Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep Bart 13:23 - Jun 25 with 1611 viewsWestcountryblue

In my opinion, we keep Bart and go into the season with the best keeper in the league.

All promotion winning sides have good spines, we just need to add a bit more quality upfront and depth at the back and we should have enough. Maybe a left sided winger as well, but the likes of Edwards and Rowe have played incredibly well in the lower leagues and deserve a shot.
Keep Bart on 13:24 - Jun 25 with 1606 viewsKieran_Knows

Oh good, another season of him not commanding his 6/18 yard box then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Keep Bart on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 1592 viewshomer_123

Err - I'll be honest here. He's a shadow of his former self - I'm not convinced he'll be back to anything like his best if he stays.

I think it best for both parties he moves on.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Keep Bart on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 1589 viewsSitfcB

Get rid. Wants to leave.

Get a million for him whilst we can.

Could’ve had £3.5 mill last year.

Can leave for free next year can’t he??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Keep Bart on 13:30 - Jun 25 with 1581 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Keep Bart on 13:28 - Jun 25 by homer_123

Err - I'll be honest here. He's a shadow of his former self - I'm not convinced he'll be back to anything like his best if he stays.

Why, after one bad season, is he written off?

A couple of seasons back Hazard was useless. Nothing like he was before or has been since.

Bart has had 3 superb seasons and then one bad one which coincided with the whole team being awful, especially the defence. Perhaps it was simply a confidence thing which won't be the same in a division we are near the top of potentially.

If he had another bad year then I'd agree. But after one bad year and three superb ones, it's all a bit silly to write him off.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Keep Bart on 13:31 - Jun 25 with 1572 viewsOsborneOneNil

Totally agree. His wage will potentially put a spanner in our intended transfer dealings too.
Keep Bart on 13:32 - Jun 25 with 1569 viewsOldsmoker

A keeper with a (as yet undisclosed) medical problem?
I believe Bart is just too much of a man for Millwall to handle.
He might embarass some of the little ones in the showers.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 13:33]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Keep Bart on 13:32 - Jun 25 with 1562 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keep Bart on 13:30 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A couple of seasons back Hazard was useless. Nothing like he was before or has been since.

Bart has had 3 superb seasons and then one bad one which coincided with the whole team being awful, especially the defence. Perhaps it was simply a confidence thing which won't be the same in a division we are near the top of potentially.

If he had another bad year then I'd agree. But after one bad year and three superb ones, it's all a bit silly to write him off.

Not the same without webster.

Time to move on when you take the fee and wages into account.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keep Bart on 13:35 - Jun 25 with 1534 viewshomer_123

He wants to go though. He wants to play International football....he won't get that here.

His head was turned at the WC, his form dipped - one could argue our defence lost confidence as Bart was nothing like the player he was, as much as the other way around.

He's a very good keeper and could be head and shoulders above the rest in League 1 but I honestly feel he needs to go.

In fact, he will go.

Login to get fewer ads

Keep Bart on 13:35 - Jun 25 with 1529 viewsGuthrum

Couple of elements here.

Firstly, if the knee thing is actually a serious issue and affecting Bialkowski's performances, then that bodes ill for the forthcoming season. It may turn a one-off loss of form into a more permanent problem.

Secondly, the drop in standard to Leage One (and perhaps reorganised defence) may give our 'keeper an easier job, thus allowing him to rebuild his confidence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keep Bart on 13:37 - Jun 25 with 1511 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keep Bart on 13:32 - Jun 25 by Oldsmoker

A keeper with a (as yet undisclosed) medical problem?
I believe Bart is just too much of a man for Millwall to handle.
He might embarass some of the little ones in the showers.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 13:33]

Medical problem?

You just need to look at his appearance record for us.

...he's pretty much our only player who doesn't have injury concerns.

Amazing that Didz and Webster sailed through medicals and Bart didnt.

