Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cobbold box for next season 13:33 - Feb 6 with 7963 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

was just wandering if anyone had any experience of the boxes in the cobbold stand. i have a group of mates who want to get one for next season, as a one off and for a laugh. personally i have always slagged boxes off as you dont get any atmosphere, but then again at ipswich will i miss that much?
all your thoughts and experiences are verywelcome as dont want to make a very expensive mistake.
thanks in advance.
p.s. my uncle and cousin are avid scum fans and they recon that all the scum supporters are really fearing the derby on sunday. lets hope that trickles down to the manager and team. I know i am clutching at straws, but thats all i have left.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 13:34]
cobbold box for next season on 13:37 - Feb 6 with 7028 viewsNo9

I have only experienced a corporate box on one occasion.
It was good and one was made to feel very special & there was endless food & booze on tap
BUT, I would not say it was worth the price

That wasn't at PR
cobbold box for next season on 13:42 - Feb 6 with 7007 viewsclive_baker

How much are they quoting you for the season?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

cobbold box for next season on 13:44 - Feb 6 with 6997 viewsReuser_is_God

I've been in one once before.

Never again, it was sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

cobbold box for next season on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 6968 viewsGipeswic

Cobbold Box rubbish but Co-op Box pretty good as you sit outside.
cobbold box for next season on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 6966 viewsuefacup81

From what I've heard, the Cobbold boxes are rather dated now and not the best option. I'd imagine they're cheaper because of it.

If you can stretch to it, go for one in the Pioneer.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

cobbold box for next season on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 6945 viewsRegencyBlue

cobbold box for next season on 13:51 - Feb 6 by uefacup81

From what I've heard, the Cobbold boxes are rather dated now and not the best option. I'd imagine they're cheaper because of it.

If you can stretch to it, go for one in the Pioneer.

I’d agree with that.

I haven’t been in one for a while but they certainly needed updating when I last was.

They are also very low which doesn’t help the view - an advantage this season I know.

Don’t accept their first quotes though wherever you go because they normally start off very unrealistic!
cobbold box for next season on 14:03 - Feb 6 with 6932 viewsitfcjoe

Be better off looking at Bobby Robson Suite or one of the Pioneer boxes, although they are vastly more expensive.

In Cobbold, if you are in the back row (it's 2 rows of 4) you can barely see the game - and your neighbours may put blinds down which further limits the view,

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

cobbold box for next season on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 6916 viewsBurwell_Blue

Had a box for 20 years in the 80s and 90s

They were dated then, rather cramped but with a good view, good food before hand (better in the Centre Spot, unless you were doing chicken in a basket) - pre ordering drinks at half-time was a plus, as was meeting the players and the Cobbolds before and after.

Saw Phil in the Centre Spot not so long ago and got bought a birthday beer by Butcher (by christ he is massive in the flesh even now) and Burley who are in there on a regular basis.

Have also been in the Pioneer. Much more room, nice to sit outside, better atomsphere available but this all comes at a high cost.
Login to get fewer ads

cobbold box for next season on 14:36 - Feb 6 with 6834 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 13:51 - Feb 6 by Gipeswic

Cobbold Box rubbish but Co-op Box pretty good as you sit outside.

yeah that was exactly what i was thinking. its more just too meet up with mates and get pissed really.
cobbold box for next season on 14:37 - Feb 6 with 6826 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 13:37 - Feb 6 by No9

I have only experienced a corporate box on one occasion.
It was good and one was made to feel very special & there was endless food & booze on tap
BUT, I would not say it was worth the price

That wasn't at PR

yeah the booze on tap is the usp for me. At least if we are crap next year i wont be able to remember much.
cobbold box for next season on 14:39 - Feb 6 with 6813 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 13:42 - Feb 6 by clive_baker

How much are they quoting you for the season?

its my mates who are trying to sort it, i only heard about it today so dont know all the details but i think it was a box for 8 people at about £500 each.
i know its alot of money, probably not worth it, but hoping would be a good laugh and a piss up on a saturday
cobbold box for next season on 14:40 - Feb 6 with 6804 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 13:44 - Feb 6 by Reuser_is_God

I've been in one once before.

Never again, it was sh1t.

yeah unfortuantly that is my feeling.
cobbold box for next season on 14:43 - Feb 6 with 6793 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 14:03 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

Be better off looking at Bobby Robson Suite or one of the Pioneer boxes, although they are vastly more expensive.

In Cobbold, if you are in the back row (it's 2 rows of 4) you can barely see the game - and your neighbours may put blinds down which further limits the view,

wow, really, it can be that bad. i am not sold on the idea at all, but don't want to be billy no mates watching from the north stand and all my mates in the box. it really sucks. As you say in the pioneer its completley different, but i dread to think how much that would be, even the cobbold ones are seriously pushing my limit.
cobbold box for next season on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 6795 viewsHarry_Palmer

The food and service is pretty good but as others have said the view isn't great and the fact you are always 'indoors' takes away from the experience somewhat.

If the price is right it would be ok for a 'one off' but I wouldn't want to be in one for a whole season.
cobbold box for next season on 14:49 - Feb 6 with 6782 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 14:06 - Feb 6 by Burwell_Blue

Had a box for 20 years in the 80s and 90s

They were dated then, rather cramped but with a good view, good food before hand (better in the Centre Spot, unless you were doing chicken in a basket) - pre ordering drinks at half-time was a plus, as was meeting the players and the Cobbolds before and after.

Saw Phil in the Centre Spot not so long ago and got bought a birthday beer by Butcher (by christ he is massive in the flesh even now) and Burley who are in there on a regular basis.

