Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: 14:47 - Mar 2 with 1938 viewshomer_123

'I don’t think the feeling within the group is that it is down to pressure. It’s just, sort of, doing the basics better and improving our game management. We’ve discussed that in the last couple of weeks.'

I'd say that this is pretty much spot on but why, oh why, is this the case so long into PLs tenure?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 14:49 - Mar 2 with 1905 viewsartsbossbeard

Maybe we should start doing that short goal kick thing that Man City do so well?

JOKE.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 14:53 - Mar 2 with 1876 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be disappointed if it was down to pressure.

If you cant take the pressure of playing for Ipswich in League 1, then you shouldn't be in professional football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:00 - Mar 2 with 1826 viewsIpswichKnight

can you imagine us trying to do the short goal kick, Holy to Chambers .... HOOF just about gets to the half way line were we fail to compete for the header to find the ball coming back at us with our centre halves even more out of position than usual!
One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:02 - Mar 2 with 1814 viewsBlueBadger

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to suspect it's because the manager isn't very good at his job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:23 - Mar 2 with 1730 viewsArnieM

I’d say a lot of it is down to sheer ARROGANCE., eg making whole sale changes every game. Postponing games with no good reason ( given the size and reported “ quality” of our squad) The way way this. Club has approached its first season in the third Division for over 60 years is disgraceful IMO. Just imagine the incentive our attitude both individually and collectively, has given our opponents week in week out.

Frankly Ipswich Town FC are getting what they deserve. F luck all.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:28 - Mar 2 with 1698 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:23 - Mar 2 by ArnieM

I’d say a lot of it is down to sheer ARROGANCE., eg making whole sale changes every game. Postponing games with no good reason ( given the size and reported “ quality” of our squad) The way way this. Club has approached its first season in the third Division for over 60 years is disgraceful IMO. Just imagine the incentive our attitude both individually and collectively, has given our opponents week in week out.

Frankly Ipswich Town FC are getting what they deserve. F luck all.

The postponement of games and rotation was a f*cking farce.

...I think he also (maybe no realising is) started putting excuses into the players' heads.

....soooo many games in this league etc. Boll0cks.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:31 - Mar 2 with 1679 viewsChateauWines

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:28 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

...I think he also (maybe no realising is) started putting excuses into the players' heads.

Totally agree, our attitude from Rochdale onwards has stank this year. Said before Gillingham away team celebration was cringeworthy and disrespectful.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:07 - Mar 2 with 1510 viewsstrikalite

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:28 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

As soon as you start talking about tiredness, tiredness creeps in...

I want my Manager to talk positive and upbeat at the very least..
Login to get fewer ads

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:15 - Mar 2 with 1482 viewsBrixtonBlue

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:02 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to suspect it's because the manager isn't very good at his job.

While this appears to be true, the players shouldn't need telling how to do the basics. Or even thinking they should be doing them better. This is basic stuff (pun intended) that they should know already. WTF is wrong with them?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:17 - Mar 2 with 1475 viewstextbackup

What I will never understand is why Chambers hasn’t taken it upon himself to stop thumbing it long from a kick off. It’s literally every single time and we never gain from it.
He won’t be dropped for not doing it, so why does he continue to do so

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:45 - Mar 2 with 1380 viewstextbackup

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:15 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

While this appears to be true, the players shouldn't need telling how to do the basics. Or even thinking they should be doing them better. This is basic stuff (pun intended) that they should know already. WTF is wrong with them?!

Our players are thick and weak. Unable to think for themselves - 1st goal sat is a perfect example

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:50 - Mar 2 with 1349 viewsBrixtonBlue

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:45 - Mar 2 by textbackup

Our players are thick and weak. Unable to think for themselves - 1st goal sat is a perfect example

Yes, I quite agree.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 18:17 - Mar 2 with 1290 viewsNewcyBlue

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:50 - Mar 2 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, I quite agree.

That took me a moment....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 10:51 - Mar 3 with 953 viewslondontractorboy57

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 15:02 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

Blame the manager if yo must did he tell Garbutt to pratt around with the ball did he tell Freddie if theres an open goal try and go round the keeper of course he didn't at what stage do the players take responsibility to do the basics right!
Skuse tells him to. (n/t) on 11:00 - Mar 3 with 933 viewsBloots

One shouldn't take things in isolation but this comment from Kean: on 17:17 - Mar 2 by textbackup

What I will never understand is why Chambers hasn’t taken it upon himself to stop thumbing it long from a kick off. It’s literally every single time and we never gain from it.
He won’t be dropped for not doing it, so why does he continue to do so

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024