Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair 23:30 - May 8 with 2280 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

When the season is cancelled next week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 07:00 - May 9 with 1930 viewsBlueBadger

Peterborough’s owner kicking off on Twitter by BlueBadger 8 May 2020 15:34
Thing is, I can see Eans being stupid to be taken in by PRP saying 'look, we were all distracted by what was going on, I'll DEFINITELY manage it next season', him getting kept on and then nearly relegating us again.

This whole 'we're going to end the season' and ITFC. by BlueBadger 6 May 2020 17:50
I assume we're still hoping for a season to go ahead because we need a set-in-stone excuse to sack our worst ever manager, with a presumably reduced compensation package.
Merely 'ending' the season would give him grounds for legal recourse, I suspect, because he could try arguing 'we still had a chance of promotion'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 22:38 - May 9 with 1787 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 07:00 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Peterborough’s owner kicking off on Twitter by BlueBadger 8 May 2020 15:34
Thing is, I can see Eans being stupid to be taken in by PRP saying 'look, we were all distracted by what was going on, I'll DEFINITELY manage it next season', him getting kept on and then nearly relegating us again.

This whole 'we're going to end the season' and ITFC. by BlueBadger 6 May 2020 17:50
I assume we're still hoping for a season to go ahead because we need a set-in-stone excuse to sack our worst ever manager, with a presumably reduced compensation package.
Merely 'ending' the season would give him grounds for legal recourse, I suspect, because he could try arguing 'we still had a chance of promotion'.

I don’t think he will relegate is, but we could well stagnate in League 1 for 5 years.

Obviously he would be legally within his right to say he cannot be sacked at a reduced compensation, and Evans will certainly not him with a 5 year contract under his belt, especially with this £3m whole from Covid.

Hence I believe he’ll be here by the thread of a hair.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 08:26 - May 10 with 1698 viewshampstead_blue

It seems as if it's the only way he could have saved himself.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 08:49 - May 10 with 1685 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 22:38 - May 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think he will relegate is, but we could well stagnate in League 1 for 5 years.

Obviously he would be legally within his right to say he cannot be sacked at a reduced compensation, and Evans will certainly not him with a 5 year contract under his belt, especially with this £3m whole from Covid.

Hence I believe he’ll be here by the thread of a hair.

He'll probably be sacked before he relegated us again, in all fairness, but our post-October form doesn't offer much confidence in even challenging at the top end let alone staging a proper promotion challenge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 08:53 - May 10 with 1674 viewsHerbivore

I think it depends. If the EFL rule that the season has been completed then we have a pretty strong legal case to sack him at the reduced pay off as he will have failed to take us up or to get us in the top 6. I would hope ME is seeking legal advice on it. The cost of keeping a highly paid but wholly incompetent manager will be far higher in the long run than taking a small hit now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 09:35 - May 10 with 1617 viewshadleighboyblue

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 08:53 - May 10 by Herbivore

I think it depends. If the EFL rule that the season has been completed then we have a pretty strong legal case to sack him at the reduced pay off as he will have failed to take us up or to get us in the top 6. I would hope ME is seeking legal advice on it. The cost of keeping a highly paid but wholly incompetent manager will be far higher in the long run than taking a small hit now.

When you look at the teams that are above us in the table it really hits home what a bad season we have had .

This close down might have saved the manager , but he really should be gone .
Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 09:56 - May 10 with 1595 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 09:35 - May 10 by hadleighboyblue

When you look at the teams that are above us in the table it really hits home what a bad season we have had .

This close down might have saved the manager , but he really should be gone .

That article in the EADT a few weeks ago was damming, more or less every local journalist reporting on League 1 picked Lambert as being the biggest car crash of the season. Those that mentioned other names usually went with the caveat of not going for Lambert in order to be different as he's such an obvious pick. He's been utterly incompetent. I have him clear of Jewell and Keane now I the inept manager stakes, he's on the heels of Hurst in terms of rank incompetence.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 10:14 - May 10 with 1578 viewshadleighboyblue

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 09:56 - May 10 by Herbivore

That article in the EADT a few weeks ago was damming, more or less every local journalist reporting on League 1 picked Lambert as being the biggest car crash of the season. Those that mentioned other names usually went with the caveat of not going for Lambert in order to be different as he's such an obvious pick. He's been utterly incompetent. I have him clear of Jewell and Keane now I the inept manager stakes, he's on the heels of Hurst in terms of rank incompetence.