Millwall can do one. Sly b4stards trying a last minute chip.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keep Bart on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 1503 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Keep Bart on 13:32 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not the same without webster.

Time to move on when you take the fee and wages into account.

Not the same without Webster?

The same Webster that missed 50% of the games during the time he and Bart were both at the club?

So what are you saying? Webster was so good that he made Bart seem like player of the season in half the games he played?

If anything, Bart having to make so many great saves was in spite of Webster being in the team, or being injured. I am not sure how a centre half makes the keeper look good!

Keep Bart on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 1490 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keep Bart on 13:35 - Jun 25 by Guthrum

Couple of elements here.

Firstly, if the knee thing is actually a serious issue and affecting Bialkowski's performances, then that bodes ill for the forthcoming season. It may turn a one-off loss of form into a more permanent problem.

Secondly, the drop in standard to Leage One (and perhaps reorganised defence) may give our 'keeper an easier job, thus allowing him to rebuild his confidence.

I doubt there is any ongoing knee injury.

More likely a fear that one may occur in the future due to his history.

Keep Bart on 13:40 - Jun 25 with 1481 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keep Bart on 13:38 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not the same without Webster?

The same Webster that missed 50% of the games during the time he and Bart were both at the club?

So what are you saying? Webster was so good that he made Bart seem like player of the season in half the games he played?

If anything, Bart having to make so many great saves was in spite of Webster being in the team, or being injured. I am not sure how a centre half makes the keeper look good!

....ahem.

Malcolm Webster, you know, his GOALKEEPING coach who left before last season.

I didn't think I needed to spell that out, it seemed obvious.

Keep Bart on 13:40 - Jun 25 with 1473 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Keep Bart on 13:35 - Jun 25 by homer_123

He wants to go though. He wants to play International football....he won't get that here.

His head was turned at the WC, his form dipped - one could argue our defence lost confidence as Bart was nothing like the player he was, as much as the other way around.

He's a very good keeper and could be head and shoulders above the rest in League 1 but I honestly feel he needs to go.

In fact, he will go.

He may want to go and need to go.

But that's got nothing to do with whether he's no good anymore.

I don't buy that he suddenly decided he was above the club and didn't need to try. If anything the taste of international football would have been an incentive to keep doing what he'd been doing.

Keep Bart on 13:42 - Jun 25 with 1453 viewshomer_123

Keep Bart on 13:40 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He may want to go and need to go.

But that's got nothing to do with whether he's no good anymore.

I don't buy that he suddenly decided he was above the club and didn't need to try. If anything the taste of international football would have been an incentive to keep doing what he'd been doing.

I didn't say he was 'no good' did I?

I said he's a shadow of his former self and I doubted he'd get back to anything like his best.

Keep Bart on 13:44 - Jun 25 with 1445 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Keep Bart on 13:40 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

....ahem.

It is now you say it.

Wasn't at the time!

Oops.

Keep Bart on 13:48 - Jun 25 with 1413 viewsOsborneOneNil

Keep Bart on 13:40 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

....ahem.

Oh dear.
Keep Bart on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 1400 viewsSimonds92

He had a year, maybe 2, of being a fantastic shot stopper, however that doesn't make you a fantastic keeper. If he could command his area and talk his defence through games its unlikely he would have to make at least half of those saves. I'm hoping that Holy is going to be a massive improvement in this department and it seems like selling Bart would be a no brainer.
Keep Bart on 17:18 - Jun 25 with 1307 viewsWestcountryblue

2-3 great years, 1 bad year...

Worth sticking with i think as he enters the prime of his career. No keeper in the league will has the pedigree of Bart.
Keep Bart on 22:50 - Jun 25 with 1196 viewsArnieM

Bart : over hyped !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Keep Bart on 23:30 - Jun 25 with 1167 viewsKeaneish

Likewise. I'm not convinced his heart is in it with us any more. Dropped twice, bombed out of International recognition and now a failed transfer with a new keeper waiting in the wings - his confidence must be low, mine would be.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024