Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sort of player we should be after? 15:50 - Jan 7 with 1407 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:52 - Jan 7 with 1362 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but how good is he at endlessly passing it around the back as is required from our Technical Football?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:52 - Jan 7 with 1361 viewsgeg1992

I was completely baffled when we got rid of him, now it's just frustrating seeing these stats.

And to think we spent money on getting Donacien, Emmanuel has always been a better player.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:53 - Jan 7 with 1349 viewsSpruceMoose

Entirely predictable.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:55 - Jan 7 with 1343 viewscatch74

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:52 - Jan 7 by BlueBadger

Yes, but how good is he at endlessly passing it around the back as is required from our Technical Football?

When they say modern day full back they just haven’t seen the new ultra modern day style of football we play, he’s be lost here - we’d probably get rid of him on a free.

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:55 - Jan 7 with 1343 viewsJakeITFC

The replacement we signed is better, but the real shame was keeping Donacien over Emmanuel. Ultimately though I think it was certainly in Josh's best interests to move on to play regular football.
Sort of player we should be after? on 15:56 - Jan 7 with 1333 viewscatch74

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:55 - Jan 7 by JakeITFC

The replacement we signed is better, but the real shame was keeping Donacien over Emmanuel. Ultimately though I think it was certainly in Josh's best interests to move on to play regular football.

Very good point, not sure anyone could have predicted KVY out for over a year. Hope he’s back and stays for.

Sort of player we should be after? on 16:53 - Jan 7 with 1173 viewssw20tractor

What gets me is he got rave reviews up at Rotherham on loan and won young player of the season for them. That still wasn’t enough to make the powers that be see that the boy had enough potential to stay on.
Sort of player we should be after? on 17:11 - Jan 7 with 1097 viewsclive_baker

I liked him, he was quick, strong, athletic. Everything a modern full back should be.

I think it probably helps him that he's in a half coherent side that's well drilled. I didn't think Hull were anything special when I saw them, but they made us look pony enough. Nsiala and Nolan were mainstays in a side that got to the PO final, Emmanuel was a regular that got promoted with Rotherham and is now top 2 with Hull, and they're supposedly the weaker players we've had over recent years.

There's something fundamentally broken at Ipswich.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Sort of player we should be after? on 17:24 - Jan 7 with 1049 viewsmonty_radio

I liked him up at Playford Rd in the U23s but he never seemed to me to press his case, and even in our defeat at the hands of Hull he seemed to be, just as I remembered, better going forward than defending. I think it still remains to be seen how far Josh, Andre, Woolfie and perhaps even Flynn will develop away from this pretty putrid league.

The praising of the conveyor belt is natural, but we also see that three have returned today from leagues as mighty as the National League North, and not had a look in there. El Mizouni's time at Cambridge proved similarly unproductive. I really hope Josh does well and that Andre, Flynn and Woolfie, at the very least, press on, but even our 2005 Cup winning side boasted very few who made a dent in the professional world. Both our cup winning and UEFA winning sides contained more than half who were "our own", but it's not a trick that we've been able to repeat. We have more maybes than usual at the moment, but only three who have nailed down a place. Josh never did that while here.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sort of player we should be after? on 17:30 - Jan 7 with 1025 viewsmarchy

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:56 - Jan 7 by catch74

Very good point, not sure anyone could have predicted KVY out for over a year. Hope he’s back and stays for.

He's a creative and energetic player pivotal to many attacking efforts at Ipswich Town. He was always on borrowed time.
Sort of player we should be after? on 18:20 - Jan 7 with 925 viewsjayessess

Sort of player we should be after? on 15:56 - Jan 7 by catch74

I would've thought that "who plays there if he gets injured" is a fairly basic bit of planning? Particularly given that Lambert thought so little of Donacien that he preferred to put Gwion Edwards and Cole Skuse there. Kane's also supposed to be fairly proficient at left back, so keeping Emmanuel would've allowed him to cover left back when needed as well.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sort of player we should be after? on 21:14 - Jan 7 with 734 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sort of player we should be after? on 17:24 - Jan 7 by monty_radio

I liked him up at Playford Rd in the U23s but he never seemed to me to press his case, and even in our defeat at the hands of Hull he seemed to be, just as I remembered, better going forward than defending. I think it still remains to be seen how far Josh, Andre, Woolfie and perhaps even Flynn will develop away from this pretty putrid league.

The praising of the conveyor belt is natural, but we also see that three have returned today from leagues as mighty as the National League North, and not had a look in there. El Mizouni's time at Cambridge proved similarly unproductive. I really hope Josh does well and that Andre, Flynn and Woolfie, at the very least, press on, but even our 2005 Cup winning side boasted very few who made a dent in the professional world. Both our cup winning and UEFA winning sides contained more than half who were "our own", but it's not a trick that we've been able to repeat. We have more maybes than usual at the moment, but only three who have nailed down a place. Josh never did that while here.

And part of a player's stats are about forming effective partnerships. If the strikers are making the right moves for him and the centre backs are good enough to allow him the freedom and if he is given enough of the ball, all of those things will help his stats to look good. That said, he can't have that good stats without having something about him and that spell at Rotherham should have alerted us to him having potential, similar to Rhodes and Keiffer Moore. It is almost like we thought we were too good for them as we dropped to below the level they were already at.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sort of player we should be after? on 22:14 - Jan 7 with 665 viewsmonty_radio

Sort of player we should be after? on 21:14 - Jan 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

And part of a player's stats are about forming effective partnerships. If the strikers are making the right moves for him and the centre backs are good enough to allow him the freedom and if he is given enough of the ball, all of those things will help his stats to look good. That said, he can't have that good stats without having something about him and that spell at Rotherham should have alerted us to him having potential, similar to Rhodes and Keiffer Moore. It is almost like we thought we were too good for them as we dropped to below the level they were already at.

Kieffer Moore was the one who had really proved there was something there, scoring 15 goals on loan. But Mick, with his usual cryptic attitudes , bought him in as a punt, then, when he started to come good declared that we had better, which it turned out we didn't, Waghorn aside.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024