Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse 07:34 - Jun 5 with 2716 viewsGlasgowBlue

This taxi driver could be forgiven for smacking his passenger in the mouth yet stays calm and dignified throughout.

As for his passenger? Utter scum.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 7:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 2343 viewsWeWereZombies

Heard about this on the midnight news, thanks for posting it. To be honest I think it is more grace under pressure than politeness, whichever it is admirable restraint was shown.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 09:52 - Jun 5 with 2334 viewsDanTheMan

Absolutely horrid.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 21:10 - Jun 5 with 2193 viewsGlasgowBlue

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 09:52 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

Absolutely horrid.

The bloke has since been arrested and charged.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 21:37 - Jun 5 with 2151 viewsDanTheMan

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 21:10 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

Good.

I'd like to think he'd watch that video back and be ashamed but probably not.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:20 - Jun 5 with 2106 viewsRyorry

Saw the clip a couple of days ago, horrifying. Don't know how the driver kept his cool in the circumstances, hats off to him.

V. good news that the vile passenger is being prosecuted, thanks for the info.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:34 - Jun 5 with 2068 viewsjeera

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 21:37 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

Good.

I'd like to think he'd watch that video back and be ashamed but probably not.

People like that who think it's ok to spit that sh!t in the first place don't understand shame Dan.

If anything the piece of sh!t will wonder what the fuss is about.

The driver's reaction was as good as it could possibly be and he's a far better person than me.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:43 - Jun 5 with 2051 viewssyntaxerror

I believe the racist has been arrested :)
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:44 - Jun 5 with 2049 viewsreusersfreekicks

Good! Lowlife scum
Login to get fewer ads

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 2022 viewsclive_baker

Shame it was filmed. Otherwise the driver could’ve knocked him the feck out

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 23:06 - Jun 5 with 1985 viewsEdwardStone

I am so happy to hear this
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 23:12 - Jun 5 with 1973 viewssyntaxerror

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:55 - Jun 5 by clive_baker

I disagree. Better these things are filmed and publicised. There are far too many people who think that Britain suffers far less from racism than other comparable countries, (including most of our government). They need to see the reality when it rears its ugly head.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 07:40 - Jun 6 with 1847 viewsWeWereZombies

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 23:12 - Jun 5 by syntaxerror

I disagree. Better these things are filmed and publicised. There are far too many people who think that Britain suffers far less from racism than other comparable countries, (including most of our government). They need to see the reality when it rears its ugly head.

That's a good point; and I have to say that my reaction was not as extreme as some of those expressed in this thread - because I have seen so much of this type of behaviour, and much worse, over the years. Which has me questioning my I have tolerated seeing it and why those subjected to it have just put up with it.

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:17 - Jun 6 with 1769 viewstractordownsouth

Wonder which way he voted in the referendum

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:21 - Jun 6 with 1757 viewsBarcaBlue

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:17 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

You're assuming he could spell "X"
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:25 - Jun 6 with 1747 viewsShawsey

The man is an embarrassment. Hope he gets what he deserves. Shocked that this kind of thing is still happening. He will claim he was drunk, but still not an excuse. Totally unjustifiable.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:27 - Jun 6 with 1739 viewsShawsey

Glad to hear that. Will probably only get a fine unfortunately. Will it change him, probably not.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:39 - Jun 6 with 1712 viewsEnigma_Blue

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:27 - Jun 6 by Shawsey

Glad to hear that. Will probably only get a fine unfortunately. Will it change him, probably not.

It will not change him. All that might change is he will be less likely to express is vile views in public but he will still hold those views. Due to his age people like him are a lost cause. Education in diversity at a young age is the key.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:41 - Jun 6 with 1702 viewsWeWereZombies

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:39 - Jun 6 by Enigma_Blue

It will not change him. All that might change is he will be less likely to express is vile views in public but he will still hold those views. Due to his age people like him are a lost cause. Education in diversity at a young age is the key.

Well thanks for condemning racism with a nice spot of ageism there.

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:43 - Jun 6 with 1697 viewsShawsey

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:39 - Jun 6 by Enigma_Blue

What has his age got to do with it ?
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:49 - Jun 6 with 1677 viewsEnigma_Blue

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:43 - Jun 6 by Shawsey

What has his age got to do with it ?

People who are that indoctrinated in racial hatred, once they get to a certain age less like likely to change their views imo.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 10:56]
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 12:00 - Jun 6 with 1616 viewsRyorry

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 22:55 - Jun 5 by clive_baker

Would have been completely the wrong course of action.

Why should the driver have to lower himself to the level of the kind of violence that also often accompanies the kind of drunk racist verbal attacks on display there?

As it is, hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) will now have seen & admired the cool restraint shown by the driver, which both calmed the situation down & keeps him in the position of being in the right. If he'd punched the drunk racist's lights out, even if that hadn't been filmed, the racist would probably have remembered & used it to confirm & spread his bigotry along the lines of "oh these *ing **s, they're all the same, express an honest opinion and they beat you up" etc etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 14:14 - Jun 6 with 1542 viewsronnyd

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 10:17 - Jun 6 by tractordownsouth

I'm sure that some bigots voted remain too.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 15:39 - Jun 6 with 1486 viewsGirthyguy

What an absolute C..T. Hopefully gets locked up.
Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 19:06 - Jun 6 with 1401 viewsjaykay

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 14:14 - Jun 6 by ronnyd

I'm sure that some bigots voted remain too.

another one who can't read a post. did he say he voted out.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 19:16 - Jun 6 with 1390 viewsjeera

Staying calm in the face of vile racist abuse on 12:00 - Jun 6 by Ryorry

Would have been completely the wrong course of action.

Why should the driver have to lower himself to the level of the kind of violence that also often accompanies the kind of drunk racist verbal attacks on display there?

As it is, hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) will now have seen & admired the cool restraint shown by the driver, which both calmed the situation down & keeps him in the position of being in the right. If he'd punched the drunk racist's lights out, even if that hadn't been filmed, the racist would probably have remembered & used it to confirm & spread his bigotry along the lines of "oh these *ing **s, they're all the same, express an honest opinion and they beat you up" etc etc.

I'd have been equally happy for him to be tied to the axle and driven around the streets.

But your approach is without doubt the most sensible.

I hope the idiot has been arrested and it's not just hearsay.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024