Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryanair refund. 10:47 - Jul 24 with 1826 viewseastangliaisblue

I was due to go on holiday next month, but I have decided against it, as I still don't see it being safe enough. My flights are with Ryanair, just wondering if I can refund/credit my flights? I'm assuming as the flight is going ahead I won't be able to claim anything back. Has anyone had any dealings with this same issue?
Ryanair refund. on 10:49 - Jul 24 with 1800 viewsLeBlue

If the flight is going ahead, then it would be your choice not to take it and they are not obliged to offer you a refund.
Ryanair refund. on 10:50 - Jul 24 with 1799 viewsGeoffSentence

They did everything they could to avoid refunding us for flights that they cancelled, so I can't see them being very co-operative if you cancel.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ryanair refund. on 10:51 - Jul 24 with 1785 viewseastangliaisblue

Ryanair refund. on 10:49 - Jul 24 by LeBlue

If the flight is going ahead, then it would be your choice not to take it and they are not obliged to offer you a refund.

I thought as much, just didn't know for sure. Was hoping someone might tell me due to Covid-19, they at least credit them, but knew that would be hoping too much!
Ryanair refund. on 11:06 - Jul 24 with 1751 viewsHerbivore

If you choose not to go you're not entitled to antnrjng, unfortunately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ryanair refund. on 11:13 - Jul 24 with 1732 viewsfactual_blue

Ryanair refund. on 10:51 - Jul 24 by eastangliaisblue

I thought as much, just didn't know for sure. Was hoping someone might tell me due to Covid-19, they at least credit them, but knew that would be hoping too much!

Don't fall into the trap of ever thinking that michael o'leary gives a toss.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ryanair refund. on 11:18 - Jul 24 with 1721 viewsITFC_Forever

We were due to fly with Easyjet next month and have moved it to next summer for no admin fee.

Had we not done that, if the flight had gone without us on it, we would have lost our money as it would have been our choice not to go.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ryanair refund. on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 1681 viewseastangliaisblue

Ryanair refund. on 11:18 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Forever

We were due to fly with Easyjet next month and have moved it to next summer for no admin fee.

Had we not done that, if the flight had gone without us on it, we would have lost our money as it would have been our choice not to go.

I will have to look into that, thanks.
Ryanair refund. on 14:20 - Jul 24 with 1578 viewsParky

They made me claiming my refund for two cancelled trips an absolute nightmare, so unfortunately as you’re choosing not to fly, I don’t think there’s much hope in getting a physical refund.

Friends of mine were able to move their trips however, so I might be worth giving this a try and moving it to next year?
Login to get fewer ads

Ryanair refund. on 15:02 - Jul 24 with 1541 viewseastangliaisblue

Just been online with them, the only thing I can do is change the flight dates. If I fly this year (which defeats the object) it won't cost much. If I want to change them to next August it's going to be cheaper if I just book new flights. No chance of any refund.
Ryanair refund. on 15:30 - Jul 24 with 1512 viewsMeadowlark

Ryanair refund. on 10:50 - Jul 24 by GeoffSentence

They did everything they could to avoid refunding us for flights that they cancelled, so I can't see them being very co-operative if you cancel.

I'm not going to try to defend Ryanair, but we got our money back within 7 days of asking for it for our COVID cancelled flight. I will admit that we didn't ask for it immediately as it was clear that there was a bit of a skirmish going on, so we let things die down a bit first.
When we applied they couldn't have been more helpful or communicative.
I personally, have never had a problem with them. You know what you're paying for and you know what you're getting.
Oh, except for their car parking at Stansted. Don't ever buy their car park option with the flight. Did that once.......
Ryanair refund. on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 1502 viewsHerbivore

Ryanair refund. on 15:30 - Jul 24 by Meadowlark

I'm not going to try to defend Ryanair, but we got our money back within 7 days of asking for it for our COVID cancelled flight. I will admit that we didn't ask for it immediately as it was clear that there was a bit of a skirmish going on, so we let things die down a bit first.
When we applied they couldn't have been more helpful or communicative.
I personally, have never had a problem with them. You know what you're paying for and you know what you're getting.
Oh, except for their car parking at Stansted. Don't ever buy their car park option with the flight. Did that once.......

I had to wait months and actually contacting them to confirm I wanted a refund and not a voucher was like something out of a Kafka novel.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ryanair refund. on 17:28 - Jul 24 with 1438 viewsbluelagos

Got told to fck off by Serco ref the Caledonian express overnight train tickets from Inverness to London. Booked them in Feb on non refundable no change basis so unplanned date changes (not my choice) meant I lost em.

If anyone wants 2 train tickets as described, welcome to them as I cant use them...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024