Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However 18:01 - Jan 17 with 4996 viewspickles110564

I alway thought the will of the people would be carried out by the elites but am starting to realise Brexit is not going to happen.
I don't even believe the MP's will get blamed as they will give a 2nd referendum and turn it back on the people blaming them for it not happening.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:34 - Jan 17 with 3376 viewsChampionship

Can you answer me something? How is it undemocratic to have another referendum? If leave wins again, the debate is over. If remain wins then the will of the people has obviously changed.

May said a second referendum would kill belief in democracy. This would only be a factor if remain won a second referendum. Therefore surely either leave would win and it wouldn't matter or remain would win and therefore the will of the people would have changed. Isn't the most undemocratic thing of all forcing through a result which might already be out of date?

Look at it from a longer term view as well. The tide is turning in one direction. In a decade, if we've left, we'll be talking about a referendum on rejoining. Isn't it worth looking at the longer term view and thinking we have a privileged position within the EU right now. We risk giving that up and losing our rebate, right to retain our own currency and right to opt out of ever closer union etc. I don't know you so i'm not saying you did but if you did vote out for immigration reasons even that won't be what people expect. We'll soon give special access to students, people working in care and the NHS etc. We'll have the illusion of controlling immigration but we'll add enough loopholes to 90% of the people who could have come here anyway still will because we need them.

Look forwards ten years. Twenty years. Do you really see any benefit from Brexit?
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:34 - Jan 17 with 3371 viewsSpruceMoose

Finally, some good news.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:53 - Jan 17 with 3345 viewsBloomBlue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:34 - Jan 17 by Championship

Can you answer me something? How is it undemocratic to have another referendum? If leave wins again, the debate is over. If remain wins then the will of the people has obviously changed.

May said a second referendum would kill belief in democracy. This would only be a factor if remain won a second referendum. Therefore surely either leave would win and it wouldn't matter or remain would win and therefore the will of the people would have changed. Isn't the most undemocratic thing of all forcing through a result which might already be out of date?

Look at it from a longer term view as well. The tide is turning in one direction. In a decade, if we've left, we'll be talking about a referendum on rejoining. Isn't it worth looking at the longer term view and thinking we have a privileged position within the EU right now. We risk giving that up and losing our rebate, right to retain our own currency and right to opt out of ever closer union etc. I don't know you so i'm not saying you did but if you did vote out for immigration reasons even that won't be what people expect. We'll soon give special access to students, people working in care and the NHS etc. We'll have the illusion of controlling immigration but we'll add enough loopholes to 90% of the people who could have come here anyway still will because we need them.

Look forwards ten years. Twenty years. Do you really see any benefit from Brexit?

But if remain win it's only right we have another vote in 2 years as it's possible everything will change again in those 2 years
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:08 - Jan 17 with 3321 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:34 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Finally, some good news.

Is it just me or are these two starting to sound like Texters in the three days leading up to a match, just constantly crying because the nasty person in charge won't do what they want?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:09 - Jan 17 with 3322 viewsChampionship

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:53 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

But if remain win it's only right we have another vote in 2 years as it's possible everything will change again in those 2 years

Fair point if in that 2 years the EU suddenly announce the creation of a European superstate, insist everyone use the Euro and invite Turkey to join immediately. It would have to be on that scale to be compatible to now.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:10 - Jan 17 with 3316 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:08 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

Is it just me or are these two starting to sound like Texters in the three days leading up to a match, just constantly crying because the nasty person in charge won't do what they want?

Well I don't know about that, but I do detect a delicious note of panic in the postings of our most strident Brexiteers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:10 - Jan 17 with 3312 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:10 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Well I don't know about that, but I do detect a delicious note of panic in the postings of our most strident Brexiteers.

You'd think that such proud patriotic Englishmen could maintain a stiff upper lip at least.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 19:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:12 - Jan 17 with 3297 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:10 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

You'd think that such proud patriotic Englishmen could maintain a stiff upper lip at least.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 19:11]

I posted about that the other day. My conclusion was that the famous stiff upper lip has been shaved clean off by shaky handed gammons and now lays in the bathroom sink bloody and twitching.

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:23 - Jan 17 with 3280 viewsSuperfrans

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:53 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

If there is another referendum, it won’t be because things have changed. It will be because the actual practicalities of withdrawal from the EU hadn’t been thought through when the vote was offered/launched in the first place. It is hugely embarrassing to us as a nation that this is the case, but the PM who decided to hold the referendum never expected Leave to win, so never considered what the options were for doing so. On top of this, our current PM also triggered article 50 without working out the basis of leaving either. Both cataclysmic decisions.

FWIW, I’m pro-remain. That’s the way I voted and I have seen nothing to convince me in the past two years that Leaving makes us any more secure, independent or financially healthy as a nation.
I’m also baffled how a campaign can spend 10% more on a campaign than the rules say they can and the result be allowed to still stand.

But, putting both of those points to one side - if we held a Referendum again, I would personally be open to the potential of a concession to the Leavers, especially if the result is as close as last time (but in favour of Remain) or within certain parameters (55:45, for instance).

And that is that a third Referendum be allowed within a specified period (within three/five years, for instance) if the Leave campaign has a concrete proposal to put to the country outlining the detailed terms and basis on which we would, indeed leave.

