Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whispers around the place 10:18 - Jan 25 with 1630 viewsBluefish

Phil has heard the whispers, I would say this means a succession plan is being prepared and nothing will change that. Don't forget the trigger was pulled on Jim after playing norwich off the park and beating them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The whispers around the place on 10:20 - Jan 25 with 1593 viewsprozach

Evans has always had a manager waiting in the wings when he's got rid of a manager - with the exception of McCarthy, when he had time to play with. That is one thing to credit him for

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

The whispers around the place on 10:22 - Jan 25 with 1531 viewsMetal_Hacker

The whispers around the place on 10:20 - Jan 25 by prozach

Evans has always had a manager waiting in the wings when he's got rid of a manager - with the exception of McCarthy, when he had time to play with. That is one thing to credit him for

Personally I wouldn't credit him for those he's had lined up."Credit" is perhaps a little favorable sentiment ,I rather use the word blame

Poll: If it were one or the other

The whispers around the place on 10:23 - Jan 25 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

The more I think about the end of the Mick era, the more annoyed I get. The timeframe involved meant that we could have done some serious thinking and work to make the club's structure more fit for purpose rather than the mostly failed model of 'hire a manager and hope for the best'.

A properly structured club probably would have had a few checks and balances on both Hurst AND Lambert and we might have stood more of a chance.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 10:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The whispers around the place on 10:25 - Jan 25 with 1474 viewsKeno

McCarthy, when he had time to play with

and we ended up with Hurst .......

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The whispers around the place on 10:27 - Jan 25 with 1432 viewsBlueBadger

The whispers around the place on 10:25 - Jan 25 by Keno

McCarthy, when he had time to play with

and we ended up with Hurst .......

The utter lack of any kind of checks and balances on Hurst was was did for him, ultimately. We had a golden opportunity to modernise the club structure when Mick handed his notice in and decided that the old-fashioned model of manager does everything' was just fine still.

It worked for Mick because he's a very good, old-skool manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The whispers around the place on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 1378 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The whispers around the place on 10:22 - Jan 25 by Metal_Hacker

Personally I wouldn't credit him for those he's had lined up."Credit" is perhaps a little favorable sentiment ,I rather use the word blame

Other than Jewell, you can make a reasonable argument for all managers appointed at the time were a good decision. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The problem has always been the structure of the club and the failings to back the one genuinely good appointment we ended up having(MM).

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The whispers around the place on 10:32 - Jan 25 with 1320 viewsBlueBadger

The whispers around the place on 10:29 - Jan 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Other than Jewell, you can make a reasonable argument for all managers appointed at the time were a good decision. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The problem has always been the structure of the club and the failings to back the one genuinely good appointment we ended up having(MM).

Mick needed better structure to maximise his qualities, Hurst, Jewell, Lambert and Keane should have had them in place to keep their excesses in check.

The whispers around the place on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 1236 viewsPinewoodblue

Strangely I hope he hasn’t made his mind up about who to replace Lambert with. I would be in favour of giving the job to Dyer and Butcher as a caretaker management team.

Would also ask Chambers and Skuse to take on either U23’s or U18’s until end of the season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

The whispers around the place on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 1197 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The whispers around the place on 10:32 - Jan 25 by BlueBadger

Mick needed better structure to maximise his qualities, Hurst, Jewell, Lambert and Keane should have had them in place to keep their excesses in check.

Keane had Clegg keeping him in check....

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The whispers around the place on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 1130 viewspointofblue

The whispers around the place on 10:27 - Jan 25 by BlueBadger

The utter lack of any kind of checks and balances on Hurst was was did for him, ultimately. We had a golden opportunity to modernise the club structure when Mick handed his notice in and decided that the old-fashioned model of manager does everything' was just fine still.

It worked for Mick because he's a very good, old-skool manager.

I agree and I think the lack of a structure screwed Hurst up more than anything - he had too much power, didn’t know what to do with it, quickly found himself out of his depth and tore the club apart trying to survive.

Until Evans builds something substantial away from the manager not much is going to change. Even Mick had his issues because he couldn’t keep every ball he was juggling in the air. Imagine if we just had someone with extensive knowledge about sport science and player fitness alongside him?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The whispers around the place on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 1093 viewsBlueBadger

The whispers around the place on 10:47 - Jan 25 by pointofblue

I agree and I think the lack of a structure screwed Hurst up more than anything - he had too much power, didn’t know what to do with it, quickly found himself out of his depth and tore the club apart trying to survive.

Until Evans builds something substantial away from the manager not much is going to change. Even Mick had his issues because he couldn’t keep every ball he was juggling in the air. Imagine if we just had someone with extensive knowledge about sport science and player fitness alongside him?

As I said below:

The whispers around the place by BlueBadger 25 Jan 2021 10:32

The whispers around the place on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 969 viewsOsborneOneNil

The whispers around the place on 10:40 - Jan 25 by Pinewoodblue

Strangely I hope he hasn’t made his mind up about who to replace Lambert with. I would be in favour of giving the job to Dyer and Butcher as a caretaker management team.

Would also ask Chambers and Skuse to take on either U23’s or U18’s until end of the season.

Yeah nice, unless of course, Paul Cook is ready now.

He won’t be by the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024