What makes his record even worse is that this has been in a lower division , he simply has failed to get the best out of the squad he had .

Whether it's the manager's bad decisions or bad tactics , the manager and the coach are accountable .

He's no novice manager learning his trade .
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 10:22 - May 10 with 1567 viewsbrogansnose

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 10:14 - May 10 by hadleighboyblue

What makes his record even worse is that this has been in a lower division , he simply has failed to get the best out of the squad he had .

Whether it's the manager's bad decisions or bad tactics , the manager and the coach are accountable .

..........let's add to that by pointing out that he practically had a half season to prepare for Div 3 , was supported by Evans and had one of the best crop of youngsters that we've had for years. It wouldn't be too bad if it was possible to see something like a style or pattern of effective play but there's absolutely nothing. To finish around 10th or 11th with the squad we have is appalling.
Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 16:15 - May 11 with 1453 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 10:14 - May 10 by hadleighboyblue

PL has undoubtedly got extremely fortunate in both the signing and length of his new contract and how the season has abruptly ended, but it also shows that perhaps we have higher expectations of our squad than we should have. Perhaps a lot of them are just average L1 players? Be honest, go through our squad.There's quite a few you'd say L1 is probably their level.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 16:33]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 17:03 - May 11 with 1397 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 16:15 - May 11 by Chrisd

PL has undoubtedly got extremely fortunate in both the signing and length of his new contract and how the season has abruptly ended, but it also shows that perhaps we have higher expectations of our squad than we should have. Perhaps a lot of them are just average L1 players? Be honest, go through our squad.There's quite a few you'd say L1 is probably their level.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 16:33]

Pretty much every local journalist in a town with a League 1 club disagrees with you. They all feel Lambert has massively underperformed with the squad at his disposal.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 17:19 - May 11 with 1376 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 17:03 - May 11 by Herbivore

Pretty much every local journalist in a town with a League 1 club disagrees with you. They all feel Lambert has massively underperformed with the squad at his disposal.

Try answering the question that I asked and be honest. I’m not disputing that PL has done a poor job, but is our squad that good? I’ll get you started... Holy - L1, Kenlock - L1/2, Wilson -L2 etc..

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:29 - May 11 with 1311 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 17:19 - May 11 by Chrisd

Try answering the question that I asked and be honest. I’m not disputing that PL has done a poor job, but is our squad that good? I’ll get you started... Holy - L1, Kenlock - L1/2, Wilson -L2 etc..

Our squad is plenty good enough to get promoted from League 1. There, I've answered your question.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:34 - May 11 with 1308 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:29 - May 11 by Herbivore

Our squad is plenty good enough to get promoted from League 1. There, I've answered your question.

A nice side step.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:45 - May 11 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:34 - May 11 by Chrisd

A nice side step.

It's a legitimate answer to your question. Your notion of simply labelling individual players at a certain league level is rather pointless. Kenlock, for example, who I don't especially rate, has played 50+ games in the Championship and was mostly okay, especially prior to 2017/18 when playing alongside decent players who knew how to play together. We have players in our squad who have been top League 1 players - Nsiala, Edwards, Nolan - none of whom I especially rate and none of whom would get into a full strength Town side.

