Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick your 1st choice then 09:41 - Feb 2 with 2286 viewsBluefish

Holy
Matheson Chambers Woolfenden Kenlock
Dozzell Downes
Thomas Bishop Dobra
Norwood

That is never getting picked but it is what I would go with or perhaps 5-3-2

Holy
Chambers Woolfenden McGuiness
Matheson Kenlock
Downes Dozzell Bishop
Norwood Perrott

Possibly remove Dozzell for Harrop because I don't like a deep midfielder in a 5-3-2

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pick your 1st choice then on 09:45 - Feb 2 with 2249 viewschicoazul

If all are fit;

Holy
KVY
Wilson
Woolf
Ward
Andre
Downes
Bishop
Lankester
Norwood
Jackson

Yes, no Chambers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pick your 1st choice then on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 2248 viewsMrTown

Was thinking about it last night after posting a team yesterday, but a better version of mine I think:

Holy
Matheson - Chambers - Wilson - Kenlock
Downes - Dozzell
Thomas - Bishop - Harrop
Norwood

[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 9:46]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Pick your 1st choice then on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 2248 viewscatch74

Maybe do an in house match - assuming everyone fit. Your first team could play against.
Cornell
KVY MCGuinness Wilson Ward
Skuse Nolan
Bennetts Harrop Edwards
Parrott

Probably a fairly strong third team watching too.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Pick your 1st choice then on 09:49 - Feb 2 with 2222 viewsWallingford_Boy

CHAMBERS AT CB!! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!?!?!

Also Parrott will start.

RIP Sir Bobby

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 2125 viewsfloridaboy

Pick your 1st choice then on 09:49 - Feb 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Also Parrott will start.

Agree! Spurs have not allowed Parrott to come here just to sit on the bench. He was doing that at Millwall!
Pick your 1st choice then on 11:06 - Feb 2 with 2122 viewsfloridaboy

Also Parrott will start.

Agree! Spurs have not allowed Parrott to come here just to sit on the bench. He was doing that at Millwall!

Holy
Matheson, Wolfenden, McGuiness, Kenlock
Thomas, Harrop, Downes, Edwards
Norwood, Parrott
Pick your 1st choice then on 11:07 - Feb 2 with 2117 viewsMrTown

Also Parrott will start.

Chambers is ok, nothing more or less. He’s a League 1 footballer now, but he’s probably being our best defender of a bad bunch all season.

Needs to be in there I think for the rest of the season.

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:09 - Feb 2 with 2114 viewsBluefish

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:07 - Feb 2 by MrTown

Chambers is ok, nothing more or less. He’s a League 1 footballer now, but he’s probably being our best defender of a bad bunch all season.

Needs to be in there I think for the rest of the season.

Sadly we have a group of supporters that would prefer to make the team weaker and create disharmony than play Chambers. Sad bunch
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 11:16]

Login to get fewer ads

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:11 - Feb 2 with 2102 viewsSimonds92

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:06 - Feb 2 by floridaboy

Holy
Matheson, Wolfenden, McGuiness, Kenlock
Thomas, Harrop, Downes, Edwards
Norwood, Parrott

No chance of 2 up front and i really do not understand the obsession woth everyone having wolfenden in the team. He has not performed all season, he's not quick or physically dominant and positionally he's very poor.
Pick your 1st choice then on 11:18 - Feb 2 with 2075 viewscatch74

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:11 - Feb 2 by Simonds92

No chance of 2 up front and i really do not understand the obsession woth everyone having wolfenden in the team. He has not performed all season, he's not quick or physically dominant and positionally he's very poor.

I agree, feels like he’s filled out a little bit, which has slowed him down a fraction but hasn’t benefitted him in the physical battles.
I would be interested in how a new manager would change that, a lot of the game is in the head and the number of central defenders that are better players in their 30’s than 20’s(even when they’ve lost a yard.)
Other than Dozzell playing regularly (and I wonder how much that was pushed on Lambert) I can’t think of a single player that’s pushed on this season, that’s not a coincidence.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:19 - Feb 2 with 2071 viewsBluefish

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:11 - Feb 2 by Simonds92

There is a balance to our best side on the day and the one that will give us longer term growth. Developing woolfenden, dobra, lankester, even kenlock should be put ahead of loanees unless the difference is significant enough. Woolfenden is struggling but for me that is a break down in relations with the manager. I think moving Chambers to CB will help to get the best from LW. Nsiala, Wilson and McGuiness all have errors in them and are not currently a big enough upgrade. Similarly kenlock is not a massive upgrade on ward but he has a possible future beyond this season

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:51 - Feb 2 with 1992 viewsRobTheMonk

I never thought I'd be saying that I think we've massively missed Wilson at the back.
Pick your 1st choice then on 13:13 - Feb 2 with 1908 viewsIpswichKnight

Harrop was brought in to play 10 and with Bishop getting sent Harrop will start on Saturday

Holy
Matheson Chambers McGuinness Kenlock
Downes Dozzell
Thomas Harrop Edwards
Parrott

That’s my guess as to what will start on Saturday.
Pick your 1st choice then on 13:21 - Feb 2 with 1898 viewsBluefish

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:13 - Feb 2 by IpswichKnight

Harrop was brought in to play 10 and with Bishop getting sent Harrop will start on Saturday

Holy
Matheson Chambers McGuinness Kenlock
Downes Dozzell
Thomas Harrop Edwards
Parrott

That’s my guess as to what will start on Saturday.