Is this ideal? No.
Would it bring stability to the country. No, but it would be a darn sight more stability than exiting with no deal, or the deal outlined by May.
Would any of us want to go through another campaign? Probably not, but this is a huge forking decision. It has to be planned and worked out properly, not given all the consideration of cancelling a gym membership.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:47 - Jan 17 with 3237 viewsSenatorBlue

Should there be a second vote, I trust equal clarity to what remain means will be given - ie are we guaranteed same terms as before, or does it also mean we sign up to the adoption of the euro, euro army, and United States of Europe within the next 10 years (that is their stated aim).
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 19:49]
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 3229 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:47 - Jan 17 by SenatorBlue

Should there be a second vote, I trust equal clarity to what remain means will be given - ie are we guaranteed same terms as before, or does it also mean we sign up to the adoption of the euro, euro army, and United States of Europe within the next 10 years (that is their stated aim).

Well, as nothing new has been negotiated, it'll be remain on the same terms I'd imagine.

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:55 - Jan 17 with 3209 viewsBlueBadger

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:12 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I posted about that the other day. My conclusion was that the famous stiff upper lip has been shaved clean off by shaky handed gammons and now lays in the bathroom sink bloody and twitching.

They're probably claiming that they're now 'independent' of the need to shave a top lip and will thus, be better off.

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 3205 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:55 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

They're probably claiming that they're now 'independent' of the need to shave a top lip and will thus, be better off.

Well if you don't have a face there's no need to shave I guess.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:00 - Jan 17 with 3201 viewsSenatorBlue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:49 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Well, as nothing new has been negotiated, it'll be remain on the same terms I'd imagine.

I get that it’s been confirmed we can legally return on the same terms, should we withdraw A50. We now know what Brexit means/risks, however no such clarity exists on what Remain means. Therefore, the only way to make an informed remain decision, is with something legally binding from the EU that states what the position of the UK would be in relation to their stated aim for the near future.

Would a remain vote be as strong, should the EU fail to confirm that we are not committed to the aforementioned?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 20:08]
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:06 - Jan 17 with 3185 viewstcblue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:47 - Jan 17 by SenatorBlue

We can revoke Article 50 and go back to exactly the same terms.

But that needs to happen by end of March, which isn't enough time to hold a second referendum before deciding.

The move last night by May to ask for all parties to collaborate is an unbelievably cowardly move. Collaborate for what? There's no time left to do anything other than revoke or no deal, and she doesn't want to do either, despite sleepwalking into this position, so now wants a few more fingerprints all over this.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:16 - Jan 17 with 3170 viewsBloomBlue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:06 - Jan 17 by tcblue

But that needs to happen by end of March, which isn't enough time to hold a second referendum before deciding.

The move last night by May to ask for all parties to collaborate is an unbelievably cowardly move. Collaborate for what? There's no time left to do anything other than revoke or no deal, and she doesn't want to do either, despite sleepwalking into this position, so now wants a few more fingerprints all over this.

And then when we leave that is what the Country voted for, democracy wins.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:16 - Jan 17 with 3170 viewsSenatorBlue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:06 - Jan 17 by tcblue

Yep, can’t disagree with any of that. It’s check mate for them either direction now, especially given parliamentary endorsement to invoke A50. When they did that, it was in the full knowledge that default was a WTO terms exit.

Hence, despite the considerable potential risk WTO could deliver, the default is where we’re heading, always was, and why business has planned for this worst case scenario from day 1 of A50 being invoked.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:36 - Jan 17 with 3146 viewstcblue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:16 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

And then when we leave that is what the Country voted for, democracy wins.

Yep. And what a prize
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:46 - Jan 17 with 3126 viewsClapham_Junction

There is enough time. Greece organised a referendum in just over a week in 2015. If the will is there, it can be done.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:55 - Jan 17 with 3107 viewstcblue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:46 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

There is enough time. Greece organised a referendum in just over a week in 2015. If the will is there, it can be done.

Asking what question(s)? And with what information?

A nonsense vote which never should have happened caused this, another nonsense vote sorts it out?
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:56 - Jan 17 with 3104 viewsWithnail

Britain's heart says leave. That won't change, and if there is to be a 'peoples' vote, leave will win again (by a bigger margin).

The can can be kicked down the road for only so long.

Keep the faith, brother. We're leaving.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:03 - Jan 17 with 3082 viewsClapham_Junction

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:55 - Jan 17 by tcblue

Asking what question(s)? And with what information?

A nonsense vote which never should have happened caused this, another nonsense vote sorts it out?

I think it's fairly clear what the options are now; remain or crash out with no deal.

Given that this bullsh1t has filled our media for the last few years, I don't think we really need much of a campaign for people to get the information they want or to make (or have already made) their decision. If they haven't already taken enough in, then there's not really much more that can be done.

And yes, I think a second vote is probably the only way out of this mess right now.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:18 - Jan 17 with 3051 viewsBloomBlue

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:03 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

I think it's fairly clear what the options are now; remain or crash out with no deal.

Given that this bullsh1t has filled our media for the last few years, I don't think we really need much of a campaign for people to get the information they want or to make (or have already made) their decision. If they haven't already taken enough in, then there's not really much more that can be done.

And yes, I think a second vote is probably the only way out of this mess right now.

But that's the problem if the result of a second vote is leave with no deal a large percentage of MP's have said they will never vote for a no deal, so its not going to go through the HoC and again in that situation the referendum result would be ignored.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:35 - Jan 17 with 3012 viewsjaykay

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:56 - Jan 17 by Withnail

Britain's heart says leave. That won't change, and if there is to be a 'peoples' vote, leave will win again (by a bigger margin).

i reckon desmond might agree with you ,brother

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 07:05 - Jan 18 with 2879 viewsWeekender

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:56 - Jan 17 by Withnail

No acorording to latest polls

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024