So I think it's pretty clear, and the pundits and other managers seem to agree, that we have a squad that should be more than capable of getting promoted. You don't agree, that's abundantly clear, you won't listen to any counter argument, that is also abundantly clear, so there's really not much value in continuing.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:00 - May 11 with 1278 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 08:53 - May 10 by Herbivore

You have no idea what legal case we have as you don’t know what is written into his contract

However, if there are indeed break clauses which relate to failure this season as has been reported, I would hazard a guess that Lambert would equally have a strong argument that those clauses don’t apply as the season was not completed in totality. Force majeure-type clauses would presumably apply here

Also, I believe it has been suggested previously that clauses may relate to us missing the playoffs - in which case Lambert’s case would likely be even stronger, as you can’t technically fail to qualify for something that doesn’t exist

Ultimately, we can only hope Evans agrees that his performance here has been appalling, and is willing to make a change whatever it costs

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:04 - May 11 with 1277 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:45 - May 11 by Herbivore

It's a legitimate answer to your question. Your notion of simply labelling individual players at a certain league level is rather pointless. Kenlock, for example, who I don't especially rate, has played 50+ games in the Championship and was mostly okay, especially prior to 2017/18 when playing alongside decent players who knew how to play together. We have players in our squad who have been top League 1 players - Nsiala, Edwards, Nolan - none of whom I especially rate and none of whom would get into a full strength Town side.

So I think it's pretty clear, and the pundits and other managers seem to agree, that we have a squad that should be more than capable of getting promoted. You don't agree, that's abundantly clear, you won't listen to any counter argument, that is also abundantly clear, so there's really not much value in continuing.

Not pointless, it’s an opinion. Most pundits make a prediction based on the fact we played in a higher league last season, so not really that conclusive. I very much stand by what I’ve said, as you’ve alluded to we’ve got a fair few in our squad that are L1, although I doubt Kenlock, Nsiala or Nolan would be in demand by any of the current top 6. You’re right time to move on, but it’s ok for posters to have differing opinions. You think our squad is good enough, I don’t. It’s fine, I don’t have to agree with you.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:09 - May 11 with 1266 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:04 - May 11 by Chrisd

Not pointless, it’s an opinion. Most pundits make a prediction based on the fact we played in a higher league last season, so not really that conclusive. I very much stand by what I’ve said, as you’ve alluded to we’ve got a fair few in our squad that are L1, although I doubt Kenlock, Nsiala or Nolan would be in demand by any of the current top 6. You’re right time to move on, but it’s ok for posters to have differing opinions. You think our squad is good enough, I don’t. It’s fine, I don’t have to agree with you.

No you don't, so long as you're comfortable being wrong.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:12 - May 11 with 1255 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:09 - May 11 by Herbivore

No you don't, so long as you're comfortable being wrong.

Finishing comfortably bottom last season and 10th/11th this season speaks volumes.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:15 - May 11 with 1241 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:12 - May 11 by Chrisd

Finishing comfortably bottom last season and 10th/11th this season speaks volumes.

For the incompetence of our manager(s) during that time.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:22 - May 11 with 1225 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:15 - May 11 by Herbivore

For the incompetence of our manager(s) during that time.

and our squad of players too 👍

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:28 - May 11 with 1204 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:22 - May 11 by Chrisd

and our squad of players too 👍

Although you'd think that if we had an incompetent manager and a middling League 1 squad we wouldn't be as high as 10th. I'm not sure how you square the squad being average with the manager being inept when we're 10th.

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:33 - May 11 with 1197 viewsChrisd

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:28 - May 11 by Herbivore

Although you'd think that if we had an incompetent manager and a middling League 1 squad we wouldn't be as high as 10th. I'm not sure how you square the squad being average with the manager being inept when we're 10th.

Really disappointed, what’s happened to the customary down arrow?

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:44 - May 11 with 1178 viewstractorboy1978

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 20:04 - May 11 by Chrisd

Since 1st November, we are 17th in the form table having played more games than every other club (several clubs we've played 3 more games than). You cannot possibly think the players we have are lower mid table to relegation quality in L1? Lambert has been absolutely hopeless and enormously under achieved with the players he has at his disposal.
Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 21:12 - May 11 with 1141 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lambert is going to be here next year by the thread of hair on 19:45 - May 11 by Herbivore

I think you are right about the squad being good enough to get out of League One. We would have struggled again in the Championship but that is based on Paul's poor performance the last time we were there and the players we lost. He really has managed the team poorly but says nice things. Have we forgotten the rotation nonsense and his stubbornness in persisting when it was an obvious disaster. You are only foolish if you don't learn from your mistakes in any walk of life. Covid-19 crisis has saved him from the certain sacking that was going to occur at the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024