Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws 10:33 - Nov 25 with 1355 viewsitfcpaul

Judge, does he have something in his contract saying that he has to play if he is fit? That's the only thing I can think of because he can't be in based on his performances

Lankester, feel sorry for him but he just isn't good enough in the current team, he needs to be supported by others to be able to perform to his best ability and he isn't, it's impossible because he is doing the job others should be doing, if you are going to play him, then play him in the 3 up top in an attacking role, but he can't do that with the current team or formation

Sears, past it, slow, no product from anything, no incisive runs, nothin, why bother?

Huws, another past his best, never really saw him at his best but what we have now is a shadow of the player he once was sometime ago

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:37 - Nov 25 with 1314 viewsStokieBlue

I think that's very harsh on Lankester, understand your points but he shouldn't be bracketed with the others there.

He struggled yesterday but he still showed far more forward vision than Judge and did try and do things. He's also scored a few and assisted this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:37 - Nov 25 with 1314 viewschrismakin

The problem is, all of them each needs a better squad for them to actually play to their ability

none of them can concentrate on their own position, they're constantly having to look after others, or none of the others are doing anything so they're trying to hard

in judge's case, he's just absolutely sht

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:39 - Nov 25 with 1295 viewsgordon

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:37 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

I think that's very harsh on Lankester, understand your points but he shouldn't be bracketed with the others there.

He struggled yesterday but he still showed far more forward vision than Judge and did try and do things. He's also scored a few and assisted this season.

SB

Yes, and if Judge and Sears aren't up to it, Bennetts looks pretty awful to me as well, then while Edwards is injured Lankester is our best remaining winger isn't he?
Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:40 - Nov 25 with 1284 viewschrismakin

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:39 - Nov 25 by gordon

Yes, and if Judge and Sears aren't up to it, Bennetts looks pretty awful to me as well, then while Edwards is injured Lankester is our best remaining winger isn't he?

bennetts could be a very good player, very raw, but has alot of potential

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:40 - Nov 25 with 1276 viewsMrTown

Lankester had a poor game, as did Woolfenden.

But Lankester has shown moments of influence whilst he tried to find a run of games.

Lambert quick to pop at the kids again, but I have to say (and Chambers has been very good this season), but how can a ball come into the box from 25 yards and your man becomes goal side of you with 3 yards free to touch and finish. That's an error by Chambers there.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 10:41]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:41 - Nov 25 with 1268 viewsitfcpaul

SB

It was only a comment on Lankester, not a critisism, he really is a great prospect but needs more around him than what he has, he is ineffective a lot of the time, same with yesterday, forgot he was on there to be honest, nothing against the guy but he really needs more in there to allow him to do what he does best

Apologies if it saw him thrown in with the other 3 but they were the 4 I felt didn't or couldn't provide anything in the game, Judge is just awful by comparison..

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:41 - Nov 25 with 1257 viewsStokieBlue

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:39 - Nov 25 by gordon

I think there is a player there in Bennetts - just needs a decent manager to guide him.

Lambert clearly isn't that person.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:42 - Nov 25 with 1253 viewsWickets

I tend to agree regards Lankester but not sure you have got it right regards the other 3 , this is the 3rd tier of English football we are talking about these players should and its likely they will have good performances in them just not sure if it is likely to happen with this manager .
Login to get fewer ads

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:43 - Nov 25 with 1237 viewsitfcpaul

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:42 - Nov 25 by Wickets

I tend to agree regards Lankester but not sure you have got it right regards the other 3 , this is the 3rd tier of English football we are talking about these players should and its likely they will have good performances in them just not sure if it is likely to happen with this manager .

Judge's passing yesterday was abysmal, surely a professional footballer should be able to pass a ball in a straight line to someone in the same coloured shirt.........

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:44 - Nov 25 with 1231 viewsclive_baker

Would agree with the 4 you've called out, all very poor yesterday. I would add Bennetts to the list too, he's direct and likes to take on a man but you need him on a leash, and some of the basics really leave you scratching your head. I don't really see what he's done that puts him ahead of Dobra to be honest?

