Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? 07:27 - Jul 4 with 3405 viewsGlasgowBlue

Btw, I call it an Americano. If I don’t want milk I’ll call it a Black Americano.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:34 - Jul 4 with 1875 viewsDanTheMan

Has he just invented scenarios to be mad about?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:39 - Jul 4 with 1862 viewsDubtractor

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:34 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

He's the sort of person that calls people on the left a snowflake.

I genuinely despair at some of the people we share this country with.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:42 - Jul 4 with 1848 viewsMattinLondon

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:39 - Jul 4 by Dubtractor

Sort of prick who makes a real point of saying ‘Merry Christmas’ because in his head, you shouldn’t really say that anymore.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:43 - Jul 4 with 1839 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:39 - Jul 4 by Dubtractor

Funnily enough I have actually had to do some work recently in some of our codebase where we use the terms whitelist and blacklist, in light of recent events. Now, personally, I don't think they were ever meant to be racist but changing them to allowlist and blocklist took absolutely no effort and is just as clear.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:53 - Jul 4 with 1818 viewsStokieBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:43 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

Funnily enough I have actually had to do some work recently in some of our codebase where we use the terms whitelist and blacklist, in light of recent events. Now, personally, I don't think they were ever meant to be racist but changing them to allowlist and blocklist took absolutely no effort and is just as clear.

I actually think allowlist and blocklist are clearer.

Whereas I think the changing from Master/Slave in GitHub for instance is less clear. Perhaps that is just familiarity though.

SB
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 7:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:01 - Jul 4 with 1795 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:53 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

Whereas I think the changing from Master/Slave in GitHub for instance is less clear. Perhaps that is just familiarity though.

SB

I actually agree, it's easier to read at a glance.

I hate variable naming at the best of times anyway.

GitHub change was the weirder one because it wasn't master as in master-slave analogy used (like you usually see in Redis, SQL etc.) but master as in master copy.

I think they said they're going to rename it as main as the default which is fine. I don't know why they didn't just go back to trunk though, given it's already established. Maybe they just don't want it to be seen as they are recommending trunk based development.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:06 - Jul 4 with 1778 viewsGlasgowBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:34 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

Access to social media rally does bring out the very worst in people.

I've known a bloke for over twenty years who has never made a racist statement or told a racist joke in my presence. I would never have had him down as being either a hard or soft racist. I don't have a clue how he votes and he's never offered up a political opinion.

Since lockdown he's joined facebook for the first time in his life. At first he started uploading his favourite family photographs. Fast forward three and a half months and he is regularly sharing stuff such as "all lives matter", objecting to BLM being on football shirts because FIFA wouldn't let England have the poppy on our shirts, a picture of a cute little kid wearing a union flag suit and bowtie whilt holding the union flag with the message "This image has been banned by facebook for being racist. Share if you have the balls" and a picture of the union flag with words underneath saying "lefties have tried to get the union jack [sic] banned because it offends Muslims. Please share this image to show you're not afraid".

Iron Lion Zion

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:08 - Jul 4 with 1769 viewsGlasgowBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 07:53 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Master/Slave is still used in sound active DMX lighting for DJ's.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:10 - Jul 4 with 1754 viewsHerbivore

He must have been dropped on his head when he was a baby. He's ranting about a load of stuff that has literally never happened. I drink black Americano and nobody had ever winced or looked uncomfortable when I've ordered one and nor would they. Utter plum.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:26 - Jul 4 with 1722 viewsHerbivore

And why is it that these types invariably look like a potato that a child has coloured in with a red crayon? Weird.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:28 - Jul 4 with 1723 viewsGlasgowBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:26 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

And why is it that these types invariably look like a potato that a child has coloured in with a red crayon? Weird.

His face get's visibly more red the longer the video goes on.

Iron Lion Zion

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:29 - Jul 4 with 1722 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:06 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Access to social media rally does bring out the very worst in people.

I've known a bloke for over twenty years who has never made a racist statement or told a racist joke in my presence. I would never have had him down as being either a hard or soft racist. I don't have a clue how he votes and he's never offered up a political opinion.