I would guess that is going to be very close to it. He may choose to start some of the new ones from the bench for the 1st game but I expect that team to be the plan

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:25 - Feb 2 with 1888 viewsitfcpaul

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:19 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

There is a balance to our best side on the day and the one that will give us longer term growth. Developing woolfenden, dobra, lankester, even kenlock should be put ahead of loanees unless the difference is significant enough. Woolfenden is struggling but for me that is a break down in relations with the manager. I think moving Chambers to CB will help to get the best from LW. Nsiala, Wilson and McGuiness all have errors in them and are not currently a big enough upgrade. Similarly kenlock is not a massive upgrade on ward but he has a possible future beyond this season

and you think Woolfenden has been good this season, he has been awful, a liability so please don't defend him, McGuinness has been awesome at times with recover and defending while Woolfenden goes on walkabout leaving others to get the blame for him being in the centre circle instead of where he should be

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:27 - Feb 2 with 1878 viewschicoazul

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:09 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Sadly we have a group of supporters that would prefer to make the team weaker and create disharmony than play Chambers. Sad bunch

Chambers is the only central consistent figure on the pitch in our 4 season decline. I love the guy as much as anyone apart from you and Bloots but it’s time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:32 - Feb 2 with 1864 viewsclive_baker

I don't know why KVY isn't considered at LB in anyone's side. He's played there loads in his career, and if he can get back fit and Matheson impresses then that feels like a good option to me.

Holy
Matheson Chambers McGuinness KVY
Thomas Downes Harrop Dozzell
Norwood Parrott

Shoe horning Andre in somewhat, but I would like to see him given a run without the responsibilities of his current role. I would like to see him take the shackles off and have licence to create further forward.

That's a very strong side at this level, considering Woolfenden, Ward, Jackson, Edwards, Bishop etc are on the bench.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pick your 1st choice then on 15:08 - Feb 2 with 1804 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s a good point about KVY playing at LB he played there for Colchester as well.

I can’t see us playing 4-4-2 I mean I’d love it but after the fraud came out and said we’re rubbish when we play that he’s not going back to starting it, that would mean admitting we know more than him ( well it’s obvious we do as well but he can’t be seen to admit it! )

What’s equally depressing is when he is sacked all the decent managers will have been snapped up and we’ll end up with a Jewell type clone and this time next season we’ll be having these same conversations or worse looking at life in L2.
Pick your 1st choice then on 15:19 - Feb 2 with 1792 viewsBluefish

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:27 - Feb 2 by chicoazul

Chambers is the only central consistent figure on the pitch in our 4 season decline. I love the guy as much as anyone apart from you and Bloots but it’s time.

To be fair if I used anyone on here as a barometer of reading the team and the game I would pick me and bloots

Messi is part of the decline at barca

Pick your 1st choice then on 15:23 - Feb 2 with 1779 viewsStadiumofdark

It's tricky when we have 43 midfielders, and no fit/proven strikers.

Holy

Norwich Fan, Chambers, Wolf, Kenlock

Thomas Downes Bishop Edwards

Parrot + Harrop
Pick your 1st choice then on 15:52 - Feb 2 with 1745 viewsMrTown

Pick your 1st choice then on 11:09 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

Every player should be picked on merit, what they are doing in the now, not what they have done for the club in past. But Chambers should be there on merit right now due to performances.

Also why Woolfenden shouldn't, and possibly Edwards who has looked poor since returning.

Pick your 1st choice then on 15:54 - Feb 2 with 1737 viewsMrTown

Pick your 1st choice then on 13:27 - Feb 2 by chicoazul

It will be time come the end of the season, I agree.

But right now, he is the best performing defender to date out of bunch who have been poor.

Pick your 1st choice then on 16:16 - Feb 2 with 1715 viewsBluefish

Pick your 1st choice then on 15:52 - Feb 2 by MrTown

Every player should be picked on merit, what they are doing in the now, not what they have done for the club in past. But Chambers should be there on merit right now due to performances.

Also why Woolfenden shouldn't, and possibly Edwards who has looked poor since returning.

.....and before he was injured

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024