Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get to go car shopping when I get home... 13:24 - Jan 10 with 3501 viewsNewcyBlue

Unfortunately MrsN had a car accident last week. She was ok. But our new car wasn’t. Luckily the other driver wasn’t hurt. Although he drove into MrsN.

As soon as she sent me a photo of the damage I said it was a write off. And it was.

Something I could do without really.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 13:26 - Jan 10 with 2456 viewsGeoffSentence

COuldn't you just crack open one of your containers and swipe one from there?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 2391 viewsSwansea_Blue

A nice little run around without going bananas?

Or you could just go full bananas:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:18 - Jan 10 with 2379 viewsjeera

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:16 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

A nice little run around without going bananas?

Or you could just go full bananas:

I've always regretted selling that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:19 - Jan 10 with 2375 viewsSwansea_Blue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:18 - Jan 10 by jeera

I've always regretted selling that.

I'm not surprised, it's quite a-peel-ing.....

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:20 - Jan 10 with 2370 viewsjeera

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:19 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not surprised, it's quite a-peel-ing.....

...............ouch.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:21 - Jan 10 with 2369 viewsSwansea_Blue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:20 - Jan 10 by jeera

...............ouch.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:25 - Jan 10 with 2340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Glad to hear she’s ok mate. You didn’t let her drive the Jag did you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:35 - Jan 10 with 2340 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:25 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Glad to hear she’s ok mate. You didn’t let her drive the Jag did you?

Yes. I barely got to drive the thing anyway. She loved that car.

I did tell her I wanted to upgrade, but I didn’t mean for her to arrange for it to happen this quickly...

I’ve got 2.5 weeks until I get home.

Hope all is well mate. Happy New Year and all that.

Login to get fewer ads

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:51 - Jan 10 with 2308 viewschicoazul

FWIW I tested the Hyundai I30N Fastback the other day and it is superb, and rapid. 25k.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:54 - Jan 10 with 2295 viewsNewcyBlue

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:51 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

FWIW I tested the Hyundai I30N Fastback the other day and it is superb, and rapid. 25k.

She said she wants another XF

I am now looking at the XJ. Heated seats and steering wheel should convince her.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:03 - Jan 10 with 2274 viewsjeera

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 14:54 - Jan 10 by NewcyBlue

She said she wants another XF

I am now looking at the XJ. Heated seats and steering wheel should convince her.

That's where it went wrong before.

It should have a steering wheel.

Bloody cutting corners.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:24 - Jan 10 with 2227 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Had a Hyundai pool car about thirty years ago. It was Pony. And it was.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:02 - Jan 10 with 2181 viewsMJallday

Hope ur kiddies ok newcs

So I had a Jaguar same as newcys - in fact newcy has a look round mine before buying) but I sold it in October and bought the i30n performance (hag was lovely but pain in the arse to maintain and build quality was poor)

The i30n - What a car

The sound and performance is something else. I did a 0-60 burn in it a couple weeks ago - 5.1!!

Paid 23k for it reduced from 30

Would highly recommend

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:04 - Jan 10 with 2175 viewschicoazul

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:02 - Jan 10 by MJallday

Hope ur kiddies ok newcs

So I had a Jaguar same as newcys - in fact newcy has a look round mine before buying) but I sold it in October and bought the i30n performance (hag was lovely but pain in the arse to maintain and build quality was poor)

The i30n - What a car

The sound and performance is something else. I did a 0-60 burn in it a couple weeks ago - 5.1!!

Paid 23k for it reduced from 30

Would highly recommend

Nice. Is that the hatchback or fastback?
to the other poster, the Hyundai had a heated steering wheel for deffo and I think it had heated seats too!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:08 - Jan 10 with 2172 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 15:24 - Jan 10 by Tangledupin_Blue

Had a Hyundai pool car about thirty years ago. It was Pony. And it was.

The i30n is a different beast from what they’ve ever done before

Even civic type RS , Golf R’s and rs3s think about backing off!

https://ibb.co/dJwDqzk

That’s my baby

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:09 - Jan 10 with 2170 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:04 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

Nice. Is that the hatchback or fastback?
to the other poster, the Hyundai had a heated steering wheel for deffo and I think it had heated seats too!

