Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Keane 20:27 - Jul 30 with 3516 viewsHackneyblueboy

Go get him Marcus. Must be a deal to be done now Barts wages are off the books!
Will Keane on 20:44 - Jul 30 with 3446 viewsblueconscience

We need less injuries, not more!!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Will Keane on 21:04 - Jul 30 with 3367 viewsjas0999

Seriously? The guy has a terrible injury record. Misses more than he plays!
Will Keane on 21:05 - Jul 30 with 3362 viewsElderGrizzly

Will Keane on 21:04 - Jul 30 by jas0999

Seriously? The guy has a terrible injury record. Misses more than he plays!

Terrible injury record and terrible scoring record. 8 goals in his 8 year career
Will Keane on 22:14 - Jul 30 with 3139 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will Keane on 21:05 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

Terrible injury record and terrible scoring record. 8 goals in his 8 year career

Statistically he is tripling his goal return whilst halving his appearances so those 9 goals he will score next year in his 5-and-a-half games could be just what we need.

I think the guy is good enough. It is more a question over whether his fitness record makes him the best option. Hopefully we can find someone who is better value in terms of likelihood of staying fit and producing the goods.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will Keane on 22:20 - Jul 30 with 3106 viewsElderGrizzly

Will Keane on 22:14 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Statistically he is tripling his goal return whilst halving his appearances so those 9 goals he will score next year in his 5-and-a-half games could be just what we need.

I think the guy is good enough. It is more a question over whether his fitness record makes him the best option. Hopefully we can find someone who is better value in terms of likelihood of staying fit and producing the goods.

Ha yes. We might get 6 games out of him...
Will Keane on 00:04 - Jul 31 with 2983 viewsBlueBadger

Will Keane on 20:44 - Jul 30 by blueconscience

We need less injuries, not more!!!!

In the spirit of Getting Behind Your Country, we actually need FEWER injuries...
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 8:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Will Keane on 06:39 - Jul 31 with 2874 viewsblueconscience

Will Keane on 00:04 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

In the spirit of Getting Behind Your Country, we actually need FEWER injuries...

Me is not care’s and knot much hour’s of sleep is too be lost thank’s too odd grammar mistake I is human
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 7:23]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Will Keane on 08:20 - Jul 31 with 2686 viewsitfcjoe

I'd take him back, thought he was a class above when he actually played.

The injury concern is massive though and with our record can see why we wouldn't sign him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Keane on 08:32 - Jul 31 with 2647 viewsBlueySwede

Not sure where all the Will Keane-love is coming from. Ok, decent spell for us (WHEN not injured), but I would´t say he set the world on fire.
Will Keane on 08:47 - Jul 31 with 2595 viewsBigManBlue

Nah. He'll be another one we look back on in 18 months after 65 minutes across 4 games and say, "Who thought it was a good idea to waste money signing a player who can't seem to ever stay fit?"
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 9:29]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Will Keane on 08:54 - Jul 31 with 2574 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will Keane on 00:04 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

Fewer is only for things that can be counted.

I doubt anyone can actually count our injuries.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will Keane on 09:19 - Jul 31 with 2502 viewsTown_Boy

Will Keane on 08:54 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fewer is only for things that can be counted.

I doubt anyone can actually count our injuries.

Pay as you play goal bonus scheme 👍

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Will Keane on 09:21 - Jul 31 with 2487 viewsElderGrizzly

Will Keane on 08:20 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

I'd take him back, thought he was a class above when he actually played.

The injury concern is massive though and with our record can see why we wouldn't sign him.

Yet his whole career so far has been poor and he has lived off his Man Utd roots.

Nothing he has done makes you think he is any kind of answer to what we need
Will Keane on 09:22 - Jul 31 with 2480 viewsBigManBlue

Will Keane on 09:21 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

Yet his whole career so far has been poor and he has lived off his Man Utd roots.

