Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal making staff redunant 15:20 - Aug 5 with 3774 viewsMullet

This is perhaps the most blunt and unsympathetic reading I saw, but there will be some fascinating financial gymnastics right down the game this summer won't there?

We're seeing Wigan, Derby and Wednesday not only under the scope but clubs like Charlton potentially suffer even more revenue loss due to them too. Likewise a couple of Div 3 accounts picked up Watson's piece about clubs voting to end the season then doing deals. It didn't go down well.

I think there will be a divide amongst fans of different clubs defending those votes and subsequent decisions to spend or not won't there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Arsenal making staff redunant on 15:28 - Aug 5 with 3703 viewsCoco

At least Ozil is tied down for a couple more years though

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 15:29 - Aug 5 with 3694 viewsbrazil1982

Are any playing staff?

Thought not.
Arsenal making staff redunant on 15:48 - Aug 5 with 3616 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine being on £200k a week knowing if you dropped to £160k a week you could save 55 employees.

Then again, these poor bastards have to put food on the table. It's a short career...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:23 - Aug 5 with 3536 viewsMullet

Arsenal making staff redunant on 15:29 - Aug 5 by brazil1982

Are any playing staff?

Thought not.

I don't really blame the players, but obviously when they earn such obscene amounts and are about to be joined by Willian on god knows what per week, it's easy to make that obvious connection isn't it?

It doesn't sound like they are laying off the casual catering staff or something either, maybe they are redundancies in the truest sense and they have got automated systems for these jobs or something?

In a year's time I think we will see lots of clubs' balance sheets being really scrutinised by fans wondering why they no longer have the clout or the bragging rights they used to or worse.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:26 - Aug 5 with 3515 viewspointofblue

All that profit and spending millions on wages on a 32 year old yet happily lay off the off field staff just because they can. There’s no class then there’s Arsenal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:27 - Aug 5 with 3509 viewsDanTheMan

Arsenal making staff redunant on 15:48 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Imagine being on £200k a week knowing if you dropped to £160k a week you could save 55 employees.

Then again, these poor bastards have to put food on the table. It's a short career...

The thing is though, it isn't the players fault, it's entirely down to Arsenal's owners.

Stanley Kroenke is a multi-billionaire. I'm fairly sure he would swallow those wages for a year.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 3482 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:27 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

The thing is though, it isn't the players fault, it's entirely down to Arsenal's owners.

Stanley Kroenke is a multi-billionaire. I'm fairly sure he would swallow those wages for a year.

I agree, but they must think about it surely? Willian and Aubameyang must know it's being done in part to fund their ridiculous wages?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:34 - Aug 5 with 3461 viewsDanTheMan

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:30 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

I agree, but they must think about it surely? Willian and Aubameyang must know it's being done in part to fund their ridiculous wages?

I imagine they do, I just don't think it's fair to point at them saying they should take a pay cut when there is a multi billionaire controlling things. They can make in a few months what a football would in maybe their whole career.

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:04 - Aug 5 with 3369 viewsbrazil1982

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:34 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

I imagine they do, I just don't think it's fair to point at them saying they should take a pay cut when there is a multi billionaire controlling things. They can make in a few months what a football would in maybe their whole career.

I'd imagine his is tied up in stocks and shares, not wages / cash. Footballers at every level really are a protected species.
Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:08 - Aug 5 with 3351 viewspointofblue

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:34 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

True, but then save money but not signing the likes of Coutinho and Willian?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 3318 viewsDanTheMan

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:04 - Aug 5 by brazil1982

I'd imagine his is tied up in stocks and shares, not wages / cash. Footballers at every level really are a protected species.

I'm sure he could sell a few to fund the wages of staff and I'm sure he has more cash available to him through dividends than a footballer would get through pay.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:20 - Aug 5 with 3307 viewsDanTheMan

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:08 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Agreed that the optics are not great at all, at the same time it is not Coutinho or Willian's fault. I doubt they were told beforehand that if they signed, they'd have to fire staff.

