before rejoining Bristol Rovers on a free.
Turning on Hurst so soon on 07:47 - Sep 18 with 4172 viewsHerbivore

So if we beat Brentford then it will mean that you're wrong? Hurst is either decent or crap on a game by game basis in your world then? After 7 games you've decided that we need to be looking for a new manager to replace Hurst and yet if we win our 8th game under him you'll apologise. Have a fcking word with yourself you clown.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 8:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:20 - Sep 18 with 4106 viewsCurlyPete

Turning on Hurst so soon on 06:33 - Sep 18 by ArnieM

ELEVEN new Players

His principles are essentially bang on the money. But he needs TIME to mould the squad he has assembled. The Players need TIME to adjust to Championship football.

WHAT if the players signed are not GOOD enough ?
{i like the idea of random words in capitals too}
Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:23 - Sep 18 with 4099 viewsitfcjoe

Why is it all the cult of personality - I've been critical of some of what Hurst has done, but I listen to him and he seems to talk sense, and then I hear other things etc.

But I certainly am not 'turning on' him, I just question and criticise when I think it's fair like I would any manager.

Why is everything so polarised - why do people have to be painted into positions they aren't taking?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:29 - Sep 18 with 4064 viewsHerbivore

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:23 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

Why is it all the cult of personality - I've been critical of some of what Hurst has done, but I listen to him and he seems to talk sense, and then I hear other things etc.

But I certainly am not 'turning on' him, I just question and criticise when I think it's fair like I would any manager.

Why is everything so polarised - why do people have to be painted into positions they aren't taking?

It seems that those who viewed the world purely in terms of inners and outers now have to see the world as being pro-Hurst or anti-Hurst. The world is fvcked.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:30 - Sep 18 with 4063 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Turning on Hurst so soon on 07:31 - Sep 18 by gordon

I suppose the question for Hurst is what the transfer strategy will be next summer if we stay up. I don't expect we'll be looking to get rid of too many more senior players to take punts on L1/L2 players, unless Harrison, Jackson and Nolan do come good.

My guess is that by the end of a bruising, relegation-threatened season, Hurst will understand the value of senior pros and experience at this level, and he'll bring in a few Peter Whittingham / Richard Keogh / Billy Sharp types to pad out the squad. We'll have a few less loanees, but the ones we do bring in will be stand-out players to add that extra bit of goal-scoring quality, he'll use our own young players a bit more but will still be criticised for doing so, and he'll get us to finish 14-16th in the league for a couple of years, which he'll think is a pretty decent achievement, but the fans will still be a bit disappointed, so he'll get a bit defensive and narky towards the fans in the pressers, Marcus Evans will go awol, the club will be seem like it's adrift, attendances will drop off, and over the course of his four years at the club Ellis Harrison will score 9 goals, before rejoining Bristol Rovers on a free.

I think nine goals is ambitious.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:33 - Sep 18 with 4057 viewsCurlyPete

Hurst certainly talks a good game, its his decision making that is, to say the least, very confusing
Turning on Hurst so soon on 09:08 - Sep 18 with 3993 viewsFrimleyBlue

Turning on Hurst so soon on 06:33 - Sep 18 by ArnieM

ELEVEN new Players

You've included probably the biggest reason why this season could be a worrying one.

MOST making that STEP UP in football level

Now, I completely understand why our own youngsters are drafted in occasionally, I also understand why some have been sent on loan

However, What I think is Hursts biggest problem, is whilst he himself is learning the level, he should have leant on those who already know it. Not bring what 8 players who have never played this level?

Thing is, in 6 months time we could have a great squad, they've got used to the league, timings of runs, how much time you get on the ball etc.......... BUT how far away from safety will we be, that's the concern at this moment In time.

Was thinking about training the other day, and beside set pieces, what experience do we have when it comes to training when playing an 11 v 11? pretty much any experience we have is in the 1st team squad so effectively we'd have a strong 11 v an inexperienced 11, which is why I understand why training games doesn't translate into league games.

Sure they'd be mixed up a bit, but realistically you'd always be looking at your potential starting 11 v subs/fringe. And whilst we have a big squad, it's not filled with experience.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Turning on Hurst so soon on 09:31 - Sep 18 with 3952 viewsstewartm

Turning on Hurst so soon on 07:47 - Sep 18 by Herbivore

So if we beat Brentford then it will mean that you're wrong? Hurst is either decent or crap on a game by game basis in your world then? After 7 games you've decided that we need to be looking for a new manager to replace Hurst and yet if we win our 8th game under him you'll apologise. Have a fcking word with yourself you clown.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 8:09]

No it does not mean he is suddenly good but if we win I will have to go hide for a while from weirdos like you who seem to be happy about our current plight, I mean where the fook is our next win going to come from? we cannot even score!

ps- not next win but first win. Still not to worry they were lions against Villa...weirdos is being polite.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 9:33]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:13 - Sep 18 with 3912 viewsrgp1

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:33 - Sep 18 by CurlyPete

Hurst certainly talks a good game, its his decision making that is, to say the least, very confusing

Seemed that he went right back on his principles at Hull and reverted to hoofing.
Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 3902 viewsFrimleyBlue

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:13 - Sep 18 by rgp1

Seemed that he went right back on his principles at Hull and reverted to hoofing.

I don't think 100% of the blame needs to go to Hurst on the hoofing, after all he can't kick the ball.

However, the lineup he can take fault for, but also it's his job as manager to ensure his players play the way he wants them too, so tonight needs to see a footballing approach, otherwise if it is hoof, then clearly this is actually a hurst plan and not just down to the players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:26 - Sep 18 with 3887 viewsCurlyPete

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:13 - Sep 18 by rgp1

The Norwich performance was also quite hoofy, it coincides with loan signing of Walters, who, incidentally Hurst is playing out of position
Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:29 - Sep 18 with 3879 viewschicoazul

You must be new here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:32 - Sep 18 with 3870 viewschicoazul

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:26 - Sep 18 by CurlyPete

The Norwich performance was also quite hoofy, it coincides with loan signing of Walters, who, incidentally Hurst is playing out of position

What do you think Walters' position is?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:33 - Sep 18 with 3864 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 3858 viewsCurlyPete

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:32 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

What do you think Walters' position is?

Wide right, the same as he played in his first spell at the club, and subsequently at Stoke
Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 3829 viewschicoazul

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:34 - Sep 18 by CurlyPete

Wide right, the same as he played in his first spell at the club, and subsequently at Stoke

He played almost his entire career at Stoke down the middle. He's a centre forward.

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 3824 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Please stay away then please. We need to get behind the team and Hurst!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:46 - Sep 18 with 3807 viewsitfcjoe

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:42 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

He played almost his entire career at Stoke down the middle. He's a centre forward.

That's not the case, played more out wide for Stoke, and when he did play through the middle tended to be in a more withdrawn role (similar to where he did v norwich) as opposed to right up top (like he did v Hull)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:48 - Sep 18 with 3801 viewsCurlyPete

Turning on Hurst so soon on 10:42 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

No he didn't and no he isn't
Turning on Hurst so soon on 12:08 - Sep 18 with 3725 viewsArnieM

Turning on Hurst so soon on 08:20 - Sep 18 by CurlyPete

WHAT if the players signed are not GOOD enough ?
{i like the idea of random words in capitals too}

Lol not sure I’d have made the words you chose, as capitals .

But back to your point. My question would be why are you judging them after just 7 games?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Turning on Hurst so soon on 12:36 - Sep 18 with 3691 viewsGuthrum

Why is it necessary to panic so quickly, with nearly 40 games left of the season?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024