Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton 17:47 - Mar 4 with 1802 viewsskankerman

A manager who always comes across as a decent guy, would be loyal to the club and doesn't hog the media back pages
But goes about his business in the right manner, historically done a good job at many clubs
I think he would suit the Ipswich culture , not sure he would want Division 1
I like the idea of Chris Hughton becoming our manager and moving us forward from our current position
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:06 - Mar 4 with 1730 viewsKeaneish

Watched his Brighton side lots. Another Negative brand of football. Not for me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 1712 viewsITFCBlues

Why would he want to come to a L1 club?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:11 - Mar 4 with 1701 viewsitfcjoe

Can’t imagine he’d drop into L1, and the thought of another ex-Norwich manager doesn’t fill me with much joy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:16 - Mar 4 with 1677 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine the call from his agent

"Hi Chris, you know I said i'd find you another top job? How would you like to drop down into league one with a bang average squad and an owner who has starved the playing squad of funds so badly he has overseen a systematic decline in the club? Chris? Hello?"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:21 - Mar 4 with 1653 viewsChurchman

He has done a good job wherever he has gone but regardless of whether the style of his football is good or bad, he is way out of our league. He will go to a Championship side like say Stoke or one of the Premier relegated clubs
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:01 - Mar 4 with 1546 viewsBloomBlue

We dont want decent guys we want someone who will kick at$e
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:36 - Mar 4 with 1452 viewsMattinLondon

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:01 - Mar 4 by BloomBlue

Wasn’t that what tripped up Hurst? He went in too hard.

I’ll settle for someone who wants to play entertaining football, knows how to go about it, knows various leagues inside out for bargains and is very ruthless in getting what he wants.

No idea who that manager is mind.
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:46 - Mar 4 with 1391 viewsgordon

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:01 - Mar 4 by BloomBlue

Think we tried that with Keane and Hurst!
Login to get fewer ads

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:59 - Mar 4 with 1351 viewsJimmy86

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:46 - Mar 4 by gordon

Think we tried that with Keane and Hurst!

Looking at the comfort zone the players still appear to be in from the Mick era, was Hurst necessarily wrong in wanting to shake things up?

Maybe he hadn't earned the right and could've gone about it in a different way, but the players appear to be mentally week and down tools whenever something is not to their liking. This comfort zone culture at the club is the crux of the issue. All just too comfortable I'm afraid
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 20:55 - Mar 4 with 1234 viewsagentp

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 19:59 - Mar 4 by Jimmy86

Looking at the comfort zone the players still appear to be in from the Mick era, was Hurst necessarily wrong in wanting to shake things up?

Maybe he hadn't earned the right and could've gone about it in a different way, but the players appear to be mentally week and down tools whenever something is not to their liking. This comfort zone culture at the club is the crux of the issue. All just too comfortable I'm afraid

There are ways to kick arse. You can do it and earn respect or do it and lose it. Unfortunately, Hurst lost it. Managing characters is a skill that PH didn't have.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 20:59 - Mar 4 with 1208 viewsSimonds92

An ex budgie with the same Mick McCarthy brand of football. A resounding no imo.
In an era where most teams are trying to play properly it can't be much to ask to have a manager who plays an attractive brand of football that can win games in league 1.
Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 21:58 - Mar 4 with 1097 viewshaynes_toe1

Long term objective proper planning Chris Hughton on 18:06 - Mar 4 by Keaneish

Watched his Brighton side lots. Another Negative brand of football. Not for me.

Could easily get a top 6 champs job. No way is he coming near us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024