I just think footballers here are a ridiculously easy target, meanwhile the literal multi-billionaire owner gets absolutely no stick.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:25 - Aug 5 with 3289 viewsMoriarty

I wonder if it could be a question of Covid risk management to reduce staff by such numbers? The financial savings are not going to make a real difference.

fka omuircheartaigh

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 3275 viewsMullet

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:25 - Aug 5 by Moriarty

I wonder if it could be a question of Covid risk management to reduce staff by such numbers? The financial savings are not going to make a real difference.

I would have thought the cost of extra PPE and COVID measures would be a pittance for so few people though. It must be because they can do without them and can blame it on COVID.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:40 - Aug 5 with 3240 viewspointofblue

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:20 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

Agreed that the optics are not great at all, at the same time it is not Coutinho or Willian's fault. I doubt they were told beforehand that if they signed, they'd have to fire staff.

I just think footballers here are a ridiculously easy target, meanwhile the literal multi-billionaire owner gets absolutely no stick.

Yes, completely agree, it’s the club which lacks class rather than the players.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:44 - Aug 5 with 3227 viewsMoriarty

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:29 - Aug 5 by Mullet

I would have thought the cost of extra PPE and COVID measures would be a pittance for so few people though. It must be because they can do without them and can blame it on COVID.

I agree the financial cost of PPE is small potatoes for them, but a positive test within the club would be a serious matter. It occurred to me (and of course I could be wrong) that their real motivation is to reduce the risk of a positive test at the club.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 17:45]

fka omuircheartaigh

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:54 - Aug 5 with 3201 viewspointofblue

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:44 - Aug 5 by Moriarty

I agree the financial cost of PPE is small potatoes for them, but a positive test within the club would be a serious matter. It occurred to me (and of course I could be wrong) that their real motivation is to reduce the risk of a positive test at the club.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 17:45]

Though they could keep them off work rather than make them redundant.

Arsenal making staff redunant on 06:40 - Aug 6 with 2945 viewsCoastalblue

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:54 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Though they could keep them off work rather than make them redundant.

A family member works for Arsenal, on the field role though. Not seen him in a little while for obvious reasons, hopefully his job is safe and I'll be interested to hear his views when we catch up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:21 - Aug 6 with 2860 viewsgiant_stow

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:08 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Coutinho?!

(sorry, back to the point)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:22 - Aug 6 with 2858 viewstractorboy1978

Arsenal making staff redunant on 17:29 - Aug 5 by Mullet

I think that's probably spot on. If they've realised they don't need the staff you can hardly blame the club for making them redundant.
Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:23 - Aug 6 with 2854 viewspointofblue

Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:21 - Aug 6 by giant_stow

Coutinho?!

(sorry, back to the point)

Apparently! Though it strikes me as odd that they’re throwing their money at attacking players whilst their defence is so dodgy (and, to get back on point, making staff redundant)

Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:36 - Aug 6 with 2834 viewsgiant_stow

Arsenal making staff redunant on 08:23 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Apparently! Though it strikes me as odd that they’re throwing their money at attacking players whilst their defence is so dodgy (and, to get back on point, making staff redundant)

They’ve got that french centre back they bought a year ago and then loaned back coming, I spose. Plus that Holding is meant to be good (he seemed to spend more time in the opponents half in cup final the other day!)

Shame about Kronke though.

The Ozil screw up is at the heart of a lot of their recent problems I guess.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Arsenal making staff redunant on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 2770 viewsChrisd

Arsenal making staff redunant on 16:26 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

All that profit and spending millions on wages on a 32 year old yet happily lay off the off field staff just because they can. There’s no class then there’s Arsenal.

And offering him a 3+1 year contract? Totally bizarre, but that’s the modern Arsenal for you.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Arsenal making staff redunant on 10:19 - Aug 6 with 2724 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Perhaps the roles are genuinely redundant?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024