Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football 14:46 - Nov 26 with 1949 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anybody else think that people over the age of 15 who gets so emotionally invested in football to the point where they have meltdowns on the internet need to have a long hard look at themselves and grow up?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Football on 15:37 - Nov 26 with 1896 viewsmonytowbray

Nope. Honestly the situation with ITFC is killing my mental health. I sat about Saturday in a state of stress like "Why do I feel so sh1t, what's bothering me?" then I remembered we're pretty much destined for L1 as it stands and Scum are flying.

Silly? Probably. Can I do anything about it? Nope.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Football on 15:38 - Nov 26 with 1884 viewsSpruceMoose

Football on 15:37 - Nov 26 by monytowbray

Nope. Honestly the situation with ITFC is killing my mental health. I sat about Saturday in a state of stress like "Why do I feel so sh1t, what's bothering me?" then I remembered we're pretty much destined for L1 as it stands and Scum are flying.

You should have fired up Red Dead Redemption and blasted some varmints.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Football on 15:41 - Nov 26 with 1865 viewsGlasgowBlue

You should seriously think about taking a break from it if it is affecting you to that extent.

There are far worse things that could happen than your football team being relegated.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Football on 15:42 - Nov 26 with 1865 viewsSpruceMoose

Football on 15:41 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

You should seriously think about taking a break from it if it is affecting you to that extent.

There are far worse things that could happen than your football team being relegated.

Indeed.

Norwich could win the league in the same season.

Football on 15:45 - Nov 26 with 1852 viewsmonytowbray

Football on 15:38 - Nov 26 by SpruceMoose

You should have fired up Red Dead Redemption and blasted some varmints.

Not getting it until Xmas sadly (blagging as a present haha). I decided on some old school N64 Majora's Mask and a few episodes of Man In the High Castle over the weekend.

TWTD never forgets…

Football on 15:46 - Nov 26 with 1840 viewsReuser_is_God

Football on 15:41 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed, plus it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football on 15:48 - Nov 26 with 1835 viewsSpruceMoose

Football on 15:45 - Nov 26 by monytowbray

Not getting it until Xmas sadly (blagging as a present haha). I decided on some old school N64 Majora's Mask and a few episodes of Man In the High Castle over the weekend.

I believe it is possible to play Arthur as a vegan BTW. That will mainly involve eating nothing but kidney beans and sarsaparilla, while giving the 'Miscellaneous Offal' jars a miss.

Football on 15:49 - Nov 26 with 1832 viewsKieran_Knows

I really don't get what this obsession with Norwich is?

Yes they're our rivals, yes it's sh*t seeing them top of the league, but my word some people go so overboard on them.

I only care about them 2 times a season, once when were playing them at Portman Road, the other when we're at their place, other than that I couldn't care less what they do, who they beat or where they sit in the table.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Football on 15:50 - Nov 26 with 1828 viewsmonytowbray

Football on 15:46 - Nov 26 by Reuser_is_God

Indeed, plus it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

I think it's the lack of knowing that does it though. Like, do I really have to go through another 5 months of this? Just resign our fate now and let us start in L1 early.

TWTD never forgets…

Football on 15:51 - Nov 26 with 1822 viewsmonytowbray

Football on 15:49 - Nov 26 by Kieran_Knows

Yes they're our rivals, yes it's sh*t seeing them top of the league, but my word some people go so overboard on them.

I only care about them 2 times a season, once when were playing them at Portman Road, the other when we're at their place, other than that I couldn't care less what they do, who they beat or where they sit in the table.

It's not an obsession, it's called a "rivalry".

TWTD never forgets…

Football on 15:52 - Nov 26 with 1815 viewsKieran_Knows

Football on 15:51 - Nov 26 by monytowbray

It's not an obsession, it's called a "rivalry".

Potato potata.

Football on 15:59 - Nov 26 with 1787 viewschicoazul

You need to take a break, friend. From here and from PR and from football in general.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Football on 16:07 - Nov 26 with 1767 viewsAce_High1

Football is just a game.

Cat's are just a source of meat.

Neither really matter in the grand scheme of things

Football on 16:21 - Nov 26 with 1727 viewsDarth_Koont

Definitely one of the advantages of not being Suffolk born and bred when I look at the current table. I've always seen our rivals as more periodic - from Liverpool and Villa in the early 80s when I started following us to Championship rivals like Sheffield United and Bolton around the turn of the millenium.

I like the energy and excitement of derby day but it's a game where a win perhaps feels like 4 points and a defeat feels like -1. Those matches or where we both finish aren't season-defining for me but, as I said, that's clearly because I haven't grown up with it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Football on 16:30 - Nov 26 with 1701 viewsmonytowbray

Football on 16:21 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

Definitely one of the advantages of not being Suffolk born and bred when I look at the current table. I've always seen our rivals as more periodic - from Liverpool and Villa in the early 80s when I started following us to Championship rivals like Sheffield United and Bolton around the turn of the millenium.

I like the energy and excitement of derby day but it's a game where a win perhaps feels like 4 points and a defeat feels like -1. Those matches or where we both finish aren't season-defining for me but, as I said, that's clearly because I haven't grown up with it.

I grew up between Bury and Thetford so I had a few scum mates (and enemies) growing up. The gloating rights mean so much more.

TWTD never forgets…

Football on 16:30 - Nov 26 with 1699 viewsKieran_Knows

Football on 16:21 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

Don't get me wrong, I dislike them as much as anyone does, but I just don't find their standing in the table to be a massive problem to me. Of course, I'd rather see them bottom and on minus points, but the obsession on tw@tter is somewhat laughable (IMO) at times.

Football on 17:28 - Nov 26 with 1622 viewsBent_double

Living in Norfolk, I just find myself surrounded by their revolting yellow and green badge everywhere (why is that budgie so big?) - all the schools, colleges etc are affiliated to the club, so it seems impossible to escape - my own fault, I know that.

In all the time I've lived here, we've had just the one win - the 3-2 at PR - which helped seal their relegation to L1, so in total I've only been able to gloat for about 4 months (from that point until PL became manager) in almost 12 years.

It's just painful to see them constantly getting things right, whilst we constantly make the wrong decisions.

If we are to go down this season, then I just hope we somehow smash them at their place, resulting in a dramatic loss of form for them and dropping out of the top six.

If that's obsession, then I'm guilty of it too.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Football on 10:33 - Nov 27 with 1431 viewsmonytowbray

Football on 17:28 - Nov 26 by Bent_double

Living in Norfolk, I just find myself surrounded by their revolting yellow and green badge everywhere (why is that budgie so big?) - all the schools, colleges etc are affiliated to the club, so it seems impossible to escape - my own fault, I know that.

In all the time I've lived here, we've had just the one win - the 3-2 at PR - which helped seal their relegation to L1, so in total I've only been able to gloat for about 4 months (from that point until PL became manager) in almost 12 years.

It's just painful to see them constantly getting things right, whilst we constantly make the wrong decisions.

If we are to go down this season, then I just hope we somehow smash them at their place, resulting in a dramatic loss of form for them and dropping out of the top six.

If that's obsession, then I'm guilty of it too.

Paul_Knows, are you local and in the thick of it or have you grown up locally? I find a lot of fans I know who are "meh" about rivalry usually aren't. It's easier for me now living in London than it was at home to process it, as it was in Portsmouth, but my time spent growing up on the border has that hatred burned on my brain.

On the flip, I literally don't care about the Seahawks, my American Football team's rivals because of the detachment to the area.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024