Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this talk about Paul Cook... 22:52 - Jan 11 with 1898 viewsbrazil1981

Firstly he’s hot favourite to be announced as Sheff Wednesday manager any day anyway. Also quick google about his style of football brings up phrases such as “defence minded”, “likes the long ball”, “hit the big man up front”, “keep a clean sheet and take it from there”! Sounds like another recent manager of ours!!!!!
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 23:24 - Jan 11 with 1750 viewsEireannach_gorm

You're right we need technical football and as little defending as possible. Seems we have the right man for the job currently. Bore off Cook.
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 01:40 - Jan 12 with 1559 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:09 - Jan 12 with 1263 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He'd be mad, and I do mean mad to take the Sheffield W job. It's a bonkers club with an owner on an Oyston level.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 1197 viewsWD19

There wasn't much of that in evidence when his L1 side passed Manchester City off the park.

Experienced guy with his head screwed on right. There is a reason Championship sides are after him and he would be a dream appointment for us.

Its just unfortunate he is called Paul.
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:31 - Jan 12 with 1184 viewsMonkeyAlan

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:09 - Jan 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

He'd be mad, and I do mean mad to take the Sheffield W job. It's a bonkers club with an owner on an Oyston level.

Could say the same about us. We are a laughing stock too. Evans you muppet.
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 1182 viewsSuffolkBlue11

Actively wants the Wednesday job too by the sounds of it https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-coo
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:40 - Jan 12 with 1151 viewshaynes_toe1

Is it that worse an option than us? I guess he's likely to get a longer stab at it here, and maybe if he does REALLY bad he'll get a 5 year contract for his troubles.
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 1108 viewsRadlett_blue

Given Town's reduced status, the type of manager we might attract is going to be one of the following:
1. washed up veteran, like Jewell, Lambert, Holloway etc.
2. untried "up & coming" young manager like Hurst.
3. former "club hero" like butcher of Dyer.
Not very appealing, is it? We are likely to do a Sheffield United, who went through 6 managers in 5 years, before lucking out with Chris Wilder.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 10:47 - Jan 12 with 998 viewsPinewoodblue

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:52 - Jan 12 by Radlett_blue

Given Town's reduced status, the type of manager we might attract is going to be one of the following:
1. washed up veteran, like Jewell, Lambert, Holloway etc.
2. untried "up & coming" young manager like Hurst.
3. former "club hero" like butcher of Dyer.
Not very appealing, is it? We are likely to do a Sheffield United, who went through 6 managers in 5 years, before lucking out with Chris Wilder.

Evans has got through his fair share of managers without striking it lucky. Only difference he has taken the best part of twenty years.

Perhaps he doesn’t like admitting he gets it wrong.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 12:12 - Jan 12 with 867 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Err. Hmmm. Words fail me
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 12:15 - Jan 12 with 852 viewsTieDyedIn95

Imagine also taking a job here.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 12:52 - Jan 12 with 792 viewsNorrisHatter

All this talk about Paul Cook... on 09:28 - Jan 12 by WD19

There wasn't much of that in evidence when his L1 side passed Manchester City off the park.

Experienced guy with his head screwed on right. There is a reason Championship sides are after him and he would be a dream appointment for us.

Its just unfortunate he is called Paul.

It would be nice to think he could follow in the footsteps of other ex-Stockport players who have done well when they made permanent moves to Town via other staging posts - Shefki Kuqi and Alun Armstrong come to mind
All this talk about Paul Cook... on 13:29 - Jan 12 with 699 viewsbackwaywhen

Another pay dat though , as the whole of professional football is .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024