Have also been in the Pioneer. Much more room, nice to sit outside, better atomsphere available but this all comes at a high cost.

thank you very much for your reply. we used to go to the centre spot a bit as my mates dad is the legendary john wark, sorry had to name drop. :) yeah butcher is a beast isnt he, imagine playing against him in his prime, i would sh*t myself. i think i will be sticking to the lower north next year, anyway since Blue Action have got invovled it is a good crack in there, not what it used to be but better. i wished they never knocked the old one down. Our old stadium would be perfect for the size of the club now. sell out every week with a top atmosphere, such a shame.
cobbold box for next season on 14:53 - Feb 6 with 6766 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 14:01 - Feb 6 by RegencyBlue

I’d agree with that.

I haven’t been in one for a while but they certainly needed updating when I last was.

They are also very low which doesn’t help the view - an advantage this season I know.

Don’t accept their first quotes though wherever you go because they normally start off very unrealistic!

i think the whole stadium needs updating, they have probably still got carpets from the cobbold days in there. didnt realise they was any bartering to be done but cheers for the info will definatly give it a try. Anyway in leauge one next year they should be practicaly giving them away.
cobbold box for next season on 14:58 - Feb 6 with 6746 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

cobbold box for next season on 14:49 - Feb 6 by never_lose_the_faith

thank you very much for your reply. we used to go to the centre spot a bit as my mates dad is the legendary john wark, sorry had to name drop. :) yeah butcher is a beast isnt he, imagine playing against him in his prime, i would sh*t myself. i think i will be sticking to the lower north next year, anyway since Blue Action have got invovled it is a good crack in there, not what it used to be but better. i wished they never knocked the old one down. Our old stadium would be perfect for the size of the club now. sell out every week with a top atmosphere, such a shame.

Is your mate Andrew Wark?

I used to go to Bucklesham School with him. That was a long time ago now, I'm guessing JW has moved on from Bucklesham?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

cobbold box for next season on 15:08 - Feb 6 with 6721 viewsitfcjoe

cobbold box for next season on 14:43 - Feb 6 by never_lose_the_faith

wow, really, it can be that bad. i am not sold on the idea at all, but don't want to be billy no mates watching from the north stand and all my mates in the box. it really sucks. As you say in the pioneer its completley different, but i dread to think how much that would be, even the cobbold ones are seriously pushing my limit.

You can't drink in your box either, have to go back to bar for a beer etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

cobbold box for next season on 15:29 - Feb 6 with 6659 viewsiamipswich

My Dad's business shared one of the Britannia Stand boxes with his mate's business for a few years between 2006 - 2008. Cost was approx. £30,000 in total (£15,000 per business) which is of course unbelievably pricey. The box in total had 12 seats outside which were comfortable, a good view but you do lose out on the atmosphere.

Looking beyond the price, the experience going to the box is very good. They are very comfortable, well-looked after and the hospitality is good too. Good food before, during or after the game.

I must say on cold winter's nights it was nice to go inside for the half time break, watch Soccer Saturday/Special on the TV and get a drink from the Minibar.

Negatives are the price (obviously price will have gone down by next year) and the lack of atmosphere. Positives are plentiful such as comfort, view, hospitality, warmth etc. You do also get access to the box at anytime for meetings etc.

Think the cobbold ones look a little bleak and being shut away from the match you might as well not be there imho.

Poll: Who will return first?

cobbold box for next season on 15:39 - Feb 6 with 6629 viewsTractorWood

I can only echo what others have said. Cobbold boxes are excellent. Food is usually decent and plentiful. The mini-bar is well stocked and attentively restocked! The staff are very accommodating and are keen to cater to your every whim.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

cobbold box for next season on 15:41 - Feb 6 with 6625 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 15:08 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

You can't drink in your box either, have to go back to bar for a beer etc

what!! really? well that is my decision made then, i wasn't keen in the first place. i know its not all about drinking, but we want to make a day of it everytime as the football will probably be less then rememerable. plus i love to sing a few songs, get a bit lary and i know that in a box it wont be the same
cobbold box for next season on 15:44 - Feb 6 with 6618 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

cobbold box for next season on 14:58 - Feb 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Is your mate Andrew Wark?

I used to go to Bucklesham School with him. That was a long time ago now, I'm guessing JW has moved on from Bucklesham?

yeah its Andrew, john has moved since then. we used to get him to play 5 a side sometimes and it was amazing. He could just side foot it from the halfway line into the top corner at ridiculous speed. feel very lucky to have had the chance to play with him
cobbold box for next season on 15:57 - Feb 6 with 6590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

cobbold box for next season on 15:44 - Feb 6 by never_lose_the_faith

yeah its Andrew, john has moved since then. we used to get him to play 5 a side sometimes and it was amazing. He could just side foot it from the halfway line into the top corner at ridiculous speed. feel very lucky to have had the chance to play with him

He occasionally came into school to do football coaching.

....I didn't really realise what a legend he was back then!!

I used to go round his house in Bucklesham...... a 3 bed bungalow! Imagine what he would earn today!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

cobbold box for next season on 16:16 - Feb 6 with 6541 viewsDecageBruce

cobbold box for next season on 14:49 - Feb 6 by never_lose_the_faith

Say hi to Andrew for me. Used to play with him for a youth team in Kirton and John recommended me for an ITFC trial (when I was younger, fitter and quicker). You can guess how that concluded though
cobbold box for next season on 16:24 - Feb 6 with 6511 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

cobbold box for next season on 16:16 - Feb 6 by DecageBruce

Say hi to Andrew for me. Used to play with him for a youth team in Kirton and John recommended me for an ITFC trial (when I was younger, fitter and quicker). You can guess how that concluded though

Kirton Kestrels?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024