Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salary cap passed 13:41 - Aug 7 with 7395 viewsitfcjoe

And we are on the wrong side of the fence.

Premier League 2 will be here soon, and we will be looking in from the outside

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Salary cap passed on 13:42 - Aug 7 with 2872 viewsJ2BLUE

Great. It just gets better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Salary cap passed on 13:43 - Aug 7 with 2841 viewsCoco

May as well start dismantling the stadium

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Salary cap passed on 13:44 - Aug 7 with 2825 viewsElderGrizzly

Effective immediately too

Woeful decision, but we are all paying for the extravagances of a few poorly run clubs

Salary cap passed on 13:46 - Aug 7 with 2796 viewsIllinoisblue

So you’re saying we’re now more reliant on good coaching and astute management? Oh.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2791 viewsHipsterectomy

This doesn't make sense at all, how many L1 and L2 teams have multi millionaires funding them in an unfair manner?

Why should Bradford in L2 who get 15,000+ a home match be forced to spend the same as Colchester who get around 4000

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2784 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have to bend over backwards for the financially incapable at this level unfortunately.

Just a greater emphasis on academy grads I think, often on less money initially than seasoned pros.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2785 viewsJDB23

Any club in the history of the game with worse timing than us?

Not that our lot actually deserve more than £2.5m between them. Can we see any legal disputes coming from the likes of the PFA?
Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2776 viewsStokieBlue

What does it actually mean though? Has someone got a link to the actual details?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2774 viewsJ2BLUE

Salary cap passed on 13:46 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

So you’re saying we’re now more reliant on good coaching and astute management? Oh.

Or more positively, more reliant on youths of which we have plenty of decent ones.

*clutches at straws*

Truly impaired.

Salary cap passed on 13:48 - Aug 7 with 2760 viewsitfcjoe

Salary cap passed on 13:44 - Aug 7 by ElderGrizzly

Woeful decision, but we are all paying for the extravagances of a few poorly run clubs

"but we are all paying for the extravagances of a few poorly run clubs"

I don't think it is even that, think just some clubs seeing opportunity to pull bigger ones down to their level. An utter joke that clubs with an average attendance of 20k are limited to the same as those with 2k.

I wonder if the PFA can get after it for restraint of trade

Salary cap passed on 13:50 - Aug 7 with 2687 viewsElderGrizzly

All players currently at the club are treated as though they have a wage of £1300 a week for the remainder of their contracts.

More from Stuart Watson below

With a rudimentary calculation of 17 current senior players all being treated as £1,300 a week earners, Town’s declared wage bill will be £1.2m for salary cap purposes.

That £1.3m wriggle room would allow them to keep what they have and still go out and sign four or five senior players on around £5k a week if they so wished — very good money for this level.
Salary cap passed on 13:50 - Aug 7 with 2683 viewsCoco

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Or more positively, more reliant on youths of which we have plenty of decent ones.

*clutches at straws*

Who get hoovered up by mediocre champ clubs who can offer them 2k a week more to sit on the bench

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Salary cap passed on 13:50 - Aug 7 with 2668 viewsJDB23

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

*clutches at straws*

Another positive, means we don't have to hear people harp on about ME plugging a gap and now he can be solely judged on his decision making and leadership, wonder how that will turn out.
Salary cap passed on 13:51 - Aug 7 with 2665 viewsLibero

Fu-king-hell.

That really is bad news.
Salary cap passed on 13:51 - Aug 7 with 2651 viewspointofblue

Salary cap passed on 13:50 - Aug 7 by ElderGrizzly

All players currently at the club are treated as though they have a wage of £1300 a week for the remainder of their contracts.

More from Stuart Watson below

With a rudimentary calculation of 17 current senior players all being treated as £1,300 a week earners, Town’s declared wage bill will be £1.2m for salary cap purposes.

That £1.3m wriggle room would allow them to keep what they have and still go out and sign four or five senior players on around £5k a week if they so wished — very good money for this level.

As said, the issue will be when these contracts run out. We need to get promoted and fast, well done on screwing up last year, Lambert.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Salary cap passed on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 2599 viewsLibero

Immediately?! FFS, that really does take the piss!
Salary cap passed on 13:54 - Aug 7 with 2575 viewsElderGrizzly

Salary cap passed on 13:51 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

As said, the issue will be when these contracts run out. We need to get promoted and fast, well done on screwing up last year, Lambert.

