Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards gets a lot of stick... 18:22 - Jan 25 with 1347 viewsChrisd

But he seems to be getting more confident in his new role by the week. A very encouraging display, along with better performances more recently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:24 - Jan 25 with 1327 viewsMrTown

Not as bad as people state. Not a natural wing-back but has acquitted himself ok there, especially since the turn of the year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:32 - Jan 25 with 1282 viewsclive_baker

He’s certainly better going forward, as is Garbutt. With a central defensive 3 it can work, which is why I think this shape is so important. The last time we played a back 4 was away to Lincoln and we were ripped to sh1t with him at right back for the most part once Donacien went off.

I think it helps having such a strong work ethic further forward too. Downes, Judge, Huws, Keane & Jackson get through an awful lot of work and push back their defensive line. He’s not the best footballer in the world but Jackson is an unsung hero in this side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:39 - Jan 25 with 1242 viewsSchancheITFC

Edwards is a great little player, could do with putting on a bit of muscle in the off season
Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:45 - Jan 25 with 1217 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:32 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

He’s certainly better going forward, as is Garbutt. With a central defensive 3 it can work, which is why I think this shape is so important. The last time we played a back 4 was away to Lincoln and we were ripped to sh1t with him at right back for the most part once Donacien went off.

I think it helps having such a strong work ethic further forward too. Downes, Judge, Huws, Keane & Jackson get through an awful lot of work and push back their defensive line. He’s not the best footballer in the world but Jackson is an unsung hero in this side.

Some weird downvotes going on! All seemed reasonable to me!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:48 - Jan 25 with 1204 viewsRyorry

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:45 - Jan 25 by Terry_Nutkins

Some weird downvotes going on! All seemed reasonable to me!

Not just on this thread either.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 19:03 - Jan 25 with 1157 viewsBLUEBEAT

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 18:48 - Jan 25 by Ryorry

Not just on this thread either.

prp

Poll: W or W

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 19:10 - Jan 25 with 1128 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought he was very good defensively today, at the expense of his normal attacking flair.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 09:44 - Jan 26 with 814 viewsRomeo4

He was excellent yesterday. He’s another who’s benefiting from a settled line up.

I’ve not been his biggest fan but he seems finally to be understanding the wing back role much better. KYV coming back will be a real boost for us but it’s less urgent now down to how Edwards is playing.
Login to get fewer ads

Edwards gets a lot of stick... on 10:05 - Jan 26 with 778 viewsHerbivore

Jackson is arguably our most important player, he's certainly up there. He creates chances for others, chips in with goals, and his pace and work rate constantly keeps at least two defenders occupied. He's been excellent this season and his absence at Oxford was really noticeable. Sure, we'd all like him to have a better first touch but if he had that with all his other attributes
I doubt he'd be playing for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024