Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England 21:18 - Nov 15 with 2445 viewsVic

whilst being at Southampton.

Blimey, that rather puts us in the shade I reckon. Don’t know how many we’ve had but I’d have thought we have had way more internationals than them?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:22 - Nov 15 with 2427 viewsGlasgowBlue

They had the likes of Terry Paine and Mick Channon back in the day. Can't think of many more from that era.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:22 - Nov 15 with 2428 viewsSuperblue95

Being a very average English player for a very average English team seems to earn you caps nowadays.

I imagine it was a lot harder to earn call ups back in the times we had a decent team

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:31 - Nov 15 with 2401 viewsVic

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:22 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

Being a very average English player for a very average English team seems to earn you caps nowadays.

I imagine it was a lot harder to earn call ups back in the times we had a decent team

Some interesting names in this list of saints internationals.

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Fowers
Fraser Forster
Charlie Fry
Kelly Houlker
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:38 - Nov 15 with 2379 viewsronnyd

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:31 - Nov 15 by Vic

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Fowers
Fraser Forster
Charlie Fry
Kelly Houlker
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Le Tiss, only eight caps, criminal.
Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:41 - Nov 15 with 2365 viewsVic

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:38 - Nov 15 by ronnyd

Wouldn’t track back would he! Even in those days managers didn’t like players like that, unless you build a team around them. Frank worthington, TOny Currie, and the Glen Hoddle has the same thing.

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:42 - Nov 15 with 2362 viewsTractorCam

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:38 - Nov 15 by ronnyd

Then you notice Adam Lallana has 34....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:43 - Nov 15 with 2355 viewsTrequartista

west brom have 43!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:52 - Nov 15 with 2335 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:41 - Nov 15 by Vic

Wouldn’t track back would he! Even in those days managers didn’t like players like that, unless you build a team around them. Frank worthington, TOny Currie, and the Glen Hoddle has the same thing.

That would be the Glenn Hoddle who won 53 caps. For whatever reason, Le Tiss's face didn't fit. Did he also get injured at just the wrong time too?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:53 - Nov 15 with 2334 viewsdavblue

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:41 - Nov 15 by Vic

The skilful players used to be generally pushed out to play wide in the English game. Look at Joe Cole played as a 10 most of his development years and was shunted out wide.
Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 22:01 - Nov 15 with 2307 viewsVic

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:52 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

That would be the Glenn Hoddle who won 53 caps. For whatever reason, Le Tiss's face didn't fit. Did he also get injured at just the wrong time too?

But just 53 caps for one of our best of all time! He was truly exception, a beautiful player to watch. My fave of all time.

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:35 - Nov 16 with 2033 viewsJimmyJazz

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 22:01 - Nov 15 by Vic

But just 53 caps for one of our best of all time! He was truly exception, a beautiful player to watch. My fave of all time.

'You'll never play for England'!! Until he finally did.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:39 - Nov 16 with 2030 viewsSuperblue95

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:31 - Nov 15 by Vic

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Fowers
Fraser Forster
Charlie Fry
Kelly Houlker
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

There are a lot of nothing names in that list. Like look at that Alf Ramsey fella, bet he achieved nothing in the game

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:42 - Nov 16 with 2024 viewsRobTheMonk

Le'God.
Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:55 - Nov 16 with 1997 viewsJimmyJazz

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:39 - Nov 16 by Superblue95

There are a lot of nothing names in that list. Like look at that Alf Ramsey fella, bet he achieved nothing in the game

Fred Titmuss?? Wasn't he a cricketer?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 12:12 - Nov 16 with 1843 viewsKeno

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 08:42 - Nov 16 by RobTheMonk

Le'God.

Here is a fund fact

Le'God;s great grand dad and my great granddad were close friends

I have a picture of them together in the 1930's

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 13:32 - Nov 16 with 1771 viewsbluefunk

Alex McCarthy becomes the 37th player to win a cap for England on 21:22 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

They had the likes of Terry Paine and Mick Channon back in the day. Can't think of many more from that era.

Kevin Keegan? Dave Watson?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024