Since lockdown he's joined facebook for the first time in his life. At first he started uploading his favourite family photographs. Fast forward three and a half months and he is regularly sharing stuff such as "all lives matter", objecting to BLM being on football shirts because FIFA wouldn't let England have the poppy on our shirts, a picture of a cute little kid wearing a union flag suit and bowtie whilt holding the union flag with the message "This image has been banned by facebook for being racist. Share if you have the balls" and a picture of the union flag with words underneath saying "lefties have tried to get the union jack [sic] banned because it offends Muslims. Please share this image to show you're not afraid".

I hate Facebook.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:57 - Jul 4 with 1649 viewssparks

You, sir, are part of society's problem.

"Americano" indeed. Its just a normal coffee and I do not expect to have to use these silly names to enjoy the privilege of buying a normal coffee.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:02 - Jul 4 with 1638 viewsblueprint

It’s the same people who claim that “Baa baa black sheep” and “Blackboards “ have been banned. Absolute nonsense.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 1631 viewssparks

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:02 - Jul 4 by blueprint

It’s the same people who claim that “Baa baa black sheep” and “Blackboards “ have been banned. Absolute nonsense.

Of course- as with many of these things, there is a grain of truth in some of that.

Whilst baa baa black sheep was not banned, it was fairly firmly replaced in a number of places with baa baa rainbow sheep. My children went to a playgroup where that was (bizarrely) sung.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 1624 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:57 - Jul 4 by sparks

You, sir, are part of society's problem.

"Americano" indeed. Its just a normal coffee and I do not expect to have to use these silly names to enjoy the privilege of buying a normal coffee.

There is a difference to how an Americano and a black coffee are made, technically.

Don't think I could taste the difference if I was asked.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:07 - Jul 4 with 1610 viewssparks

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:05 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

There is a difference to how an Americano and a black coffee are made, technically.

Don't think I could taste the difference if I was asked.

I want to be able to go into a shop and ask for a coffee without having to parse a huge number of ridiculous americanised names and sub categories.

That boat appears to have sailed.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:09 - Jul 4 with 1597 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:07 - Jul 4 by sparks

I want to be able to go into a shop and ask for a coffee without having to parse a huge number of ridiculous americanised names and sub categories.

I don't think I've ever had a problem asking for a black coffee in a shop before. They know what you mean.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:12 - Jul 4 with 1586 viewssparks

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:09 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

I don't think I've ever had a problem asking for a black coffee in a shop before. They know what you mean.

I get the condescending "do you mean Americano". Followed by "is that Grande?"

This world...

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:21 - Jul 4 with 1555 viewsPlums

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:12 - Jul 4 by sparks

I get the condescending "do you mean Americano". Followed by "is that Grande?"

This world...

Isn’t ‘Americano’ espresso and water and a ‘black coffee’ usually a filter coffee? I’d want to confirm the difference. The Starbucks grande thing is nonsense though.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:24 - Jul 4 with 1538 viewsHerbivore

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:07 - Jul 4 by sparks

Americano is Italian I believe, not American. It's not the same as a filter coffee, it's a shot of espresso topped up with hot water.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:25 - Jul 4 with 1534 viewsblueprint

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:05 - Jul 4 by sparks

Of course- as with many of these things, there is a grain of truth in some of that.

Whilst baa baa black sheep was not banned, it was fairly firmly replaced in a number of places with baa baa rainbow sheep. My children went to a playgroup where that was (bizarrely) sung.

Crazy. Doesn’t even scan.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:28 - Jul 4 with 1530 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:25 - Jul 4 by blueprint

Crazy. Doesn’t even scan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

Apparently the reason for this.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 1513 viewssparks

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:28 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

Apparently the reason for this.

Sounds a bit far fetched. And certainly wasn't what happened here!

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:36 - Jul 4 with 1490 viewsfooters

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:24 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

Americano is Italian I believe, not American. It's not the same as a filter coffee, it's a shot of espresso topped up with hot water.

Indeed it is. Though many Italians use the term pejoratively when it comes to coffee. Apparently, an espresso with enough sugar to make an edible sludge is the correct way to drink the stuff (according to my *very* wise sauce).

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024