Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mirror reporting intrest 08:36 - Jan 9 with 5873 viewssimoitfc

in dozzell from a trio of prem clubs.
let the asset stripping begin
mirror reporting intrest on 08:37 - Jan 9 with 3406 viewsReuser_is_God

3 prem clubs want him? That means we must be able to get £10m for him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

mirror reporting intrest on 08:38 - Jan 9 with 3405 viewsKieran_Knows

Premier League trio chase Ipswich star Dozzell
Premier League trio Bournemouth, Brighton and Crystal Palace are all tracking fit-again Ipswich ace Andre Dozzell.

The 19-year-old midfielder - valued at £5 million by the Tractor Boys - is back in action after suffering a cruciate ligament injury on the opening day of last season that ruled him out for more than a year.

Dozzell was a member of the England side that won the Under-17 and Under- 19 European titles in 2016 and 2017 respectively.

Ipswich, rock-bottom of the Championship and 10 points from safety, may be tempted to cash in to help fund new signings in their desperate bid to beat the drop.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

mirror reporting intrest on 08:43 - Jan 9 with 3345 viewsNoBru

Cash in now I say.
mirror reporting intrest on 08:49 - Jan 9 with 3302 viewsRobTheMonk

Bournmouth would be a great move for Dozzell. David Brooks has flourished there since his move.
mirror reporting intrest on 08:52 - Jan 9 with 3265 viewsCOYBitfc

If the money was right i'd sell him. He's valued more on reputation that anything he has achieved to date and while I really hope he 'makes it', he's done very little this season in terms of positive contributions to our plight, but then no one really has....

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

mirror reporting intrest on 08:57 - Jan 9 with 3224 viewsitfc48

There's no doubting he's a great prospect however at the current time he's not the right type of player for us nor are we the best club for his development given our current predicament and the general style of football in this league.
mirror reporting intrest on 08:57 - Jan 9 with 3224 viewsStewart27

mirror reporting intrest on 08:43 - Jan 9 by NoBru

Cash in now I say.

Definitely.

Completely unproven at championship level, let alone Prem.
mirror reporting intrest on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 3209 viewsTIB

mirror reporting intrest on 08:57 - Jan 9 by Stewart27

Definitely.

Completely unproven at championship level, let alone Prem.

£5m for a player who's shown glimpses of potential but had a serious injury is not too bad. £5m (+sell on) + Ward from Palace until the end of the season and I'd be happy.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

mirror reporting intrest on 09:00 - Jan 9 with 3191 viewsartsbossbeard

An undeniable talent, no doubt, but I think it's time for Andre to be some other clubs problem.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

mirror reporting intrest on 09:01 - Jan 9 with 3192 viewsWeirdFishes

It’s fine saying ‘take the money and spend it on getting players in’ but does anyone actually want to come here? Pointless sale otherwise.

In my opinion best thing for Dozzell would be to stay and be a key player next season in League One. Only need to look at how much Nick Powell was valued at to know that we could still get good money for him.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

mirror reporting intrest on 09:06 - Jan 9 with 3136 viewsartsbossbeard

mirror reporting intrest on 09:01 - Jan 9 by WeirdFishes

It’s fine saying ‘take the money and spend it on getting players in’ but does anyone actually want to come here? Pointless sale otherwise.

In my opinion best thing for Dozzell would be to stay and be a key player next season in League One. Only need to look at how much Nick Powell was valued at to know that we could still get good money for him.

What have you seen to convince you that he could be star player for us in League 1?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:09 - Jan 9 with 3110 viewschicoazul

He should probably go. And real tea, its not like he has set the world on fire is it?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

mirror reporting intrest on 09:10 - Jan 9 with 3084 viewsHerbivore

Not sure League 1 is the best place for a player like Dozzer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

mirror reporting intrest on 09:11 - Jan 9 with 3084 viewschicoazul

It's a fair point you make in your first paragraph but if he can go to the Prem he should, it will do him much better than sticking with us getting booted up and down the park by the kind of midfielders who thrive in L1.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

mirror reporting intrest on 09:12 - Jan 9 with 3074 viewschicoazul

mirror reporting intrest on 09:00 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

An undeniable talent, no doubt, but I think it's time for Andre to be some other clubs problem.

