Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent 10:00 - Apr 28 with 4534 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35989/mccarthy-town-players-facing-pay-c

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 11:56 - Apr 28 with 3375 viewsNo9

What has ITFC & its staff got to do with him?
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 3372 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 11:56 - Apr 28 by No9

Journalists asking him questions about us.

Also obvious, even during his time with us, that he built a lot of togetherness and relationships over the 6 years here.

Pronouns: He/Him

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:07 - Apr 28 with 3359 viewsNo9

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:03 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

Also obvious, even during his time with us, that he built a lot of togetherness and relationships over the 6 years here.

A quality football manager would have deflected that osrt of questoin with a remark - "I am no longer involved with Ipswich Town so I am not in a potition to comment" - or similar.

What he did was to turn many away and give us a poor quality product not worht the gate fee

He sowed the seeds for the harvest we are reaping now.

Shouldn't his comments be limited to his present employment - until he screws that up - again?
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:30 - Apr 28 with 3311 viewsGlasgowBlue

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:03 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

And he’s perfectly entitled to answer those questions. But I don’t think he should be talking about players wages.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:44 - Apr 28 with 3245 viewsWarhurst

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:07 - Apr 28 by No9

A quality football manager would have deflected that osrt of questoin with a remark - "I am no longer involved with Ipswich Town so I am not in a potition to comment" - or similar.

What he did was to turn many away and give us a poor quality product not worht the gate fee

Shouldn't his comments be limited to his present employment - until he screws that up - again?

Why should he have to deflect certain interview questions just because some peoples feelings might get hurt on an internet forum?
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:49 - Apr 28 with 3231 viewssoclopath

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 11:56 - Apr 28 by No9

Is it a fact that MM had a major input to many of our players contracts,are these not covered by Data Protection.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 3205 viewsSuperblue95

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:44 - Apr 28 by Warhurst

Why should he have to deflect certain interview questions just because some peoples feelings might get hurt on an internet forum?

Some players or the club might not be impressed with him revealing that information as it is private.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I’m sure it won’t bother most but it is unprofessional behaviour

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:05 - Apr 28 with 3176 viewsBLUEBEAT

Out of order.

What a prick.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:10 - Apr 28 with 3166 viewsFtnfwest

Yes I’m not sure why they keep asking him about us, it’s been done to death now and I can’t believe they actually asked him how much less the experienced players will now be earning.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 3150 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't understand why he would answer this. I can't imagine the players are thrilled with this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 3137 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:07 - Apr 28 by No9

Why should he do that?

The job he did was taken for granted. Now it seems he's getting the credit he's due based on what's happened to us since.

Even then I don't think he's particularly enjoying our plight. It was also his legacy of a young, valuable but sustainable side that was ripped to pieces.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 3126 viewsm14_blue

I don’t like this, I don’t like it at all.

It’s not Mick’s place to be revealing details of their contracts.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 3124 viewsjeera

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:14 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I don't understand why he would answer this. I can't imagine the players are thrilled with this.

You gotta hand it to Phil though...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:20 - Apr 28 with 3118 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:10 - Apr 28 by Ftnfwest

Yes I’m not sure why they keep asking him about us, it’s been done to death now and I can’t believe they actually asked him how much less the experienced players will now be earning.

Unfortunately, that's the view from outside.

Rightly or wrongly, same as the outside view we have of other clubs and what they deserve.

We'll be the club that got what it wished for. Let's just hope we bounce back so that doesn't look even worse than it does now.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 3099 viewsJ2BLUE

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:17 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

Why should he do that?

The job he did was taken for granted. Now it seems he's getting the credit he's due based on what's happened to us since.

Even then I don't think he's particularly enjoying our plight. It was also his legacy of a young, valuable but sustainable side that was ripped to pieces.

I've defended MM for ages but this is going too far. He's also getting snippy about the financial side of things now despite his bi-weekly "I knew the job when I signed up and have no complaints" speech.

Truly impaired.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:23 - Apr 28 with 3076 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:21 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I've defended MM for ages but this is going too far. He's also getting snippy about the financial side of things now despite his bi-weekly "I knew the job when I signed up and have no complaints" speech.

