Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... 23:12 - Jul 7 with 1626 viewsChurchman75

Say 1.5 for Mings

800 k for Clarke

10 players released - ave 5k per week = 260k per week x 10 = 2.6m

Player wages cut by 45% as said in their contacts
The squad wages were 18 million so let’s say after realised players = 14m
So I’d say a saving of 5-6 million

That’s a total of around £9 million

That’s without the Webster deal.
Plus more season tickets

Then there more season tickets sold....

Am I right or strong?

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:15 - Jul 7 with 1604 viewsJ2BLUE

£450k for Harrison.

Doubt we saved that much on wages to be honest and not all players will have had the relegation clause?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 1591 viewsElderGrizzly

Strong? You’re Mr Muscle of course..

That might at a stretch be near the £9m loss of revenue, but there was an underlying multi-million pound loss too on top of that.

Those season tickets were of course cheaper than before, so probably no better off, plus there will now be a reduction in match day sales as more have the Season Tickets
Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:26 - Jul 7 with 1557 viewswallyvincent

Taking a simplistic view....
As you say and based on the figures you quote.
18-2.6 leaves 15.4
15.4 *0.55 = 8.47 a difference of 9.53 mill from last year

In league one a wage bill of 8.47mill would make us the 2nd largest.

I suspect ME has told PL that he expects top 6 a minimum and any cash for signings will have to be generated by wheeling and dealing.

We will still need ME to input 4-5mill

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:56 - Jul 7 with 1477 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:20 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

Strong? You’re Mr Muscle of course..

That might at a stretch be near the £9m loss of revenue, but there was an underlying multi-million pound loss too on top of that.

Those season tickets were of course cheaper than before, so probably no better off, plus there will now be a reduction in match day sales as more have the Season Tickets

Are you also including the spending on additional players in the second half of last season? I'm sure that cost us a million or two over the previous budget.

Pronouns: He/Him

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 00:08 - Jul 8 with 1450 viewsStNeotsBlue

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 23:56 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

Are you also including the spending on additional players in the second half of last season? I'm sure that cost us a million or two over the previous budget.

The more pertinent issue is that for years we are running on a bottom end Championship budget, we now seem to have scaled that limited ambition down to fit with our current League One status. Which isn't ideal.

That said I think we'll be there or there abouts come May, if Huws and Bishop can stay fit we'll win the league.
Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 07:35 - Jul 8 with 1149 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 00:08 - Jul 8 by StNeotsBlue

The more pertinent issue is that for years we are running on a bottom end Championship budget, we now seem to have scaled that limited ambition down to fit with our current League One status. Which isn't ideal.

That said I think we'll be there or there abouts come May, if Huws and Bishop can stay fit we'll win the league.

But even if we do win the league, or gain promotion, we will be back in the Chumpionship in 2020/21 with the same budget constraints. So will spend a few years struggling before another relegation probably. You have to wonder why Evans keeps doing this, locked in syndrome? Using shirt sponsorship to 'buy' favours elsewhere (and exploring possibilities beyond shirt sponsorship)? Delusion about using the same business model year after year suddenly getting a run of spectacular seasons getting us into the Champions League? Or he just cannot find a viable buyer for the club/

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 07:54 - Jul 8 with 1101 viewsxrayspecs

We only released seven senior pros, the three kids would not have been on much. Not sure any of them those released would have been big earners either. Perhaps £1.5m saving in total?

We have signed Norwood (who would command good money as a proven scorer at this level) and Holy. So that will eat into the savings above.

Not all the players have wage reductions, it will be the bigger earners and may only be the likes of Bart, Skuse, Chambers and Huws. I would be very surprised if the wage bill reduction is anything close to what you have predicted.

Season ticket numbers are up but revenue likely to be similar as last season due to lower prices.

Clarke will have added money to the coffers, as would Mings and potentially Webster (City do not want to sell him). This will not be in our budget for this season although could be spent once monies are received.

You should add in the monies spent on loanees last season as a potential saving. What we do not know is how much we paid their parent clubs/proportion of wages covered. It may well be not much for the likes of Pennington, Chalobah as we were giving them game time they would not have otherwise got. But some of this would be savings e.g Collins.

Difficult to know but with Harrison and Clarke money we may have closed around half the £9m shortfall?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 7:56]
Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 08:25 - Jul 8 with 1013 viewsGeoffSentence

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 07:54 - Jul 8 by xrayspecs

We only released seven senior pros, the three kids would not have been on much. Not sure any of them those released would have been big earners either. Perhaps £1.5m saving in total?

We have signed Norwood (who would command good money as a proven scorer at this level) and Holy. So that will eat into the savings above.

Not all the players have wage reductions, it will be the bigger earners and may only be the likes of Bart, Skuse, Chambers and Huws. I would be very surprised if the wage bill reduction is anything close to what you have predicted.

Season ticket numbers are up but revenue likely to be similar as last season due to lower prices.

Clarke will have added money to the coffers, as would Mings and potentially Webster (City do not want to sell him). This will not be in our budget for this season although could be spent once monies are received.

You should add in the monies spent on loanees last season as a potential saving. What we do not know is how much we paid their parent clubs/proportion of wages covered. It may well be not much for the likes of Pennington, Chalobah as we were giving them game time they would not have otherwise got. But some of this would be savings e.g Collins.

Difficult to know but with Harrison and Clarke money we may have closed around half the £9m shortfall?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 7:56]

Regarding the money spent on loans at the end of last season, what about our outgoing loans. We had Rowe out all season, Donacien and Roberts both went out later on would we not have got some sort of loan fee for them? Or is it that we brought in the likes of Bree, Keane, Quaner and Elder came from larger clubs and so likely to command a loan fee? For that matter does anyone genuinely know what and if we paid for those loans or is it all speculation?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 08:28 - Jul 8 with 1005 viewsWhymarkmariner

Whatever we receive for players, savings via wage cuts and reduced squad plus higher ST sales we will never know how the club is situated. PL has already said money from sell on clauses don't count this coming season and why should there be expectations of being in the top six. All seems a bit McCarthy ish if you ask me. Perhaps M.E. is dampening down PL's expectations of cash for a transfer budget. When during the closed season we were hearing that targets were, or had been made can it honestly, Norwood apart, be said that Holy was a target ? I very much doubt it. They knew that one goalie wasn't getting a new contract and the other was going to be sold. They got Holy in and were going to get another in if Bart went. But he didn't and there probably lays the reason for no one else coming in as yet. All I can see is maybe one or two loan players. But don't hold your breath.
Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 08:29 - Jul 8 with 997 viewsxrayspecs

Surely we have near on recovered most of the 9 million loss..... on 08:25 - Jul 8 by GeoffSentence

Regarding the money spent on loans at the end of last season, what about our outgoing loans. We had Rowe out all season, Donacien and Roberts both went out later on would we not have got some sort of loan fee for them? Or is it that we brought in the likes of Bree, Keane, Quaner and Elder came from larger clubs and so likely to command a loan fee? For that matter does anyone genuinely know what and if we paid for those loans or is it all speculation?

Quite possibly albeit I suspect it was more along the lines of having (some of) their wages covered by the clubs who loaned them. Cannot imagine that any of those three are big earners at Ipswich, so sums may not be significant.

To your question at the end, we do not know the financial details.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024