Oooohhhh, tell us more...

mirror reporting intrest on 09:12 - Jan 9 with 3071 viewsTIB

mirror reporting intrest on 09:10 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Not sure League 1 is the best place for a player like Dozzer.

The midfield got kicked about a fair bit against Accrington. I thought Teddy fought well and toughed it out but games like that week in, week out probably won't suit Andre.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

mirror reporting intrest on 09:13 - Jan 9 with 3055 viewsflimflam

Cannot believe we would let any of our young up and coming youngsters leave.

Not sure how long his contract is but if we go down then reassess at the end of the season as these kids will be the future and part of the rebuilding process.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:16 - Jan 9 with 3015 viewschicoazul

mirror reporting intrest on 09:12 - Jan 9 by TIB

The midfield got kicked about a fair bit against Accrington. I thought Teddy fought well and toughed it out but games like that week in, week out probably won't suit Andre.

Bishop seems to have done that thing a lot of young pros do; got a bad injury and come back physically much stronger thanks to plenty of gym work and using dat dere to bulk up. From what I have seen that hasnt happened to Andre.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:18 - Jan 9 with 2996 viewsartsbossbeard

mirror reporting intrest on 09:12 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Oooohhhh, tell us more...

Footballing matters only.

He's struggling to impose himself and command a place in a team at the bottom of division 1 BUT everyone in football knows that he's a talent. Time for Town to cash in and let him become a problem for a.n.other team.

I remember watching Liverpool u23's v Ipswich on a facebook feed a year or so ago and the mickey mousers had a bloke up from who is/was on his 2nd contract with them, been at the club 5yrs and got nowhere near the first team. When does a hot prospect of a player become an integral part of the first team and hwo long can a club like Ipswich support it?

I may also be expecting a whoosh if your response was about covering old ground. I'll take it gracefully, if so.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:21 - Jan 9 with 2940 viewsGuthrum

What if the money from Dozzell was just enough to persuade players to come here who could save us from dropping to League One?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

mirror reporting intrest on 09:22 - Jan 9 with 2930 viewsfloridaboy

Ipswich ace? Wouldn't say that refers to Dozzell. Flatters to deceive imho!

Needs to up his game for me. Appreciate the nasty injury he had but when he had appeared this season don't absolutely nothing. But if a luxury player who doesn't seem up for the fight.

If the club can get £5-£10 million then they would be stupid not to take it.

Concerned the injury has damaged his confidence to get back to level he showed when he first came into the squad.

Eddie Howe could get a very good player out of him though!
mirror reporting intrest on 09:23 - Jan 9 with 2925 viewsBackToRussia

Amazing how willing people to get rid of our young players are. We should be getting rid of Bishop and Dozzell. Probably Emmanuel, Downes, Morris et all too, no doubt. What's the point?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 2904 viewsGuthrum

mirror reporting intrest on 09:16 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Bishop seems to have done that thing a lot of young pros do; got a bad injury and come back physically much stronger thanks to plenty of gym work and using dat dere to bulk up. From what I have seen that hasnt happened to Andre.

Possibly because Dozzell was that bit younger, his body being not yet in the right place to add serious bulk (still at the scrawny teenager stage).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

mirror reporting intrest on 09:25 - Jan 9 with 2901 viewsBackToRussia

mirror reporting intrest on 09:09 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

He should probably go. And real tea, its not like he has set the world on fire is it?

You posted this less than a year ago: "He looked very good against Birmingham and for England. I don't see why he wouldnt go straight into our team once he is fit. There isnt much he would learn running rings round L2 midfields every week."

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

mirror reporting intrest on 09:25 - Jan 9 with 2887 viewsBackToRussia

mirror reporting intrest on 09:21 - Jan 9 by Guthrum

What if the money from Dozzell was just enough to persuade players to come here who could save us from dropping to League One?

Then Evans should stump that up himself.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024