I think people take it far too seriously.

It's fair comment from someone who a) knows what he's talking about and b) is being asked for his comments by journalists.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:24 - Apr 28 with 3061 viewsjeera

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:23 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

It's fair comment from someone who a) knows what he's talking about and b) is being asked for his comments by journalists.

I prefer my version.

"Hmm, the forum's a bit quiet today - ooh, I know!".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:27 - Apr 28 with 3047 viewsFtnfwest

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:20 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

Unfortunately, that's the view from outside.

Rightly or wrongly, same as the outside view we have of other clubs and what they deserve.

We'll be the club that got what it wished for. Let's just hope we bounce back so that doesn't look even worse than it does now.

Let’s hope so. I’m sure Sheffield Utd fans wished for better than league one for five years or whatever it was.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:30 - Apr 28 with 3019 viewsJ2BLUE

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:23 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

I don't think anyone is too bothered. Just most people can see it's a bit out of order to talk publicly about player contracts. Even if you only look at the impact it could have on the club, other clubs now know most of our experienced players can probably have their head turned by an offer of Championship money.

Truly impaired.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 2997 viewsm14_blue

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:30 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I don't think anyone is too bothered. Just most people can see it's a bit out of order to talk publicly about player contracts. Even if you only look at the impact it could have on the club, other clubs now know most of our experienced players can probably have their head turned by an offer of Championship money.

Exactly, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it but it’s obviously a step too far for an ex manager to make these kind of comments.

It lacks class and that’s not something you could often say of Mick.

I’ve no idea if he was asked directly (seems unlikely) but, even if he was, MM is perfectly capable of deflecting or telling them it’s a totally inappropriate question.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:40 - Apr 28 with 2980 viewsfactual_blue

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:24 - Apr 28 by jeera

I prefer my version.

"Hmm, the forum's a bit quiet today - ooh, I know!".

Phil: 'Hi Mick. It's Phil Ham here.

MM: Hey Oop Hammsy. What can I do for you?

PH: Well TWTD is a bit quiet today. Anything you could say to help?

MM: Leave it to me. I've just got t'feed t'whippet and then I've got an interview to give. I'll say summat in that to help you out. Should I mention the cheese the fans sent me?

PH: Best leave that until things get really bad. Thanks Mick. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got to another level in Candy Crush.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:43 - Apr 28 with 2975 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:30 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

But the idea that relegation clauses meant that wages were cut by half or more was already out there. We’ve been talking about it on here for weeks, maybe even a couple of months.

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 2936 viewsbrogansnose

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:33 - Apr 28 by m14_blue

Exactly, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it but it’s obviously a step too far for an ex manager to make these kind of comments.

It lacks class and that’s not something you could often say of Mick.

I’ve no idea if he was asked directly (seems unlikely) but, even if he was, MM is perfectly capable of deflecting or telling them it’s a totally inappropriate question.

I'm amazed that journalists are so interested in lil ol Ipswich for Mick to answer questions about. Perhaps there's not much to discuss regarding Ireland. It smacks of ' if I was still at Ipswich then they wouldn't be taking a pay cut am I not wonderfull ? '

Now, I loved Mick and didn't get the hate thing for him but all this schizzle is losing him points in my book. For goodness sake Mick its all done and you got the Ireland job for yourself, now move on .
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 2924 viewsm14_blue

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:49 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

I'm amazed that journalists are so interested in lil ol Ipswich for Mick to answer questions about. Perhaps there's not much to discuss regarding Ireland. It smacks of ' if I was still at Ipswich then they wouldn't be taking a pay cut am I not wonderfull ? '

Now, I loved Mick and didn't get the hate thing for him but all this schizzle is losing him points in my book. For goodness sake Mick its all done and you got the Ireland job for yourself, now move on .

My thoughts exactly.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:53 - Apr 28 with 2921 viewsJ2BLUE

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:49 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

Agree he's clearly a lot more bitter than he would like to let on. I understand it. He had a nice little job on good money and little pressure. He did also get unfair stick from a minority but his time was up.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024