Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website 13:09 - Apr 26 with 2620 viewsr2d2

Get over there and vote for Robson or Ramsey. Ferguson looks like winning it. There are some great managers in that list.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:12 - Apr 26 with 1918 viewsPecker

Ferguson should win it.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:13 - Apr 26 with 1890 viewsHerbivore

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:12 - Apr 26 by Pecker

Ferguson should win it.

How many World Cups did Fergie win?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:15 - Apr 26 with 1875 viewsfooters

Ferguson should win it.

Not well said, mate. Not well said at all.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:19 - Apr 26 with 1868 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:15 - Apr 26 by footers

I haven't looked at it. Is it just for the English league or the whole world?
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 1858 viewsfactual_blue

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:15 - Apr 26 by footers

The number of Utd fans will decide it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:23 - Apr 26 with 1849 viewsBlueBadger

Ferguson should win it.

Bobby? Nah

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:24 - Apr 26 with 1849 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:13 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Just looked at it and I stand by that. Look at the honours Fergie won compared to the others. Bobby would obviously be second choice, but I have voted fairly, not by who I support.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:24 - Apr 26 with 1849 viewsMullet

Ferguson should win it.

Never went out of his comfort zone, never went into international management, upset numerous ex-players with his antics and controlling persona etc. A lot will vote having never heard of half of the others, let alone what they did.

I hate these lists, my footy chat group is all City and United fans and they just don't see things the same way because of where their clubs are now. This won't be done on quality of management at all, it'll just be success in raw numbers.

Although one of my City mates has my favourite ever conspiracy theory: SAF's legacy is built on the fact so many of his ex-players went into management and they threw games against him so they could get loans off him and stay in their jobs etc. He reckons when he's dead it'll all come out that SAF paid off half the division with pressure and favours!

Clough and Sir Bob are way above SAF in my opinion he's more like top 5 rather than clear leader.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 1849 viewsfactual_blue

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:21 - Apr 26 by factual_blue

The number of Utd fans will decide it.

And there's a massive factual inaccuracy in Sir Alf's entry, which in a way diminishes his greatness.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:27 - Apr 26 with 1824 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:13 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Stupid reply. Many great players and managers never won a world cup.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:29 - Apr 26 with 1815 viewsr2d2

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:27 - Apr 26 by Pecker

Or an F. A. cup either come to that.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:29 - Apr 26 with 1814 viewsdavblue

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:24 - Apr 26 by Mullet

Never went out of his comfort zone, never went into international management, upset numerous ex-players with his antics and controlling persona etc. A lot will vote having never heard of half of the others, let alone what they did.

I hate these lists, my footy chat group is all City and United fans and they just don't see things the same way because of where their clubs are now. This won't be done on quality of management at all, it'll just be success in raw numbers.

Although one of my City mates has my favourite ever conspiracy theory: SAF's legacy is built on the fact so many of his ex-players went into management and they threw games against him so they could get loans off him and stay in their jobs etc. He reckons when he's dead it'll all come out that SAF paid off half the division with pressure and favours!

Clough and Sir Bob are way above SAF in my opinion he's more like top 5 rather than clear leader.

Never went out of his comfort zone, if that’s true why did he leave Aberdeen for United who at the time weren’t exactly fantastic.

To build 4 really good teams over that amount of time is incredible and he is the greatest through the amount of trophies and how long he was at United for.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:30 - Apr 26 with 1802 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:29 - Apr 26 by davblue

Never went out of his comfort zone, if that’s true why did he leave Aberdeen for United who at the time weren’t exactly fantastic.

To build 4 really good teams over that amount of time is incredible and he is the greatest through the amount of trophies and how long he was at United for.

Agree.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:34 - Apr 26 with 1784 viewsfactual_blue

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:24 - Apr 26 by Pecker

Just looked at it and I stand by that. Look at the honours Fergie won compared to the others. Bobby would obviously be second choice, but I have voted fairly, not by who I support.

But then look at the geographical spread of Sir Bobby's achievements. Fergie never had the bottle to try his hand abroad.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 1787 viewsIllinoisblue

Why do people vote on these things? What does it matter? Why does there have to be a best? Can’t we just appreciate they’re all good managers in their own way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 1778 viewsr2d2

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:24 - Apr 26 by Mullet

He did go into international management. He was Scotland manager in 1985-86.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 1777 viewsMullet

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:29 - Apr 26 by davblue

Yeah that's fair but I was meaning more in terms of his United days and one of the reasons his detractors cite, although I rate Wenger far higher, it's rare to see managers stay at a club and do what they did. Even Pep and Jose get slated for the opposite approach.

Although it's not as if United were a step down or there wasn't a well of potential there for him. I'm not sure it's a move that really adds to argument he's the best ever on its own.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 1773 viewsGuthrum

There are some very good managers on that list. Including several who would not come under the "usual suspects" category.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:39 - Apr 26 with 1750 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:34 - Apr 26 by factual_blue

But then look at the geographical spread of Sir Bobby's achievements. Fergie never had the bottle to try his hand abroad.

Why would he? He was winning everything. Going to Barca or Real would have been a sideward step. He had as much chance of winning the Champions league where he was.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:40 - Apr 26 with 1744 viewsMullet

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:35 - Apr 26 by r2d2

He did go into international management. He was Scotland manager in 1985-86.

Thanks I honestly didn't know/remember that. I thought Stein was still alive for that WC. I'll not go back and add the word successfully.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:45 - Apr 26 with 1723 viewsHerbivore

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:27 - Apr 26 by Pecker

So those that won it must be really great then.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:50 - Apr 26 with 1709 viewsbrazil1982

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:40 - Apr 26 by Mullet

Thanks I honestly didn't know/remember that. I thought Stein was still alive for that WC. I'll not go back and add the word successfully.

He died just before, AF was asked to take over for 86.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:54 - Apr 26 with 1696 viewsPecker

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:45 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

So those that won it must be really great then.

Cruyff, Best, Messi, Ronaldo,Ferguson, Wenger, Robson, to name just a few. To say you have to win a world cup to be considered a great is a very lame argument. Many, many great players and managers haven't and some very average ones have.
Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 1689 viewsHerbivore

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:54 - Apr 26 by Pecker

Cruyff, Best, Messi, Ronaldo,Ferguson, Wenger, Robson, to name just a few. To say you have to win a world cup to be considered a great is a very lame argument. Many, many great players and managers haven't and some very average ones have.

I didn't say that you have to win a World Cup to be a great.

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:57 - Apr 26 with 1691 viewsMullet

Best ever manager vote on bbc sport website on 13:50 - Apr 26 by brazil1982

He died just before, AF was asked to take over for 86.

Yeah I googled it to make sure I wasn't missing some glorious Scotland stint I'd never heard of! Although it's unfair to say he was anything more than a caretaker essentially.

I'm in the "why does there need to be a 1" camp as above. But I'll never give the 90's United side too much credit as they were just the first of a handful to up the ante and turn the Prem into a stagnant arms race. Fergie's best attribute was to change his assistant in my opinion. Whether that's because he fell out with them or not is a different matter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024