Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? 16:06 - Dec 4 with 4520 viewshype313

If so are they any good? tended to always steer clear of new builds.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 16:08 - Dec 4 with 4512 viewsfactual_blue

Katie is building houses now, is she?

Presumably you have to demonstrate a high degree of racism before you're allowed to buy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 16:12 - Dec 4 with 4489 viewshype313

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 16:08 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

Katie is building houses now, is she?

Presumably you have to demonstrate a high degree of racism before you're allowed to buy.

Can't see any future development plots for Great Bentley?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 16:24 - Dec 4 with 4468 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 16:12 - Dec 4 by hype313

Can't see any future development plots for Great Bentley?

There's a nice big empty space there....*

*You can take this literally or metaphorically.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 21:56 - Dec 4 with 4272 viewseastangliaisblue

Do not buy a new build. I repeat, do not buy a new build.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:58]
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 22:23 - Dec 4 with 4205 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Not bought from Hopkins Homes, but they look to be the upper end in regards to quality from what I've seen. Probably the same as any new build in respect of snagging issues. Just make sure you note them all down!
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 22:44 - Dec 4 with 4173 viewsRob88

We bought ours from Miller homes.

Two weeks after moving in we had a perfect storm when the toilet broke so kept pouring water into the basin and unbeknown to us there was a 4 inch rubber bung lodged in the waste pipe so we had a significant flood. Miller dealt with it very well and got it all sorted PDQ.

Would we buy another new build? Yes, without hesitation.
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 23:10 - Dec 4 with 4137 viewsN2_Blue

I have family who bought a Hopkins home 20 years ago and it’s almost been faultless in that time and looks as good as new.

The number of friends I know who have bought new builds and had incredible snagging problems that makes them regret the purchase I understand your thinking but don’t think Hopkins can be compared to Bovis homes and the like. They are definitely far superior but that was 20 years ago.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 08:01 - Dec 5 with 4022 viewsbefxblue

I have been involved in the building of Hopkins homes in the past (Carpentry).

I did find that all aspects of the build seemed to be of a higher standard than other house builders sites I had/have worked on, little things like screwing floors down rather than nailing, materials being of a better quality, better design standards.

Snagging is an inevitability of any new building, it's how the builder deals with it that sets them apart.

That said I wouldn't buy a new build on a large housing project as the rooms and garden space available are always small compared to 30 years ago, they do cram them in.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 08:25 - Dec 5 with 3988 viewsTractorWood

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 21:56 - Dec 4 by eastangliaisblue

Do not buy a new build. I repeat, do not buy a new build.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:58]

I would buy a new build that has been built but I wouldn't touch a theoretical house if that makes sense.

Crest Nicholson and Hopkins are usually safe. I wouldn't go Wimpy, Bovis etc.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 08:30 - Dec 5 with 3970 viewsSuperblue95

No but a friend of mine did. She was a nice enough girl

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 08:41 - Dec 5 with 3947 viewsbentley_blue

I bought one 5 years ago (using the help to buy scheme). A few minor snagging issues, which Hopkins sorted quickly. Ours was built before we purchased and the whole process was quick and pain free. There is an ongoing problem with drainage on the green/communal space which should have been dealt with by now.
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 11:48 - Dec 5 with 3818 viewsBlueForYou

I live in a new build & its lovely, spacious, warm & comfortable. This one was built prior to Covid & stood empty for 5 months. Previous to this I bought off plan & that turned out OK too. One thing to watchout for on new builds is management fees for looking after communal areas! My current house is a 3 bed semi & is bigger than any I've ever had. Hopkins dont build spacious homes though!
Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 3711 viewseastangliaisblue

Anyone bought a Hopkins Home before? on 08:25 - Dec 5 by TractorWood

I would buy a new build that has been built but I wouldn't touch a theoretical house if that makes sense.

Crest Nicholson and Hopkins are usually safe. I wouldn't go Wimpy, Bovis etc.

I've never lived in one myself, but from a few friends who have, they have had nothing but problems with them, I wouldn't touch them. Some of the issues are just downright scandalous too. Like a patio above the damp course for instance.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 16:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024