Absolutely. It is imperative we are promoted this season before contracts run out
Salary cap passed on 13:54 - Aug 7 with 2574 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Salary cap passed on 13:48 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

"but we are all paying for the extravagances of a few poorly run clubs"

I don't think it is even that, think just some clubs seeing opportunity to pull bigger ones down to their level. An utter joke that clubs with an average attendance of 20k are limited to the same as those with 2k.

I wonder if the PFA can get after it for restraint of trade

Fact.

I heard the argument on TalkSPORT suggesting it levels the playing field, but the reality is clubs like Sunderland/Ipswich aren’t on a level playing to that of Rochdale et. so, we have different resources at our disposal.

You couldn’t have summed it up better than it is smaller clubs clutching to try and bring bigger clubs down to their level, and unfortunately at this level there are a lot of more small clubs than big ones.

Originally I didn’t mind the idea post financial impact COVID, but the more I’ve thought the more I think it’s ridiculous.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Salary cap passed on 13:55 - Aug 7 with 2566 viewspatrickswell

Daragh McAnthony mentioned the possibility of amendments being attached to the plans. Any thoughts on what these could be? Flexibility on the cap limits? A vote to be taken on different limits given the inherent absurdity of a difference between 18 million and 2.5 million?
Salary cap passed on 13:55 - Aug 7 with 2559 viewsJ2BLUE

Salary cap passed on 13:53 - Aug 7 by Libero

Immediately?! FFS, that really does take the piss!

I guess that's Garbutt and Smith out the window.

Truly impaired.

Salary cap passed on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 2552 viewsElderGrizzly

Salary cap passed on 13:54 - Aug 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

Fact.

I heard the argument on TalkSPORT suggesting it levels the playing field, but the reality is clubs like Sunderland/Ipswich aren’t on a level playing to that of Rochdale et. so, we have different resources at our disposal.

You couldn’t have summed it up better than it is smaller clubs clutching to try and bring bigger clubs down to their level, and unfortunately at this level there are a lot of more small clubs than big ones.

Originally I didn’t mind the idea post financial impact COVID, but the more I’ve thought the more I think it’s ridiculous.

The only good thing is we have roughly half our budget to play with as Stuart Watson said wage bill now is counted as £1.2m due to the £1300wk average.
Means this season we have to get up
Salary cap passed on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 2543 viewsitfcjoe

Salary cap passed on 13:50 - Aug 7 by JDB23

Another positive, means we don't have to hear people harp on about ME plugging a gap and now he can be solely judged on his decision making and leadership, wonder how that will turn out.

It's not really a positive - we don't get to hear people saying the truth but now e do have to watch our owner flounder

Salary cap passed on 13:57 - Aug 7 with 2540 viewsElderGrizzly

Salary cap passed on 13:55 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

I guess that's Garbutt and Smith out the window.

Based on our remaining budget, we could sign 5 players on £5k a week and still be within it.

Garbutt won’t get much more than that in L1
Salary cap passed on 13:57 - Aug 7 with 2538 viewsOsborneOneNil

Salary cap passed on 13:47 - Aug 7 by JDB23

Any club in the history of the game with worse timing than us?

Not that our lot actually deserve more than £2.5m between them. Can we see any legal disputes coming from the likes of the PFA?

Was going to say the same.....the club is cursed.

It's already 'bonkers' that we are now only 2 leagues above my local non-league club, Weymouth. How much worse will it get.

Lambert is a Grade A Conman. Fraud. He's ballsed this up, massively. He needs to have a bloody good start.......but maintain it this time.
Salary cap passed on 13:57 - Aug 7 with 2533 viewsParky

Obviously a very big gamble, but I reckon a couple of clubs (Portsmouth, Sunderland) will just have an ‘all-out’ approach on getting promoted the coming season and surely the punishment (a fine) will be worth it with the money in the Championship.

Edit - I notice a number of clubs have made significant signings prior to today’s hearing so they don’t count. Another trick missed by Ipswich with our leaving everything to the last minute approach.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 13:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024