Hatch

As standard all seats are heated and steering wheel too
There’s literally no options , it comes with everything

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:10 - Jan 10 with 2160 viewschicoazul

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:08 - Jan 10 by MJallday

The i30n is a different beast from what they’ve ever done before

Even civic type RS , Golf R’s and rs3s think about backing off!

https://ibb.co/dJwDqzk

That’s my baby

Nice, that's the colour I tested, looks so good IRL.

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:11 - Jan 10 with 2161 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:09 - Jan 10 by MJallday

Hatch

As standard all seats are heated and steering wheel too
There’s literally no options , it comes with everything

The 0-60 run - I could go Quicker

https://ibb.co/JBwSdwn

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:12 - Jan 10 with 2153 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:10 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

Yeah the performance blue
It’s a 595 extra but worth it
the black and grey makes it look like a golf

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:13 - Jan 10 with 2148 viewschicoazul

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:11 - Jan 10 by MJallday

The 0-60 run - I could go Quicker

https://ibb.co/JBwSdwn

The only thing I thought was if it would be an easy car to live with. 2 kids a wife and a dog here. And I also worried if it might not be a bit uncomfortable on a long drive, so 2 hours +?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:15 - Jan 10 with 2142 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:10 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

Only criticism

The fuel bill is horrid

Average mpg on a burn 18-22
Average normal 26-28
Average eco - 28-32

And it only has a 350 mile range tank, so you become best friends with your local petrol station

Totally worth it for the noise - scares the s–- out of passers by :)

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:17 - Jan 10 with 2136 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:13 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

The only thing I thought was if it would be an easy car to live with. 2 kids a wife and a dog here. And I also worried if it might not be a bit uncomfortable on a long drive, so 2 hours +?

I do Hereford to Swindon every day
No issues except my petrol bill

It’s much more comfy than the focus and fiesta st but it can be quite firm, you can adjust the magnetic suspension on the screen though to make it softer

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:22 - Jan 10 with 2126 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:17 - Jan 10 by MJallday

I do Hereford to Swindon every day
No issues except my petrol bill

It’s much more comfy than the focus and fiesta st but it can be quite firm, you can adjust the magnetic suspension on the screen though to make it softer

Decent review here

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:31 - Jan 10 with 2115 viewsgeg1992

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:15 - Jan 10 by MJallday

Only criticism

The fuel bill is horrid

Average mpg on a burn 18-22
Average normal 26-28
Average eco - 28-32

And it only has a 350 mile range tank, so you become best friends with your local petrol station

Totally worth it for the noise - scares the s–- out of passers by :)

Ouch, I had looked at these, didn't realise the fuel was so bad. I know it's a performance car, but manufacturers seem to be good at getting good fuel economy these days. thought it might do 40mpg on a steady eco run.

When I see stats like that, I'd rather get a 335D or something. 4.8 seconds 0-60 and 45mpg +

Although noises is what I'd miss. Do they pop and crackle loudly?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 17:00 - Jan 10 with 2079 viewsMJallday

I get to go car shopping when I get home... on 16:31 - Jan 10 by geg1992

Ouch, I had looked at these, didn't realise the fuel was so bad. I know it's a performance car, but manufacturers seem to be good at getting good fuel economy these days. thought it might do 40mpg on a steady eco run.

When I see stats like that, I'd rather get a 335D or something. 4.8 seconds 0-60 and 45mpg +

Although noises is what I'd miss. Do they pop and crackle loudly?

Yeah the economy is the worst bit versus it’s competitors
Apparently they settle down after 6k miles ive only for 2.5 though, best I’ve had on a 2 hour run is 34.1 I’ve seen today someone getting 39 but ultimately it’s a performance car

In terms of sound There is nothing on the market that sounds like it. BMW’s exhaust doesn’t even come close (I’ve driven the 135m and 140m) the engine is nicer in the bmw and it’s quicker in a straight line but your doubling the price and tbh in the corners the bmw it’s not as good

It obviously depends how hard you lift off - the butterfly valves so you can drive it without any bangs if you keep it under 2.5k rpm but it still “warbles”

Mrs Mj reacons she heard me gun mine along Roman road - that’s about 1/2 mile from where I live

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024