Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football match 23:03 - Sep 6 with 1298 viewsDyland

Didn't really bother with the footy but a few people said we were really good.

Really?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Football match on 07:10 - Sep 7 with 1147 viewsBlueBadger

Turns out, Marcus Evens should have taken an active interest in first team affairs ages ago. He would appear to be a natural at coaching.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Football match on 07:50 - Sep 7 with 1090 viewsSamWhiteUK

Much improved over last year, but obviously, we need to see it more than once
Football match on 08:43 - Sep 7 with 1023 viewsPendejo

Final verdict will be delivered May 2021, this is an active and on going investigation

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Football match on 08:46 - Sep 7 with 1031 viewsitfcjoe

Early days, and hard to know how seriously or prepared Bristol were for the game - but as a display not sure we could have asked for anything more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football match on 08:46 - Sep 7 with 1018 viewsGuthrum

Yes, we were good. Moved the ball, moved with the ball, created chances and (mostly) managed to prevent Rovers' atacks getting through on goal. One of the rare occasions when it seemed like we had extra men on the pitch rather than the opposition. Everyone worked hard, but not just aimless running around. Players were pushing up, often getting numbers into the box and not leaving an isolated striker having to beat several defenders before being able to shoot.

It wasn't perfect - chances were missed, attacks broke down and Bristol did have a couple of good shots (plus, at one point, a succession of corners). But it was good, certainly compared to what we have been watching recently.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Football match on 09:57 - Sep 7 with 921 viewsWickets

The way we played was incredible . The movement was incredible .Everyone was incredible .
Football match on 09:59 - Sep 7 with 910 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Football match on 09:57 - Sep 7 by Wickets

The way we played was incredible . The movement was incredible .Everyone was incredible .

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 9:59]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

We played well, yeah..... on 10:02 - Sep 7 with 910 viewsBloots

....nice and quick in the opponents half, moved the ball well.

Defence looked solid, albeit up against no attacking threat at all.

My concerns, as always with Lambert, is what will happen once the full squad is fit.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Football match on 10:10 - Sep 7 with 864 viewsitfcpaul

Played really well seeing as we didn't have an anything near full strength team out, really surprised after all the "news" coming out of PR this season.

I will say we will come across better quality opponents this season but I would say that Bristol Rovers will be somewhere near the general level of quality we come across, so if we can play like that and play teams off the park, especially with so many more players to come back into the team (hopefully, Downed, Norwood, Jackson, KVY) we should be looking to pick up the majority of points against teams of this ilk.

We will have bigger challenges obviously, from teams like Sunderland, Portsmouth, Oxford, Fleetwood etc but not sure if there will be many more, we have no idea how Peterborough will perform without Tony and other teams may not be at the same level with players having left, at the moment we still have roughly the same squad as last season (which should have been more than good enough to get at least in the play-offs) so maybe we can do it this season

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Indeed on 14:27 - Sep 7 with 738 viewsDyland

We played well, yeah..... on 10:02 - Sep 7 by Bloots

....nice and quick in the opponents half, moved the ball well.

Defence looked solid, albeit up against no attacking threat at all.

My concerns, as always with Lambert, is what will happen once the full squad is fit.

There's the rub. It doesn't even need to be a fully fit squad for wholesale changes to be made :)

Good to see both a committed and a flowing performance notwithstanding my grumbles about Lambert though.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Absolutely.... on 14:49 - Sep 7 with 706 viewsBloots

Indeed on 14:27 - Sep 7 by Dyland

There's the rub. It doesn't even need to be a fully fit squad for wholesale changes to be made :)

Good to see both a committed and a flowing performance notwithstanding my grumbles about Lambert though.

COYFB

....I hope Lambert is a resounding success and proves to be the best manager in the history of our club.

COYFB indeed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Football match on 16:11 - Sep 7 with 647 viewsMullet

Chambers was excellent. Our midfield moved the ball really well. Dozzell has added more to his game and looks like he might deliver. Drinan did everything he could. Sears took his chances.

Brizzle looked very patchwork and disorganised. They only really had a sniff when Woolfy misjudged the ball a couple of times or Chambers pulled up injured.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024