Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists 09:17 - Dec 13 with 880 viewsvapour_trail

Good.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 873 viewsGeoffSentence

I think we are seeing the final days of the UK. By 2030 both Northern Ireland and Scotland will have gone their own way.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:27 - Dec 13 with 869 viewsJ2BLUE

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:26 - Dec 13 by GeoffSentence

I think we are seeing the final days of the UK. By 2030 both Northern Ireland and Scotland will have gone their own way.

And the Welsh will be enslaved to provide a UBI for the English?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:27 - Dec 13 with 867 viewschicoazul

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:26 - Dec 13 by GeoffSentence

This is one of the most interesting things about this election. Also dont forget there is scope for a referendum in the Good Friday Surrender agreement, hidden away in the text.

I myself look forward to the re institution of the Kingdom of England and House Plantagenet.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 22:36 - Dec 13 with 833 viewsvapour_trail

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:27 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

This is one of the most interesting things about this election. Also dont forget there is scope for a referendum in the Good Friday Surrender agreement, hidden away in the text.

I myself look forward to the re institution of the Kingdom of England and House Plantagenet.

jesus, this is what complete ignorance looks like.

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:36 - Dec 14 with 787 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The Unionist vote was still significantly more that the Nationalist/Republican vote. One seat was won by Sinn Fein by 57 votes. Brexit was a significant factor in the election in NI with many unionists voting Alliance who did very well. Alliance are the centre ground, very pro EU, liberal party in NI. I'd guess that 70% of their vote comes from unionists, the vast majority of who would vote to remain in the UK in a referendum.

By 2030 I'd wager that both Scotland and NI will still be in the UK. A border poll will not be called in NI as firstly there is little chance of it going the way of the Republicans and secondly it would create such division that the threat of violence from the losing side would be too great. NI is not Scotland remember, nobody lost their life over the union question north of the border.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:45 - Dec 14 with 780 viewsvapour_trail

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:36 - Dec 14 by The_Last_Baron

The Unionist vote was still significantly more that the Nationalist/Republican vote. One seat was won by Sinn Fein by 57 votes. Brexit was a significant factor in the election in NI with many unionists voting Alliance who did very well. Alliance are the centre ground, very pro EU, liberal party in NI. I'd guess that 70% of their vote comes from unionists, the vast majority of who would vote to remain in the UK in a referendum.

By 2030 I'd wager that both Scotland and NI will still be in the UK. A border poll will not be called in NI as firstly there is little chance of it going the way of the Republicans and secondly it would create such division that the threat of violence from the losing side would be too great. NI is not Scotland remember, nobody lost their life over the union question north of the border.

Predominantly good analysis, TLB.

I’d say though, brexit will undoubtedly accelerate the inevitable shift towards nationalism in Ireland. I suspect the world will feel a very different place by your 2030 milestone.ireland should be a lot closer to reunification by that point.

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:56 - Dec 14 with 763 viewsmonytowbray

I’d be careful. You might get called an IRA sympathiser with that post.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 04:23 - Dec 14 with 717 viewseireblue

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:45 - Dec 14 by vapour_trail

I’d say though, brexit will undoubtedly accelerate the inevitable shift towards nationalism in Ireland. I suspect the world will feel a very different place by your 2030 milestone.ireland should be a lot closer to reunification by that point.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/northern-ireland-united-ireland-poll
Login to get fewer ads

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 07:15 - Dec 14 with 660 viewssparks

Why is that good?

What makes one group of people with a national identity better than another?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:43 - Dec 14 with 633 viewsmonytowbray

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 07:15 - Dec 14 by sparks

Why is that good?

What makes one group of people with a national identity better than another?

History.

You’re on the cusp of those people who ask why we don’t have white history month or straight pride day with that post.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:44]

TWTD never forgets…

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:49 - Dec 14 with 617 viewssparks

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:43 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

History.

You’re on the cusp of those people who ask why we don’t have white history month or straight pride day with that post.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:44]

What utter nonsense that is.

Why is one batch of people preferable to the other. You haven't answered that, you have just rolled out a pathetic insult to cover your ignorance and absence of an answer.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:53 - Dec 14 with 612 viewsmonytowbray

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:49 - Dec 14 by sparks

What utter nonsense that is.

Why is one batch of people preferable to the other. You haven't answered that, you have just rolled out a pathetic insult to cover your ignorance and absence of an answer.

You’ve continually shown for years a very one sided view in the struggles of Ireland. But hey, I’m the ignorant one!

TWTD never forgets…

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:54 - Dec 14 with 610 viewstractordownsouth

Na there won't be. The Tories have shown that they can offer whatever the hell they want in referendums, and won't offer people the chance to change their minds whenever what they offered turns out to be a pack of lies.

Except when the keep calling elections because they didn't like the result of the previous one.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:55 - Dec 14 with 609 viewssparks

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:53 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

You’ve continually shown for years a very one sided view in the struggles of Ireland. But hey, I’m the ignorant one!

Once again- no answer but a classic ad hominem instead.

You really are one of the most dishonest, slippery and unpleasant characters on this board. Your willingness to insult and question decent people's integrity, time after time, on the flimsiest of premises- which you won't even been pinned down upon the specifics of, is frankly despicable.

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:00 - Dec 14 with 604 viewsmonytowbray

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 08:55 - Dec 14 by sparks

Once again- no answer but a classic ad hominem instead.

You really are one of the most dishonest, slippery and unpleasant characters on this board. Your willingness to insult and question decent people's integrity, time after time, on the flimsiest of premises- which you won't even been pinned down upon the specifics of, is frankly despicable.

As I said, log out. You’re really not painting yourself in a good light this morning.

I’ve told you before, perhaps you should go visit some Catholic estates in Ireland and talk to people there about what they’ve experienced in the last 40 years to get some perspective. You could even do a test and call them IRA sympathisers, as the term you love to throw around seeing as you’ll find a lot of memorials to the hunger strikers in those areas, and see how that goes down for you.

TWTD never forgets…

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 09:11 - Dec 14 with 590 viewsgordon

Northern Ireland: nationalists > unionists on 01:45 - Dec 14 by vapour_trail

Yes - polls now are only indicative of how people in Northern Ireland might feel in 5-10 years after a Brexit deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024