Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson nailing it. 13:27 - Feb 17 with 4625 viewsbontcho

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-verdict-ipswich-town-1-stoke-city-1-1-5895498

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 13:38 - Feb 17 with 4506 viewstextbackup

spot on as it always is with him.

completely right with the "its not normal" line, in both cases, its almost like he's written that after being inside my head.

had MM stayed on I wouldn't have gone to games, we may have finished 12th-15th, but it wasn't for me.
this year we'll probably go down, and finish bottom, but ive got the buzz back for going to football.

as he says, its not normal, and I cant explain it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 13:44 - Feb 17 with 4466 viewsFtnfwest

This, we had to break the cycle. Results are of course the ultimate but a club like us is not going to win anything anymore (unlike nodge I’m referring to major honours) and therefore it’s philosophy in terms of how it try’s to play the game is everything. That’s why attendances held up pretty well after the glory years, apart from the football wide ‘recession’ in the 90’s. Not because we were doing well, but because we kept to the principles adopted at the end of the robson era in terms of how we played the game. There was a resurgence of that in the burley years and whilst MM was of course an improvement on what went before, once he wasn’t successful in terms of a promotion after the first 2-3 years of long ball, we were treading water really. He did the best he could but he never bought into the clubs history/philosophy and it was always about what he was achieving. He supported I think his players well but never took an interest in the fans or club.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:05 - Feb 17 with 4321 viewsbontcho

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 13:38 - Feb 17 by textbackup

completely right with the "its not normal" line, in both cases, its almost like he's written that after being inside my head.

had MM stayed on I wouldn't have gone to games, we may have finished 12th-15th, but it wasn't for me.
this year we'll probably go down, and finish bottom, but ive got the buzz back for going to football.

We may have finished that high, my hunch is we would have struggled but survived. However the club was sleepwalking to relegation. At least this way senior people at the club have recognised the need for change and we attack next season with positivity.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:09 - Feb 17 with 4316 viewsChampionship

Good piece and I think Lambert's the man but one note of caution if I may. The Town fans on social media, including TWTD, seem to alternate between we've got our club back and the club is dead. We've got our club back. The exact same thing was said in the early days under Mick. The same thing was even said by a few people in the early days under Hurst. Eventually both turned sour.

I really think Lambert is the special one though and we must make sure the fans remain onside. Already a few people are questioning things despite the clear improvement and the fact Lambert is working with someone else's squad. We really must support Lambert 100% to stop that pendulum swinging back to the club is dead. These are potentially very exciting times if people are patient.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:11 - Feb 17 with 4295 views3_5_2

agree with him and your sentiments

I am trying wriggle out of a family commitment to go see v Wigan away next week

Under MM towards the end, I stopped going to PR as I just could not take any more, now I cant wait to go again

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:27 - Feb 17 with 4187 viewsbontcho

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:09 - Feb 17 by Championship

Good piece and I think Lambert's the man but one note of caution if I may. The Town fans on social media, including TWTD, seem to alternate between we've got our club back and the club is dead. We've got our club back. The exact same thing was said in the early days under Mick. The same thing was even said by a few people in the early days under Hurst. Eventually both turned sour.

I really think Lambert is the special one though and we must make sure the fans remain onside. Already a few people are questioning things despite the clear improvement and the fact Lambert is working with someone else's squad. We really must support Lambert 100% to stop that pendulum swinging back to the club is dead. These are potentially very exciting times if people are patient.

This is fair. Kinda sense this one has legs but a lot will depend on our summer dealings and who PL can get out.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 15:47 - Feb 17 with 3799 viewsParisBlue

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:09 - Feb 17 by Championship

To be fair to MM in the beginning he did give us the feeling that we had our club back with a set of players who were committed and some good results. The Watford home game in Nov 14 was fantastic (the game Jonny Williams got crocked).

He messed it up in the summer of 2015 though and it was downhill from then on.

We've had a long time to contemplate relegation, but let's not kid ourselves in that if we're not nearing the top of division 1 from the beginning of next season the mood will change for sure....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 16:00 - Feb 17 with 3734 viewstextbackup

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 15:47 - Feb 17 by ParisBlue

To be fair to MM in the beginning he did give us the feeling that we had our club back with a set of players who were committed and some good results. The Watford home game in Nov 14 was fantastic (the game Jonny Williams got crocked).