We had nothing in midfield, really. I doubt there are many sides at this level that could handle so many midfield injuries / suspensions to be fair, but it was a real mess yesterday. Dozzell, Skuse, Bishop, Nolan, Downes. You would think any one of those would all have started yesterday if available. Given we had so many injuries in that area it makes no sense to me that we stubbornly stick with this central 3 while Jackson watches on from the bench.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:47 - Nov 25 with 1202 viewsPinewoodblue

SB

He struggled because of what was happening around him. If Judge, Sears, Huws weren’t on the pitch it would be different.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:50 - Nov 25 with 1171 viewsitfcpaul

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:47 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

He struggled because of what was happening around him. If Judge, Sears, Huws weren’t on the pitch it would be different.

That's the point I was making, he was poor, but because he had no support for him to be able to

Woolfenden was poor again and I think the pairing of him and McGuinness is a disaster waiting to happen, we need Wilson back in there to do the simple defending stuff again, sorely lacking against a very, very average Hull City side yesterday

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 1146 viewsPinewoodblue

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:50 - Nov 25 by itfcpaul

That's the point I was making, he was poor, but because he had no support for him to be able to

Woolfenden was poor again and I think the pairing of him and McGuinness is a disaster waiting to happen, we need Wilson back in there to do the simple defending stuff again, sorely lacking against a very, very average Hull City side yesterday

Hull had the right approach. Concede possession, wait for us to make a mistake/ run out of ideas and pick us off in the break.

Really should have scored a lot more than they did.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:56 - Nov 25 with 1134 viewsitfcpaul

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:54 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

Hull had the right approach. Concede possession, wait for us to make a mistake/ run out of ideas and pick us off in the break.

Really should have scored a lot more than they did.

They were till poor though, just because they were better then our abysmal team doesn't make them good

All 3 goals were about poor defending and giving the ball away stupidly

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:01 - Nov 25 with 1096 viewschrismakin

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:56 - Nov 25 by itfcpaul

They were till poor though, just because they were better then our abysmal team doesn't make them good

All 3 goals were about poor defending and giving the ball away stupidly

hull were very good actually.

Knew exactly what to do, stayed organised, hit us on the counter when needed, didn't need to go chasing the game, barely got out of 2nd gear

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:02 - Nov 25 with 1094 viewsSmith45

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:41 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

I think there is a player there in Bennetts - just needs a decent manager to guide him.

Lambert clearly isn't that person.

SB

Agree, whilst he was guilty of holding on to the ball too much last night he's a player that can ghost past a man and the only other player we have that can do that is Bishop.
Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:02 - Nov 25 with 1089 viewsWickets

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:43 - Nov 25 by itfcpaul

Judge's passing yesterday was abysmal, surely a professional footballer should be able to pass a ball in a straight line to someone in the same coloured shirt.........

Yes he was terrible as was Sears and Huws , why is what i want to know ?
Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:12 - Nov 25 with 1057 viewsWickets

Ok we all agree Jack is still very young and has done ok so far and if senior pro's around him are playing so badly he is going to struggle . The other 3 are or should be , at least decent players at this level why are they playing so badly ?is it just apathy ? even given the injurys that midfield should have been good enough to string a few passes together it wasn't . Blimey they should have been up for this massive game and they weren't !
Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:29 - Nov 25 with 1002 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 10:50 - Nov 25 by itfcpaul

I've been saying for a long time that Wilson, whilst not particularly cultured, barely puts a foot wrong when it comes to basic defending. Some seem to not rate him based on where he came from rather than what he actually does. Having two very young centre backs was always a disaster waiting to happen.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:40 - Nov 25 with 969 viewsWickets

Judge, Lankester, Sears, Huws on 11:29 - Nov 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've been saying for a long time that Wilson, whilst not particularly cultured, barely puts a foot wrong when it comes to basic defending. Some seem to not rate him based on where he came from rather than what he actually does. Having two very young centre backs was always a disaster waiting to happen.

The first goal that set the pattern for the match was concieded because of Hull's movement from outside of the box ,nowt to do with the centre backs ,watch the highlights Sears just lets Wilks run free and he is unapposed as he shoots !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024