Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange comment from Lambert 18:04 - Aug 25 with 1918 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Woolfenden’s got to start to get going, he’s got to start to perform.'

He didn't play today, but looked fine to me against Spurs. What's Lambert on about?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 1849 viewsgordon

Words just tumble from his mouth, sometimes:

“He’s done OK, he’s got millions to learn. He’s playing with a freedom because there’s no pressure on him, but he’s got a talent and there’s no pressure from me on him to really make a mark, just let him nurture himself and get him through.

“But football-wise, he’s got some really nice touches. Things he’ll need to learn about moving it more quickly than he does but that will come with experience.”
Strange comment from Lambert on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 1819 viewsMattinLondon

Er, maybe he means in general since lockdown that he’s not back to full match fitness.

No idea really, just guessing.
Strange comment from Lambert on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 1817 viewsBrixtonBlue

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:10 - Aug 25 by gordon

Words just tumble from his mouth, sometimes:

“He’s done OK, he’s got millions to learn. He’s playing with a freedom because there’s no pressure on him, but he’s got a talent and there’s no pressure from me on him to really make a mark, just let him nurture himself and get him through.

“But football-wise, he’s got some really nice touches. Things he’ll need to learn about moving it more quickly than he does but that will come with experience.”

Got no problem with those words on El Miz to be honest.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 1791 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 1793 viewsbluefunk

The man has verbal diarrhoea, almost constant meaningless bullsh1t emitting from his mouth.
Strange comment from Lambert on 18:22 - Aug 25 with 1743 viewsSidVicious

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:17 - Aug 25 by bluefunk

The man has verbal diarrhoea, almost constant meaningless bullsh1t emitting from his mouth.

Poor performance it’s going to be a long long season with mid table mediocrity to look forward to
Strange comment from Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 1645 viewsWD19

Every time Mourinho loses a game he talks guff to distract from the game.

....But Lambert can’t even get that right and has burnt a quote on a meaningless friendly.
Strange comment from Lambert on 21:52 - Aug 25 with 1437 viewsBluearmy71

looking at PL's words you have quoted in a different light, maybe they can be interpreted as such...

Maybe PL means Wolfenden has to start the game, its no good chucking him on at half time or with 20 mins to go as he won't be able to produce the same level of performance from the bench!

I didn't see the game today nor have I looked at the line ups but gathered from comments that Chambo and Toto were CB's, I think this is more PL looking at options as is right to do in pre season friendlies, I would say he's running the rule over Toto more than anyone as PL may be surprised by his performance, after the initial mistake v spurs I was surprised by Toto as he actually had a decent game!

I think that Wolfenden is a dead cert starter in PL's mind and one of the first names on the team sheet, I think PL is trying just to see who to play alongside him, Toto or Chambo!

I'd love to see Corrie and Wolfenden at the back but due to experience thats isn't really an option!
Login to get fewer ads

Strange comment from Lambert on 09:43 - Aug 26 with 1157 viewsBrixtonBlue

Strange comment from Lambert on 21:52 - Aug 25 by Bluearmy71

looking at PL's words you have quoted in a different light, maybe they can be interpreted as such...

Maybe PL means Wolfenden has to start the game, its no good chucking him on at half time or with 20 mins to go as he won't be able to produce the same level of performance from the bench!

I didn't see the game today nor have I looked at the line ups but gathered from comments that Chambo and Toto were CB's, I think this is more PL looking at options as is right to do in pre season friendlies, I would say he's running the rule over Toto more than anyone as PL may be surprised by his performance, after the initial mistake v spurs I was surprised by Toto as he actually had a decent game!

I think that Wolfenden is a dead cert starter in PL's mind and one of the first names on the team sheet, I think PL is trying just to see who to play alongside him, Toto or Chambo!

I'd love to see Corrie and Wolfenden at the back but due to experience thats isn't really an option!

Hmm. He started v Spurs... didn't play at all v West Ham. So not sure your interpretation's right (of his comments at least).

Unless he meant Woolfenden needs to start for *us* to perform?! Dunno. It's all very odd.

I agree he's probably first choice in Lambo's mind. Maybe he just worded it badly?

Yeah Corrie and Wolfy are the only ones who've looked really good to me so far.

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:03 - Aug 26 with 1114 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if Woolfie agrees...!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:06 - Aug 26 with 1095 viewsDubtractor

Strange comment from Lambert on 18:17 - Aug 25 by bluefunk

Yep.

It is actually starting to annoy me a bit tbh. That and the constant overstatement of how good we are when anything goes vaguely well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 1072 viewsBrixtonBlue

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:06 - Aug 26 by Dubtractor

Yep.

It is actually starting to annoy me a bit tbh. That and the constant overstatement of how good we are when anything goes vaguely well.

He's trying to build up their confidence. Every manager does this.

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:20 - Aug 26 with 1051 viewsDubtractor

Strange comment from Lambert on 10:16 - Aug 26 by BrixtonBlue

He's trying to build up their confidence. Every manager does this.

Saying stuff like 'we're playing some fantastic football and not far from being a very good team' was fine after a couple of weeks in the job and trying to energise us, but after nearly 2 years of abject failure the words just start to grate tbh.

Appreciate that he isn't alone in the managerial bullsh1t stakes, but I've no time for it!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Strange comment from Lambert on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 964 viewsitfc48

I imagine he's trying to give him a kick up the backside. He may be our best defender but given how laid back he is he may need some tough love to reach his full potential. I personally have no problem with this as it would be a big shame for him not to make the most of his obvious talent.
Strange comment from Lambert on 11:09 - Aug 26 with 945 viewsBrixtonBlue

Strange comment from Lambert on 11:02 - Aug 26 by itfc48

I imagine he's trying to give him a kick up the backside. He may be our best defender but given how laid back he is he may need some tough love to reach his full potential. I personally have no problem with this as it would be a big shame for him not to make the most of his obvious talent.

Yeah, probably. My point was from what I've seen he doesn't look like he needs a kick up the backside as he's performed very well. And it was a comment post-match for a game he didn't even play in.

No biggie, I don't really go in for analysing manager-speak generally, just seemed a bit odd.

Strange comment from Lambert on 11:25 - Aug 26 with 923 viewsReuser_is_God

Woolfenden was one of the only ones who performed last season.

Lambert out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024