He messed it up in the summer of 2015 though and it was downhill from then on.

We've had a long time to contemplate relegation, but let's not kid ourselves in that if we're not nearing the top of division 1 from the beginning of next season the mood will change for sure....

he absolutely did, loved the bloke to start with. not ashamed to admit that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 16:32 - Feb 17 with 3593 viewsDarth_Koont

All a bit delusional for my liking.

I’m glad that Lambert is making the best of a bad situation and the fans are supporting him and the team. But we’ve made a pig’s ear of this season and the position Hurst inherited. We’ve blown this season’s budget and probably next too, while lowering the value of the squad and saddling us with a player group that will need another overhaul in the Summer.

And we’re getting relegated. If we don’t bounce back immediately we could be entering a new phase as a lower league club.

I admire the supposed hope but to me it’s hubris. And it seems that we’ve been so bored by the Championship we’ll welcome any change even a bad one.

Pronouns: He/Him

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:01 - Feb 17 with 3411 viewsStewart27

Great post.

Love Watson's report.

Completely agree with you! I live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and I'm sure Norwich fans think I'm full of it that I'm so positive at the moment. I can't explain it!

I'm waiting for ST prices to come out because I want to get one for me and my 5 year old boy next season. I wouldn't have dreamed of this a year ago.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:04 - Feb 17 with 3395 viewsStewart27

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 14:27 - Feb 17 by bontcho

This is fair. Kinda sense this one has legs but a lot will depend on our summer dealings and who PL can get out.

Who we manage to get out in pre season is more important than who we get in IMHO
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:15 - Feb 17 with 3342 viewsfabian_illness

I get the feeling that Stuart Watson is desperate to be popular.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the job MM did at town.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:17 - Feb 17 with 3315 viewsReuser_is_God

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:15 - Feb 17 by fabian_illness

He’s not said he was did do a bad job?

He’s said there was an apathy which was getting worse which is correct.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:19 - Feb 17 with 3292 viewsbontcho

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 17:04 - Feb 17 by Stewart27

Who we manage to get out in pre season is more important than who we get in IMHO

Indeed. We have so many players so we’ll obviously need to get somewhere around 10-15 off the books I reckon. Whilst some are obvious (Chalobah, Pennington, Adeyemi) there are others who might only come in (Keane, Bree) if we can get some others off the books (Donacien? Bart?)

Bulgarian penalty hero

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 18:47 - Feb 17 with 2941 viewsBasuco

Apart from sh1t, dull, boring, dross football from MM I agree with you, MM is a good manager just as long as you do not have to pay to watch his team play.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 19:07 - Feb 17 with 2862 viewsnorth_stand77

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Was bored rigid with the last couple of years at PR, but have been woken up again.
If season tickets are reasonably priced for league1, I will definitely be renewing my two!
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 19:21 - Feb 17 with 2819 viewsKeaneish

Except for all the reasons he's loathed for, of course.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 19:26 - Feb 17 with 2791 viewsPJH

Stuart Watson nailing it. on 19:21 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

Except for all the reasons he's loathed for, of course.

Although I find it strange that keeping us mid table in The Championship is one of them.
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 19:40 - Feb 17 with 2742 viewsjas0999

I also agree, although clearly would prefer not to be relegated! Atmosphere is much better and for the first time in a long while I can actually see a plan and can buy in to what PL is trying to achieve.

MM was stale and frankly lazy. Happy with the norm year in year out. Bore folk. Nick a point.

Hurst was just an unfortunate choice who was out of his depth.

Under Lambert, it just feels like we could turn the corner. Sadly, not this season though!
Stuart Watson nailing it. on 12:20 - Feb 18 with 2164 viewsFrimleyBlue

It can be explained but there are still a majority who only believe that football is a results business... it's not

The reason there are a lot of people returning to PR even though we're losing or bottom of the league is that the players on the pitch are putting in the efforts to match those of the supporters. Whilst frustrating, there are plenty of exciting moments in our play that whilst sadly we're not seeing them ending in goals, it's edge of your seat stuff at times. Against Derby, I'm on my sofa watching it, but so many times when Teddy got on the ball, I was moving myself closer to the tv in anticipation. can't remember that feeling under Mick

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024