Yeah but he boomed it in FM2011 so...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Will Keane on 09:23 - Jul 31 with 2474 viewsitfcjoe

Will Keane on 09:21 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

No, he's lived off the fact that when he plays he is very good, as he was for us last season.

Will Keane on 09:25 - Jul 31 with 2452 viewsElderGrizzly

Will Keane on 09:23 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

No, he's lived off the fact that when he plays he is very good, as he was for us last season.

He has scored 8 goals in his entire career, over 8 years.

He’s a striker...
Will Keane on 09:28 - Jul 31 with 2433 viewsNaylorsboots

Will Keane on 08:47 - Jul 31 by BigManBlue

Nah. He'll be another one we look back on in 18 months after 65 minutes across 4 games and say, "Who thought it was a good idea to waste money signing a player who can't seem to ever stay fit?"
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 9:29]

Agreed. Always an injury worry. Move on. Get your backside in gear though Evans. Find someone instead of sitting on your deck chair in some far off tax haven.
Will Keane on 09:34 - Jul 31 with 2395 viewsBoxerBlue

Must be worth a deal

I think he would link up very well with either Jackson or Norwood

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Will Keane on 09:35 - Jul 31 with 2388 viewsitfcjoe

Will Keane on 09:25 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

He has scored 8 goals in his entire career, over 8 years.

He’s a striker...

Why don't you worry about how he looks when he actually plays? Anyone who knows football can see he is a very good player.

It seems silly to criticise him for only scoring 8 goals in his career and being massively injury prone when the 2 are clearly linked.

He's started 49 games in his career, and played just over 4000 minutes - he effecitvely averages a goal every 6 games. It's nothing special but not embarrassing - he's never had a continuous run in the team because he hasn't stayed fit that is the issue, not his ability

Will Keane on 09:37 - Jul 31 with 2366 viewsclive_baker

Pass. Average on the rare occasions he is fit.

Norwood, Jackson, Judge playing off, Sears to come back, Morris & Folami to come through when fit, Lankester as an advanced wide player. Roberts back up. There are options.

Unless we're signing players that'll really move the needle a la Norwood I don't see the point. I would rather have fewer and better.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Will Keane on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 2271 viewsElderGrizzly

Will Keane on 09:35 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

Why don't you worry about how he looks when he actually plays? Anyone who knows football can see he is a very good player.

It seems silly to criticise him for only scoring 8 goals in his career and being massively injury prone when the 2 are clearly linked.

He's started 49 games in his career, and played just over 4000 minutes - he effecitvely averages a goal every 6 games. It's nothing special but not embarrassing - he's never had a continuous run in the team because he hasn't stayed fit that is the issue, not his ability

Anyone who knows football. Oh of course King Joe... :) is that why he is a very good player without a club?

I watched him, well for the limited time we could when he was fit. He looked better than what we had fit last season, but without ever being particularly effective.

Maybe he is worth a risk on a low wage, with appearance bonus and we hope he kicks on. I just think there is better use of our limited budget than to tie up £300k to £500k so of our wage budget on a low scoring striker
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:34]
Will Keane on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2255 viewsitfcjoe

Will Keane on 10:33 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

Anyone who knows football. Oh of course King Joe... :) is that why he is a very good player without a club?

I watched him, well for the limited time we could when he was fit. He looked better than what we had fit last season, but without ever being particularly effective.

Maybe he is worth a risk on a low wage, with appearance bonus and we hope he kicks on. I just think there is better use of our limited budget than to tie up £300k to £500k so of our wage budget on a low scoring striker
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 10:34]

The injury is clearly the biggest question on him, no one can deny that, the '8 goal' stat is just pointless wioth how little he has played.

He was a cut above as a striker for us, both up top and when playing as a 10 - I imagine before he picked up the injury every fan would have been wanting to sign him on what they'd seen.

Will Keane on 12:28 - Jul 31 with 2141 viewsDeano69

Will Keane on 22:14 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Some of the 'industrial grade' defending we are likely to see this season will probably mean he spend much more time injured than playing, yet alone scoring.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024